Pass through Question

Hello Yall ! I am so tired of having to wait for my batteries to charge...I have 2 but sometimes 1 will quit before the other one's ready...I looked on you tube and found something called usb passthrough...I want to be able to vape in bed even if my batteries are dead...Can yall recommend one that would work well for me?

I have an Evod Twist battery that can go up to 4.8 and i use an Innokin i clear 30 .

Hugs. Blanche

A USB passthrough is an e-cig that can be plugged into a USB port with a cord so that it's charging yet you can still vape at the same time. This also means you are stuck having to be near whatever you're using the USB cord on -- something like a leash. :)

I started out with passthroughs and they're okay...if you don't mind having to stay in one place all the while you vape. Buying a new battery or two for extra back up would be my personal choice, which is what I ended up doing. :)

If you're looking to get another battery and want it to be a pass thru similare to your twist in size and features, the itaste vv V3 is what I'd recomend. You can get just the battery for about 25 plus shipping (2.95 I think) and use a micro usb charger like what most cell phones come with. Desertvapes is where I got mine.

If you are able I would get extra batteries. Between my wife and I we have about 12 total in regular rotation and 6 chargers. When the pile on the table of dead batteries gets to 6 I plug them in. Small investment in relation to smoking analogs and never a worry of having a dead battery.

We have 2 batteries now to change out regularly, expecting more this week.

On top of that, we each have a regular egos and a vv model as well.

My husband takes my ego, his ego, and his vv to work with his tanks full so he doesn't have to worry about battery life or spilling juice. I have my magneto and ego CTwist at home and for me on the go since I have both of our VCT4 batteries at home.

Having backups, backups for your backups, AND extra batteries is something that I think should be a REQUIREMENT! Haha. Seriously, though, it's a good idea to have backups, extra batteries, and backups for your backups and backups for you batteries.

Yea and I really only use my Vamo at home now, or on long road trips. I am back to using Vision Spinners probably 80%+ of the time. The Vamo is nice and I like the features but I follow the KIS method anymore.

Yea and I really only use my Vamo at home now, or on long road trips. I am back to using Vision Spinners probably 80%+ of the time. The Vamo is nice and I like the features but I follow the KIS method anymore.

I'm with you, B. Despite the various mods I have, I still prefer my Vision Spinners most of the time. That may change once I get the hang of the RDAs, but somehow I just can't imagine it will. :)

I'm with you, B. Despite the various mods I have, I still prefer my Vision Spinners most of the time. That may change once I get the hang of the RDAs, but somehow I just can't imagine it will.  :)

you'll get there tam. It took all of us a little time to get the mech RDA thing to work for us. But once you get the hang of it I don't think. You will ever look back.

Okay yall...I'm an old lady and I don't know this ecig lingo yet...so what is a vamo...and what is KIS ? I am retired so I'm at home all the time and usually in my sewing room, that's why I'd like to have something I can just plug in and use and save my batteries for when I do go someplace. I only have 2 batteries...Evod twist and a regular ego...My hubby of 42 years doesn't smoke at all ...he gripes about every cig related item i buy....so I'm trying not to buy anything else besides juice....But i think he'd like the idea of my being able to just plug in and not have to buy any more batteries....so i do want to buy a passthrough thing...so I'm going to go look for one....I'm going to go look for one I can plug into a wall or the usb on my computer....does the itaste vv V3 do that??

Hugs, Blanche

Regardless of whether you buy a pass through or a regular battery -- you'll have to replace it at some point, Blanche. Just like other rechargeable batteries like the ones for...say, a flash light. They will only recharge so many times before they won't take a charge anymore. My eGo-C pass throughs have lasted a little more than a year or so. They will eventually need to be replaced.

A Vamo is a mod or what's more commonly known as an APV (Advanced Personal Vaporizers). This is a more "advanced" form of battery that takes an external battery (sort of like a bigger form of a Duracell type). You can take the battery out and charge it in a separate charger. For now I think this is more advanced than you'll want to go. It's a variable voltage/variable wattage device. Maybe, once you're more experienced, you might want to venture into mods but not right now.

http://www.fasttech.com/product/1491700-vamo-v5-variable-voltage-wattage-mod-apv

KIS = Keep It Simple

or another variation is KISS = Keep It Simple, Stupid. :)

I'm with you, B. Despite the various mods I have, I still prefer my Vision Spinners most of the time. That may change once I get the hang of the RDAs, but somehow I just can't imagine it will. :)

Like Joe said! I use my mechs about 70% of the time now. They're almost an extension of my hand at this point! Lol