Kanger Heads

Hey guys, a buddy of mine and I both use different variances of Kanger tanks. Since we are both relatively new to the vape world these are kinda where we have started off. The question I have is about the heads on specifically the Evod 2, Protank 3, and Aerotank. All of these take the same heads. I have noticed that you need to be really careful when putting them in because if you get a small gauge in that bottom "plug" piece, not he o-ring above the heads, but the bottom rubber boot piece. If this gets a small nick or cut in it the heads seem to flood and then are no good. Has anyone else had this issue and if so have you found any way to remedy this? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Vape on!!!

When you look at the bottom of the head there is an upper white rubber/silicone ring and then the underneath that below the threads there is another rubber "plug" with a metal piece that fits inside of it. The piece that seems to continually get damaged is the rubber/silicone boot that separates the two leads from the coils. This is the piece that I have noticed getting a VERY small cut or nick in it and the heads flood and the juice will seep onto the top of the 510 connection on your battery or in the instance of the AeroTank the air regulation part.

I would check for irregularities in your tank causing this I guess. I have 4 KPT 2s and 8 Davides in regular rotation and change my coils about every 4-5 tankfuls and never had that happen, and I have been though a LOT of coils. I change them when the taste starts to fade since they are so cheap but have never had any problems like the one you are experiencing. Hopefully someone else can be more helpful than I.

Thanks for the input! I have had this happen on four separate tanks now. Two Evod 2's, an Aero, and a Protank 3 Mini. Perhaps I just need to be a little more careful. I would post a pic of one of the damaged coils but I haven't figured out how to upload one on here yet. Once I do I will snap a pic of a damaged coil and see if anyone else can shed some light. Thanks again!

Thats a good thought too Fish, I will recommend that to my buddy who is having the same issue. The only problem is that on the AeroTank the airflow controller is what the head screws into and it is protected from the mod. On the Evod2 and KPT3 Mini this could be an issue though. I'll check it out on my buddy's mod. Thanks!!

I am Ryan's friend.

What I see as the problem is not the larger insulator but the small o-ring at the bottom of the unit located nearest the 510 contact area when assembled as a unit.

This small O-ring seems to get snagged by the outer threads of the batter or simply deformed through light handling.

Seems like a week link.

Kevin

Joshua, Kevin was a little confused about the damaged part. The area that seems to be causing the issue is the insulator, the same thing that you sent the link for a replacement for. They get a little tiny puncture or nick in them and then leak. I will try to figure out a way to post a pic of one of the damaged ones once I get home. Thanks again guys!

Yeah I was very wrong. It looked like an O-ring then Ryan showed me its actually an full sized insulator.

Got the picture to upload. Its the seal closest to the foreground in this attached pic.

Now that I know its not just a flimsy ring it makes less sense.

14074695733_31f6bcc2ca_o.jpgimage by Richstag, on Flickr

post-30770-0-02171300-1398726886_thumb.j

Edited by Richstag

Ok, let's reset.... These coil heads will gurgle a lil when the tank gets fairly low at times. Also, if condonsation build up in the center tube/drip tip area over the day/night. By flooding do you meen juice leaking all over the place, or just a slight gurgle when vapeing and maybe a lil bit on the 510 connection for your device? Not pooling in the connection, just damp?

Well it was different for the Evod2. That one just leaked a little all the time. Then when the seal got nicked it would empty the canister quickly. You could sit it off the battery on a table fully 'sealed' and it would empty onto the table. This Protank 3 Mini has been awesome. It didn't leak, gurgle or anything even using it until it was empty. Then today Ryan took it off and to try it on his battery and back on mine it emptied out into the battery.

Sorry for my confusion at the beginning. I haven't ripped one of these apart yet.

I would be curious too. It is proper form to mention vendors on this site?