Help 30 years of smoking, can't get VTR adjusted right

regal

I've been smoking 30 years. Till I was about 25 I could take it or leave it after that it became an addiction. I am down to 1 pack per day. My wife has recently quit (6 weeks). Owe it to her to quit, as I am proud of her and don't want to drag her down.

Now I bought a VTR. I chose this because of the large IMR battery and I have a nice selection of LiIon battery chargers for a flashlight hobby.

Anyway I've talked to folks at work who are using I believe they said mini-pots and they get nice big puffs of smoke/steam.

The problem with this VTR I bought is there is so much adjustment with volts and wattage that I can't for the life of me find a point to get a bellow of smoke/steam.

I am a very fast smoker, I can drag a cigarette in well l under a minute, I pull hard and fast and get back to work.

Any way can anyone give me a starting point and how long you hold the button before taking a toke.

I seem to get either very dry hot steam or bubbles that don't "pull." Just can't find the sweet spot I guess.

The model it itazte VTR, takes 18650 IMR batteries. I have the atomizer it came with.

Any starting point on:

1. Voltage

2 Wattage

3 How long to hold the button before taking a drag

I own and use a VTR daily, it's one of the easiest to use.. But I need

What tank you have it on, and what resistance coil....Then we can set your power levels...

As far as pushing the fire button, I push it a half second before I inhale, and hold it down during the toke.

Try a slow..longer pull...lhard fast pulls don't let the vapor develop..

What Troy said. :)

Also, the tank that came with the VTR never worked for me. In my experience and personal preference, the wicks just don't absorb the juice fast enough not to give me dry hits and it mutes the flavor more than I like. I would suggest at least looking into getting a Kanger Pro Tank 2 or an Anyvape Davide with a 1.5 or 1.8 ohm coil. The two I named are basically the same tank made by different companies. For me, I prefer the Davide as it seems to give me better performance and flavor.

Vaping is somewhat similar to smoking but not quite. You'll need to learn how to take long, slow inhales. When I smoked, like you, I used to suck hard and fast and be done with a cigarette in no time.

You're no longer a smoker.

Try being more conscious of how you're inhaling. It takes some time to get used to but it's more than worth it. :)

The amount of vapor you're getting will also be influenced on the PG/VG ratio of your e-liquid. More VG = more vapor. Keep in mind that more VG also means thicker juice so it can have trouble wicking as fast as a thinner juice that you'd get from more PG. I would go with a 50 PG/50 VG or 40 PG/60 VG to start. The 50/50 I use gives me lots of vapor. Also, how much humidity in the air can also determine how much vapor you're getting. More humidity, more vapor.

Good luck, and welcome! :)

I've been smoking 30 years. Till I was about 25 I could take it or leave it after that it became an addiction. I am down to 1 pack per day. My wife has recently quit (6 weeks). Owe it to her to quit, as I am proud of her and don't want to drag her down.

Now I bought a VTR. I chose this because of the large IMR battery and I have a nice selection of LiIon battery chargers for a flashlight hobby.

Anyway I've talked to folks at work who are using I believe they said mini-pots and they get nice big puffs of smoke/steam.

The problem with this VTR I bought is there is so much adjustment with volts and wattage that I can't for the life of me find a point to get a bellow of smoke/steam.

I am a very fast smoker, I can drag a cigarette in well l under a minute, I pull hard and fast and get back to work.

Any way can anyone give me a starting point and how long you hold the button before taking a toke.

I seem to get either very dry hot steam or bubbles that don't "pull." Just can't find the sweet spot I guess.

The model it itazte VTR, takes 18650 IMR batteries. I have the atomizer it came with.

Any starting point on:

1. Voltage

2 Wattage

3 How long to hold the button before taking a drag

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=741365959215862&set=gm.576382149113506&type=1&theater

That's a link to a power chart to use as a starting off point. It helped me a ton when I got my MVP2.0. Hope this will help you too!

Tameiki is right, the tank that came w my vtr is not my favorite either, I'm switching..same issues pretty much.

I personally change my VTR by watts starting @7.0 and Dont mess w the voltage thanks to everyone helping you now, I can grab a quick hit and move on in a hurry but yes I do hit the button sec or two before, and then I get huge Vape, great flavor.

Thanks for all the help. The coil resistance on my tank is 2.2 ohm. I will order the Davide tank. I think my e-juice my be part of the problem. Its Zen blue, chose it just because it was the same brand/color as the cigarette filters I was using. Any suggestions on an e-juice that gives the most steam? I know PG= Polyethyle Glycol? So sounds like I'm looking for a 50/50 PG/VG, not sure what VG is. Also not sure even where to start shopping for the e-juice?

With my current set up (OEM tank + Zen juice) I think I've exhausted trying different voltages/power, its just not a good combo and gives very little steam. Nothing like what my co-workers are getting with their mini-pots.

But it sounds like this VTR has potential so I'll give it a chance with better e-juice and atomizer.

One other thing the solid chrome cylinder that fits where the atomizer goes is just an adapter to use 510 atomizers on top correct? The wheel at under neath the atomizer seems to do nothing, it just spins and spins but never tightens..

The adapter is to use ego threaded attys on the VTR, as it does not have any, and also for 510 tanks that don't fit in the cradle..the spinning 510 connection underneath tells me you have version 1, as ver 2 that wheel is now fixed. Innokin has had a lot of returns on that version. Be very kind to the 510 threads as they will strip easy.

Now set her to watts, turn her up to 8p and vape away!

VG is vegetable glycerine, you find it in so many things you already use and ingest. :)

As for finding a good e-juice vendor, it all depends on you. The matter of taste is so subjective so what tastes great to one person will taste vile to another. Only you can say what tastes good for you. That said, I would recommend starting with a 50/50 blend at first to see how that works for you. If you want more throat hit you get more PG. You want more vapor? Get more VG, but the 50/50 or 40 PG/60 VG should be about all the VG you could want. When I get more VG than that the juice starts tasting like I'm sucking on a glycerine bar -- to me. :)

Go to the E-liquid review area of the forum and read what others like. My personal favorites are (not in any order), Fadora Vapor, Flatline Vapor, EC Blends, Vape Dudes, Five Pawns...everyone has their favorites. :)

One last question. On the other forum I found a long threard about the itaste VTR's wheel located under the tank.

Mine is free spinning, supposedly there is an improved rev 2 where that wheel is fixed. Now I just bought this thing a month ago but now I am concerned about this wheel supposed to have something to do with reading ohms of the coils.

Is there a fix for owners of the free wheeling version like mine or is this my problem with not producing much vapor?

Thanks again

I don't think that would cause issues with vapor production. If it were me though, I'd contact the vendor to see if you have any recourse to get the new version if the dial has been a known "defect" so to speek... I'd want the new one myself. Good luck

From what I gather the freewheeling dial can cause ohmic misreads, luckily mine reads the same as my fluke meter.

Just watched a you-tube video with a Ego Ctwist setup and the amount of vapor from that little thing is at least 100x what I'm getting from my VTR.

Putting it away till the new davies tank comes and a higher vg juice. Hope that does the trick.

Thanks for the help.

I have a bottle of VG and diluted the Zen e-juice as an experiement and it did seem to improve vapor output. Just a crude test till better quality e-juice arrives.

I have yet another issue.

I had bought a sSeego vhit type b atomizer and the vtr keeps giving me the "non" connection. These are high ohm coils , I even tried connecting straight to the VTR without the adapter and no dice, the protection circuit kicks in. I measure good continuity thru all the adapters and coils. Real mystery.?