Wick Review- Bio Wick

If you listened to the audio interview with the local B&M shop yesterday on my blog, you would have wondered how the hell that debate started at the beginning of the interview, well it sort of started with this stuff.

A close friend of mine came by the other day with his hipster beer and told me I should try some of this stuff. He handed me a bunch of it and told me it's amazing.

Wick Review: Bio-Wick Wholesale-Biowick-Cotton.jpg

At first I didn't know what the hell this was, it felt like cotton replicating silica wicking, and I was right because that's exactly what it is.

It's better than silica and ekowool, it's still inferior to organic cotton balls. Don't ask me why, but it wicks like absolute dog **** in a Kayfun.

And here's how you know if the wicking is better or worse, it's very simple. You wick your coil and then you put some drops of e liquid on the wicking, in comparison to organic cotton balls(which soaks up eliquid immediately) the bio-wick will take 3-4 drops and you will see it sit on the wick momentarily before it soaks into the material. That in itself is a perfect explanation of it not wicking as well as simple cotton balls.

It's actually the worst of both worlds, because you have to deal with the fact that it chars just like cotton balls do (which means you have to replace it just as often as organic cotton ball wicking) but it doesn't wick nearly as fast.

So there it is, Short and sweet in less than 300 words.

If you've used Bio wick and have the same or different opinion, please feel free to let me know what you think of it in the comment section below.

Besides the fact cotton balls are super cheap. :)

after my interview with the B&M shop that i posted on my site yesterday, I'm revisiting Ekowool. I'm actually writing a blog piece that i'm contemplating publishing this evening regarding that entirely.

I've been using Cotton balls forever, but the B&M owners may have swayed my opinion.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines