Help 30 years of smoking, can't get VTR adjusted right

regal

Ok I got my Davies tank on your recommendations and a 50/50 VG/PG VR4 from vaporite (ranked #3 on the greatest VR4's list.)

Anyway taste is great. But still little to no vapor.

I tried 7, 8, 8.5 watts.

I am using the brand name IMR batteries, and a respected charger.

I guess I am at a point where I may have been screwed on the ITR. I like the design and flexibility (like trips to Colorado), the long last battery and the seemly quality contrustion. I just don't get why vapor doesn't puff when I exhale or inhale.

I ruled out the spinning wheel as the ohms read correctly.

So I guess I am at point I need to ask, can anyone recommendsimilar product of the same form factor that will fit the Davies tank and take IMR 18650 batteries and have a high power adjustment range, last a 510 adapter. Basically a VTR that work?

p.ps. I bought this on ebay months ago and returning isn't an option.

Thanks again for your time.

Regal, either you have a dud. Or your expecting to much. I own and use a VTR daily, always with protanks, all have the aero base upgrade! And usually a 2.5 or a 2.2 ohm coil, mostly 50/50 juices, and I am happy with the outcome. If your trying to achieve clouds like the kiddies blow on you tube, you won't get it unless you use a rebuildable type device with a very low ohm coil, not sub as the VTR won't fire subs.

If your in Colorado stop by and will get you fixed up, or find you a device you enjoy

The ohms on the coil that came with miy Davies are 2.2. I cranked it up to 10W and stopped inhaling like its a bong (I'm over 40 haven't touched a bong in a long while) and I am getting good results!

The vaporite organic VR4 juice tastes so good, it is amazing how much better than the Zen e-juice I was using. And the Davies tank is better than stock.

I am actually reaching for the VTR over cigarettes. I guess I just like a higher voltage than most since I have fast lungs. But I think thanks to everyones help I am going to be happy with my VTR.

Can't thank everyone enough. I guess I need to stock up on this VR4 before they start taxing it :)

Thanks again all and I hope I didn't where out my welcome with all my questions but it definitely paid off.

Edited by regal

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a set of K-Ranger 2 coils replacement coils (vaporite) for the Davide tank, The make a strong pull much better for me, no resistance to the airflow and the vapor keeps up. Highly recommended.

The way thinks are looking I'm going to need more than a few tanks so I can switch flavors/ejuice.

I think I may have screwed up I wanted some lower ohm coils for the tank that came with the VTR I ordered iClear B coils, will these work?

Also when switching e liquid what's the best way to clean the tank/coil head is water /drying OK?

I think I may have screwed up I wanted some lower ohm coils for the tank that came with the VTR I ordered iClear B coils,  will these work?

Also when switching e liquid what's the best way to clean the tank/coil head is water /drying OK?

No 30b coils will not work in a 30s tank and best way I found to clean coils is vodka soak then dry

Finding coils is proving a little difficult most say anyvape/protank. Now when I bought my Anyvap it said dual coil BDC. The protank coil I bought from vaporite work great but I'm not sure they are really the right dual coil I need?

After an hour of research it looks like the Davide Anyvape BDC takes Aspire BDC coils and not the Anyvape/Protank One coils I've been using. Funny thing is I think I like the protank 1 coils better. Confusing.

Its weird my first quality e-juice was vaporite's RY4 & Madascar Vanilla Tobacco. I loved them.

I figured my luck couldn't be that good so I proceeded to order a sample of every RY4 I could find. Well the all taste terrible to me to caremelish/pungent. Almost perfumy, they have all been like this.Tried same tanks, just a huge difference in flavor.

I put in a rush order for more Madagascar vanilla tobacco, but if Vaporite were to shut down I would be screwed. Are they considered one of the Best in the biz or do I just have a preference?

Any ideas on other brands vanilla tobacco would be appreciated.