Kayfun, Taifun, kraken, rsst, promethius..... Ugh!

Crazyavonlady

I know that asking "what's the best, what's the worst" is not going to get me the answer I am looking for. So...I don't care what he best or worst is. What are the pros and cons of different brands/types of RBAs? If you have one, lay it all out. That is our next major purchase, and I want it to be an informed purchase. I will be watching YouTube reviews. We both have a magneto and use sony vct4 or mnke batteries.

I prefer the Genny (genesis) style RBAs. The kayfun-taifuns are whats called underpressure attomizers.

The genesis styles are basically an RDA with the tank underneath. This gives you a larger deck to build on and the added ease of enlarging your airholes. If you've been on high airflow rdas for a while, the kayfun styles will feel like a step back.

That being said, you can enlarge the airflow of the kayfun styles, but not to the extent that you can with the genesis ones.

On the gennys, you usually have 3 holes in the deck bottom. There may be 2 screws in 2 of them. You can run single or dual vertical coils. 1 of the holes with the screw is for adding juice to the tank.

Some use various types of wicking material such as stainless steel cable(rope), wire mesh, silica/ekowool, while others prefer a simple wick of cotton.

Hope this helps CAL

Edited by Joshuab3687

• 2 months later...

she asked for pros and cons...

kayfun lite plus:

pros: RBA! easy to put together, works great, delivers great flavor, has options of being full SS tank, or 2/3rds SS 1/3rd clear tank, or 100% clear tank, lots of clones means plenty of replacement parts around and cheaper! looks sexy :D My particular clone came with all tank options I listed, a screw driver keychain that has both standard and philips, and a fancy jewelry box type case with foam cutouts for the various parts, and an extra set of o-rings for the tank and an extra fill hole screw.

cons: fill hole in the bottom is tiny! (seriously that thing drives me nuts and I had to get a fill bottle because the eye droppers make a mess as they don't fit in the fill hole!)

have to empty the tank to replace a wick or coil. (easiest way to do this if you are having flooding or wicking problems is to take out the fill screw and position it over an empty juice bottle, then place a finger over the air hole and gently blow through your drip tip which will force juice out of the fill hole.)

the drip tip it comes with kinda sucks. but it is a standard 510 so any 510 drip tip should work. I personally use a taifun drip tip in mine.

taifun gt:

pros: RBA! duh! lol

can fix wicking or coil issues without dumping out the tank first. great flavor, awesome drip tip! (seriously it's my favorite drip tip i've come across! fits very snug in other 510 tanks like my KFL+) easy to fill with juice.

cons: needs a "flavor wick" on top of your coil and main wick, or extra wicking material shoved into the ends to prevent flooding due to the large gaps on the sides. uses up more wicking material than a KFL. not as many tank options as a KFL.

I have never used a taifun gt, but I have seen more than enough reviews on them and know people that have them. I do have the taifun drip tip though as I traded an ijust tank for a iclear x.i tank with the owner of vape-o-rama and the iclear x.i tank had the taifun drip tip on it. it has been my favorite drip tip so far. The tip that came on my KFL+ was sloppy fit and whistles when you draw air through it which is annoying. I could drill it out to fix that, but that doesn't cure the sloppy fit. Mine is a clone though so maybe other clones don't have that issue?

Edited by Mr Smith

The juice dropper fits perfectly on my kayfun clone, they may be different on some brands idk? You do have to empty the tank to change the wick or coil but I usually just vape till its all gone anyway so I don't need to dump it out.the drip tip does suck,I'm using the kangertech oem tip, matches up nice with the kayfun! For me this mod works great cuz I work in construction sites & don't have the time to drip.

Edited by LOSTSOUL VAPORZ