New and have some questions

Just got a halo triton tank kit. I like it but still feel myself wanting a smoke. I smoked about a pack a day. I'm vaping 18mg. Not sure how often I should be hitting it. I feel like I still want a cig but maybe that's the habit and not the need for nicotine?

It's not unusual to need 24mg to start. Typically your body will tell you if you're getting more nic than it needs. Headache, nausia, etc... Remember to stay hydrated well with vapeing. Also, don't feal guilty for haveing a cig right now. It takes a lil fine tuneing to get vapeing right, but it's worth it! If you can get the liquid you like in 24mg and feel it's a bit too much for some reason you can mix it with the 18mg and split the difference so to speek. Welcome to VT, and feel free to ask questions! We've all been there...

Thanks to you both for the advice. I like the prime 15 from halo. I got the variety pack so may try another today. Can I just dump it back into the dropper to try another flavor or do I need to use it all from the tank first?

If you've had the juice in a tank, do NOT put it back into the bottle mixing the fresh juice with the used. The juice in the tanks have gotten heated a bit from the coils. After you've been vaping on it for awhile you'll notice the juice getting a little darker, a little...not tasting quite like you'd like. That's when you'll want to dump it out, rinse the tank well, possibly change the coil to a new one and refill with fresh juice.

You'll want to get more tanks as the wicks inside (even if you can't see them), do tend to hold onto the flavor previously in the tank. Back ups! And back ups of back ups are a must with vaping. You'll never be sorry you got them. :)

18 mg of nic is around a medium flavored cigarette with 12 being the lights and 24 the full flavored. These are just very loose guidelines. I used to smoke Marlboro Lights (12 mg), about a pack a day when I switched to vaping. At first I needed the 24 mg juice just to get me started and then I gradually stepped it down. These days I go from anything between 24, mostly 12 - 6 mg -- sometimes even 0 mg.

Welcome and good luck!

Good advice. Thank you. I didn't realize I had to rinse the tank. Do I take the coil out first? Sounds like I need to buy some more tanks!

Back up tanks or just a tank per flavor. That's what I do. I keep about four to five different tanks on their own batteries so all I have to do is pick up the one I want to vape and it's all there. :)

You'll want to rinse and clean the tank every so often just to keep the flavor fresh, but that's just my preference. I prefer to take the coil out before rinsing the rest. If the coil gets wet it's better to let it sit overnight to dry out first or it'll be hard to taste the juice for some time.

Yes, buy more tanks. :D

I understand what you mean about wanting an analog when you first start vaping... the first week or so is the hardest part. What worked for me is that I bought my last carton and about halfway through it, I bought my eGo-T starter kit... I started vaping when I had only 3 packs left, and managed to stretch those 3 packs over the next week. I forced myself to NOT buy another pack of analogs. A week later, I didn't miss them! As a treat for not smoking analogs, I bought myself another starter kit (cheaper than buying more batteries singly), and two Kanger mini ProTank3's... picked them all up for the price of a carton of my usual analogs :)

Speaking of tanks, no... you can't have too many, IMO. If you vape a lot of different flavors, or (like me) still experimenting with different flavor/tank/coil/battery combos, you'll really want a tank for each flavor, especially if you're using plastic tanks, because they tend to hold flavors, unlike glass tanks. Once a wick has picked up a flavor, you can get away with a similar flavor in the same tank, but not something "different". Like Tam said, washing, or at least a hot water rinse/soak is a good idea from time to time, as it will get the "gunk" out of them.

I'm still fairly new to this myself, too, and I just counted my tanks... 7 unopened Ce4 tanks, two in use (I'll start looking for a deal on bulk-pack on eBay soon)... four BCC tanks (with 12 spare coils), and six BDC tanks (with 14 spare coils). Personally, I think I could use a couple more, lol... but I'm determined to actually "save" some cash over the summer. So until Labor Day, I've given myself a limitation... only spend $ on e-juices, atomizer coils (or Ce4 tanks), and only 'replace' any of my equipment if it becomes damaged or malfunctions.... No more upgrades for a while!! :( After Labor Day, I plan to learn to build my own coils, since I'll have enough atomizer heads to make it worthwhile, and maybe treat myself to a new battery MOD and a couple of nice glass or all-stainless-steel tanks closer to Christmas!

It's easy to go nuts on equipment (batteries, tanks, coils, juice, stands, cases, blah, blah), but in the long-run, what you're saving on NOT smoking makes it worthwhile, IMO, and really getting INTO the hobby is another aspect that will keep your mind off analogs... at least it has for me!

Welcome to the site. I smoked a pack, pack and a half a day, been cigarette free about 20 days. For about a week I smoked a couple of cigarettes a day. A big trigger for me was that I smoked in the truck, so when I left work to go home, or headed to work, lighting a cigarette was instinct. One of the first things I did was quit smoking in the truck. I let it air out as much as I could, cleaned it well, and got an air freshener. Went a few days ( just guessing maybe 4 days) where I smoked 2 or three cigarettes a day but didn't smoke in the truck. At work going outside with my smoking buddies for a vape was a bad idea, I'd end up getting a cigarette so I quit doing that. After getting past the truck part and getting my nicotine level high enough (for me it was going from 12 to 18 but we're all different) and getting a good setup, it was easier than I expected.)

The first week or so was the toughest, I had to make a conscious decision to hit the carto when I had a craving instead of lighting a cigarette. But each day it got easier, and that along with not putting too much pressure on myself, worked well for me. It was actually the MVP 2.0, good ejuice, and a few different cartomizers to figure out what juice I really liked that did the trick. If I hadn't gotten into the hobby/enthusiast aspect of vaping though, I'm not sure if I would have been successful. These guys and gals have been quite supportive, and a good bit of fun along the way.

pretty much the same as everyone, pack a day smoker...started out on 24mg nic in my juice...first week was a little iffy but everytime I wanted an analog I reached instead for my tank and batt, few puffs later im right as rain. also got lucky and picked a flavor I could stand vapeing all day. Oh and yeah keep something to drink with you for two reasons, to hydrate and wash down the residue. make sure you do get plenty of water in, don't stick to coffee and tea all day.

and one more thing, may help to keep a back up rig with you at work for those times when the coil gets rank on you or you break your workhorse rig. happened to me this week, dropped my fav rig on the ground and demolished my mini pro tank 3...had to rush home for my spare tank.