Dual 18650 Bronze DNA 30

Proetus

This thread is to document the Bronze Dual 18650 DNA 30.

Parts List

DNA 30 By Evolv

1590B Enclosure

2x LGDBHE218650 2500Mah High Drain Batteries

22mm Stainless Steel Top cap

Adjustable Center Pin

Fuses for safety! Reverse polarity and battery failure protection.

Fire Button

Wattage adjustment buttons

Screen Cradle

1 amp Mini usb charging board

Custom Battery Holder

20 and 24 gauge wire

20 Minute Epoxy

Stay clean flux

null_zps1c221415.jpg

Measuring and drilling all holes for buttons, Screen, charging board and 510 connections.

null_zps223ff90e.jpg

null_zps0ed15721.jpg

Drilling holes!

null_zps23847021.jpg

Edited by Proetus

Three coats of paint drying. After its dry its gonna get a coat or two of Poly. Light in the basement isn't the best, they look like different colors!

null_zpsc48b4898.jpg

null_zps78e1f47d.jpg

In a holding pattern until I get the screen cradle to ensure it fits the opening I made. Hopefully I'm good to go and don't have to file more. If I have to file more, means paint again!

Screen cradles arrived the other day. Had to do a little more fit n finish to the enclosure for it to fit. Was expected since i didn't have it while drilling/filing the holes. I got everything fit and GD does it look fantastic! I have to shoot it with Poly either tonight or tomorrow, i'll start wiring it up after i spray it. Test it for a day or two and i'll be done!

null_zps591a21be.jpg

null_zps4d632575.jpg

null_zpsfa186a5c.jpg

It looks great! I want to build one so bad. Could you help m me find the right fuse? Do you know the product code for them? Also I like how you centered the top cap. Nice detail.

Please ensure that you are following all battery safety when building mods. Would hate to see anyone fry a $50 board or worse yet injure yourself or someone else with an improperly wired device.

As far as fuses, Start Here

Figured i would measure out the last 2 enclosures i have and get the painting process started in anticipation of getting all the parts to finish em up.

null_zps3fd2cb58.jpg

Finally had some time to solder some stuff up. Had a fight with the epoxy putting the screen cradle in that i lost. So i need to sand and repaint/finish the enclosure. Not impressed with that, however it was my fault for slopping **** around. Oh well be careful with epoxy on satin finishes. Lesson learned. Two day setback due to repainting.

null_zps9cd2d493.jpg

Taifun GT clone from slow tech. Works flawlessly, can work on coil w/ a full tank of juice. Big Blu is a dirt n fingerprint magnet. Trying to mitigate that with darker colors and a satin finish.

All wired up! Functional test before i mount it in the enclosure. Gonna grab some dinner while i wait for the epoxy to set up a little more.

Click for video goodness!!

th_38399DD1-A015-40FD-8F75-1D54EBA86CAE-

Edited by Proetus

I mention i hate the ribbon cable on the dna? Snapped the screen off. Small delay, quite irritated right now so i'm gonna put it down for the night and solder on a new board tomorrow night.

Yeah that would upset me too. I haven't even started my build yet... Lol. I have everything picked out, minus the 510 connector, still trying to find that piece. I'm just not sure how I'm gonna do the cuts on the box since I don't have the skills for that part on something that small.