Jumping in........

Conneazoo

I've been watching a ton of videos and doing general research and I may jump into the mechanical mod and RBA pool.

I need to be relatively inexpensive, so a clone is probably going to fit the bill.

I've come up with the Smoktech Magneto and RSST combo.

Good starting point? Pros? Cons? If you're in a car travelling at the speed of light and you turn on the head lights, what happens? LOL!!

I know y'all answer the same questions over and over and this is probably another redundancy. Thanks in advance. You rock!!

Thanks guys. I am an Aviation Electrician by trade and have a couple ohm meters (Can't beat Fluke!) and battery knowledge. I am not going to stack and have a couple Sony VTC4s and a Nitecore charger on the way.

I decided on the RSST because it looks very first timer friendly. I will look into the Patriot and iGO W.

Between this place and YouTube I'm chasing clouds!

Most learn on drippers then go to swimmers (tanks) but you sound bright enough...

Thanks Troy. Appreciate it. However, I tend to drool, walk with a limp, and wear an eyepatch. These things don't show up when writing though. Just kidding.

I am leaning towards the RSST because it is a swimmer. The fact that you can seep separate the deck from the juice well without making a giant mess was a bonus to me.

I was staying away from drippers because, well, I didn't want to drip. I seems kinda messy to me and I kinda just want to add juice and go. After checking out the Patriot and IGO models though, I may be changing my mind. I like the fact that they will facilitate dual coils. I also came across the Stillare and Helios models. Are these any good? On the swimmer front I found that the Aqua tank looks interesting.

Well, I'm now the owner of a Magneto and an RSST. In an earlier post on this thread I said that I had some VTC4 batts on the way. They are actually VTC5 batts.

Now I'm waiting patiently on 400 SS mesh and 100 feet of 28AWG A1 Kanthal.

Also, I ordered a SS Patriot clone by HCigar and somehow, magically, it has an HCigar copper Nemisis attached to it.

I'm no longer thinking of jumping but have dove into the deep end!

TY Joshua and TY for your service to our country.

I don't know about being a wiz, since I learned in the USN, and I know how you grunts feel about us squids!! LOL!! But, I've been doing it for a little while and safety is always paramount.

NAVY: Never Again Volunteer Yourself!!

Y'all can have those MREs and dirt beds! I'll take 3 hots and a cot any day of the week! LOL!

I have a couple close friends that are former Marines and we go at it all the time. All in good fun. They are great dudes.

Well I haven't received my SS mesh yet, so the Magneto RSST combo will sit for a bit longer.

However, I received my VTC5s a Brushed Copper Nemi clone and a pre-coiled and wicked Patriot clone both 1:1 by HCigar.

I checked the build. It rang out at 2.1 ohms and is wicked with Ecowool. I set up the mod with a fresh charged batt and did a couple test fires with Comps Home Canned Peaches. Let the first pull commence......

.....HOLY CRAP!! This thing hits like a friggin' train. Let me say that I am a mouth to lung guy. I am going to have to become a lung hitter. The airflow is like a hurricane. I have the Nemi airflow off and have been covering one hole on the Patriot with my thumb. It's still huge.

Also, I think I'm gonna have to adjust my juice mix. I'm doing 50/50 right now and it's great on the VAMO at around 9.0-10W. On the mech, the TH is super powerful. I'm thinking maybe 30/70....LOL!!!

I'll be doing more experimenting but I'm officially hooked.

Man, I'm such a noob!