More Kanger problems -_-

So I liked my protank 3 mini so much I ordered a protank 2 as well (after hearing the single coils have much better flavor).

Get it in the mail today, totally stoked to try it out. Put it together everything is sealed tight, pull out one of the brand new heads, install it, fill, and vape.

I get through about 3 hits and all of the sudden i have liquid in my mouth. WTF? I wipe it all clean, pull the head out and examine it for cracks/tears in the seals - nothing. Thinking maybe I just received a faulty head, I pull out the 2nd brand new head. SAME THING. I think my spinner has trouble firing the 2.5ohm head so I switch back to the 1.8. I can get drags off of this thing but after 3-4 I have liquid coming into my drip tip once again. As well as on my battery connection.

WTF is going on?! Never had such a problem with my mini.

Is it possible that my battery is not firing the coil hot enough and I'm sucking up un-used liquid?

Vince, I would break down the tank and take a look at all of your wet seal areas. I personally haven't used any of the single coil heads so I cannot speak to those. However, check your wet seals then check the heads again. Be sure to look very, very closely as the silicone can hide the smallest little leak. Also I've noticed that sometimes these coils take a little while to "burn in". But the fact that you have liquid on the battery obviously means there is a leak somewhere in the lower end of the tank. Is there a gurgling while you are drawing on this? Also, make sure the tank is at least half full. Many of the protanks and kanger heads tend to gurgle a bit once they get low. Especially while that coil is breaking in.

I took the tank apart again a little while ago and checked all the seals once more. Put it all back together and has been working much better since. Still don't know why the 2.5ohm head had absolutely no airflow though.

Installed very same 2.5ohm head in protank 3 mini rather than the protank 2 and worked flawlessly - very confused.

Edited by mvince201

I took the tank apart again a little while ago and checked all the seals once more. Put it all back together and has been working much better since. Still don't know why the 2.5ohm head had absolutely no airflow though.

That would be that rubber insulator is getting crushed and blocking air flow. loosen it a bit from the battery about a 1/8th turn

Oh yeah, and when I installed the 2.5ohm head (included with the protank) I got little to no air flow and a lot of gurgling. Not sure whats going on here.

It has been suggested the coils that come with the tanks are faulty and don't work well. Why? Who knows. :iiam:

It has been suggested the coils that come with the tanks are faulty and don't work well. Why? Who knows. :iiam:

I kind of assumed this was the issue. This is my third protank, the other two had no issues at all. I tried to install the 2.5ohm coil head back into the protank 2 after checking everything out. Finally got a hit out of it but still very little airflow, not sure why it does not work well in the tank it came with but works flawlessly in my protank mini...weird.

Well Im kind of upset. Still getting liquid in my mouth no matter which head I use. Hopefully new coils will fix this problem. I will be picking some up tomorrow.

Edited by mvince201

I'm really just having trouble understanding why the very same coil that will not work at all in my protank 2, works flawlessly in my protank 3 mini. I really doubt I will be purchasing any more kanger products. In fact, anyone want to buy a protank 2? LOL

Are you useing a dual coil head in the pt2? The kpt3 mini takes dual coil heads, and the kpt2 uses singles I believe.

You are correct. And no I am not. The heads I have tried in the PT2 were the ones that came with it. It included a 2.5ohm head and a 1.8 ohm head. The 1.8 I tried first and ended up getting liquid in my mouth after a few hits. The 2.5 wouldn't do anything, couldn't even get any airflow through it.

I finally got the 1.8ohm head to work in the PT2, not sure what I did just kept taking it apart and putting it back together a little bit looser/tighter each time finally got it to hit decent.

The 2.5ohm head still will not do a damn thing in the PT2 no matter what I do, but works GREAT in the PT3 mini.

No idea why, but thats whats going on.

In fact, the PT3 heads actually won't even fit in the PT2, whereas the PT2 heads WILL fit in the PT3...marketing...

My kpt2 wouldn't draw well on my vw2 then I tried a different beauty ring (one that came w it) and let it sit w juice soaking into new wicks...

cleaned off flood I'd created not being patient w new coil, lightly blew extra juice into tissue and worked like a charm.

My kpt2 wouldn't draw well on my vw2 then I tried a different beauty ring (one that came w it) and let it sit w juice soaking into new wicks...

cleaned off flood I'd created not being patient w new coil, lightly blew extra juice into tissue and worked like a charm.

I've got it working much better now with the 1.8ohm head. But the 2.5ohm head still won't do a thing. Going to just let it sit and continue using my mini until tomorrow when I go to get new heads.

I'd take it with you to the B&M and maybe they can look at it to see what the deal is.

Sorry not familiar with some of the lingo yet, B&M? I assume it means my local vendor, but what does it stand for?

You might have a bad base, I would upgrade that KPT2 with an aerotank base replacement ($6). It will definitely improve your KTP 2 and take care of your leaking issue....

How would the base cause liquid to get into my drip tip?