100%VG - What's the benefit?

I am still too new to really understand eJuices. I'd love a link to a tutorial if anyone has one. But I was reading somewhere that some people prefer 100% VG. Why would they do that and what is the benefit or circumstance? Thanks from the Seattle Noob.

I prefer more VG than PG but still like some PG in there. 65-70%vg is my sweet spot. I no longer want really any throat hit under normal circumstances and just like the way it tastes better.

My High Five from Good Life Vapors is still steeping but when I bought it the guy who sold it to me said that I should remove 1 of the flavor wicks in my KPT coil because it is 100% VG usually sold to people who vaped with mods and rebuildable tanks. He said I would have problems with dry hits if I didn't. I don't plan on doing it though unless I have to. I brought it up in the forum when I first bought it and the elders said they did not think it was going to be necessary. I hope not. He showed me how to do it and those flavor wicks are tiny and it takes a steady hand to remove them with tweezers.

My High Five from Good Life Vapors is still steeping but when I bought it the guy who sold it to me said that I should remove 1 of the flavor wicks in my KPT coil because it is 100% VG usually sold to people who vaped with mods and rebuildable tanks. He said I would have problems with dry hits if I didn't. I don't plan on doing it though unless I have to. I brought it up in the forum when I first bought it and the elders said they did not think it was going to be necessary. I hope not. He showed me how to do it and those flavor wicks are tiny and it takes a steady hand to remove them with tweezers.

It's really easy I do it with my fingers and you will have to with 100% VG.

• 2 weeks later...

Hum, should it not work because its too thick? I mainly vape on PT 2 and 3's too. I have a few iClears.

some people have mixed experiences with 100vg juice and protanks

my friends around me that vape that use protanks with 100vg juice are vaping fine

but I have read many instances where that is the complete opposite from others where 100vg will simply not work. I guess it all depends on the juice. and maybe the ohm and voltage setting can have an effect on the results as well.

As far as OP is concerned... The benefit of high VG is, as you can tell, subjective! If you're using Rebuildable Dripping Atomizers (RDAs), then high VG juices are preferable for exhaling large amounts of vapor! If flavor is where you're headed, then go with a higher PG ratio.

The PG carries the flavor and throat hit, whereas the VG carries the vapor and sweetness.

If you are using standard Kanger coils (i.e. stock,not rebuilt), they don't like to wick high VG juices as fast as 50/50 or higher PG, you may wind up with dry hits. I hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to taste the juice u got to go with at least 50/50 vg/pg

Now if u want to blow clouds then go 100%vg but that's not vaping its called PLAYING

Actually, thats a misconception. I thought the same way. Fadoravapor makes some killer juice in just about any ratio you cam imagine and what I'm vaping on right now is a 10pg/90vg that is phenominal flavor and giant clouds! Its the best of both worlds!

If you want to taste the juice u got to go with at least 50/50 vg/pg

Now if u want to blow clouds then go 100%vg but that's not vaping its called PLAYING

I pretty much exclusively vape Fuzion flavors that have no PG added. They stop short of calling it 100% VG but it is a 100% VG base with flavors that contain some PG. Either way the taste is incredible.

Order a sampler of Unicorn Blood and you will retract this statement lol. I cannot even stand 50-50 anymore, and I use a tank. The flavorings thin it out plenty to wick fine in my KPT 2s and Davide Minis. I have a 70pg-30vg Spearmint I keep for occasions I do not want much vapor and need to be satisfied by a draw or two (Airplanes, restaurant bathrooms, airports, social functions in indoors environments etc...) but I can only take it for a little while.

20 days from 1 year smoke free, and I do not want any throat hit anymore lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I never had a problem with my 40/60 pg / vg juices any higher I get dry hits

I just don't like VG and the thick chest feeling I get. Much prefer the lighter, crisper hit of PG.

The PG carries the flavor and throat hit, whereas the VG carries the vapor and sweetness.

Does no one see the contradiction. First two posts are saying the opposite of the last. Which is it?

Does no one see the contradiction.  First two posts are saying the opposite of the last.  Which is it?

Thing is juice is a personal thing everyone is different as to how they choose to vape