Itaste 134 Working Erratically

I purchased my Itaste 134 from a vendor in China through ebay about 3 weeks ago. I recieved it last week. I know its an origional innokin product because I ran the authentication code through innokin's website and it cleared. So I popped in my imr 18650 battery and started vaping just fine... no problemes what so ever. It was working fantastic.

Then just yesterday It started putting out inconsistent hits. It would hit weak on a few tries, then it would go back to full force.

Im depressing the fire button firmly so I know its not that issue. The unit is also getting hot to the touch (around the VW ring) sometimes just from holding the fire button down for as little as 4 seconds.

I know its not a shorted out coil head either. I have 2 kanger protank II's a kanger evod and 2 iclear 30's and the units is acting the same with all of them.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here!?

I know its not a problem with my tanks.

Its been firing perfectly now for the past hour. I have no idea what has possessed this thing!

Generally when I see a drop in vapor production coupled with the battery-tank connection getting warmer than usual it is a result of the inherent condensation that develops in the shaft and runs down the shaft through the coil and onto the battery. It sounds like you have checked that, so I am out of ideas. Have never had any of my units act that way that I havent been able to fix by either blowing the liquid out of the coil and drying the battery connection or just replacing the coil.

Generally when I see a drop in vapor production coupled with the battery-tank connection getting warmer than usual it is a result of the inherent condensation that develops in the shaft and runs down the shaft through the coil and onto the battery. It sounds like you have checked that, so I am out of ideas. Have never had any of my units act that way that I havent been able to fix by either blowing the liquid out of the coil and drying the battery connection or just replacing the coil.

I regularly dry out my tank/battery connection on the unit with a Q-tip. I havent noticed any excessive liquid on it anytime recently.

I was having a similar issue with one of my mods and ended being a connection issue. The battery was not always getting good contact. Went to the hardware store found some SS screws that fit. I changed out the contacts on the Mod and solved the issue.

I was having a similar issue with one of my mods and ended being a connection issue. The battery was not always getting good contact. Went to the hardware store found some SS screws that fit. I changed out the contacts on the Mod and solved the issue.

Im using an IMR 18650 high drain unprotected "Flat Top" battery which I read was the suggested type for the 134 but ive read on other threads that some people are using button top 18650s. Still.... It doesnt make sense, it worked flawlessly for the first straight week with a flat top 18650.

I hear what your saying and mine was the same way. It worked for a bout 4 days then it started acting up. I also have a Vamo that I have to use button tops in. It started separating at one of the seams and had started loosing connection.

I have noticed when I hold down the fire button then twist the VW ring at the same time it will kick it into firing.

Either way its still some type of malfunction.

WEIRD! I noticed when I hold down the fire button and it doesnt fire, If I give it a hard shake with the button still depressed it will fire up immediately. WTF!? The body of the unit is getting very hot at times (Not the tank/battery connection area). When this happend the last time I pulled out the battery immediately and it was cool to the touch so I know the battery isn't overheating, its the circuitry.

Its totally fried.... The indicator light on the fire button is blinking randomly (red, green, yellow) in no particular order, even when im not touching the button.

This totally sucks because I ordered the thing from China and now, even if they will exchange it, I have to pay to get it shipped all the way over there and probably wont get the replacement for at least 3 weeks...

Damn...and I was under the impression that innokin made some quality products.

Damn...and I was under the impression that innokin made some quality products.

From my experience, they do. When you buy anything from ebay you don't know what you're getting. You also don't know if this mod was dropped, how abused it was prior to you getting it, etc. Next time I'd suggest you buy from a reputable US vendor where you have more recourse. Just my two cents.

Best of luck to you getting things sorted out! I hope it's not your only PV. I'm depending on my Itaste vv v3 to get me off analogs right now and would be screwed if it failed like that.

Luckily I have an innokin cool fire 2 VW that Im using as a backup for now.

Doesn't come close to as fine as the 134 would hit (when it was working) but oh well, gotta make good with what you got I guess.

Wow! no one is going to believe this...

So I decided screw it! At worse its a loss so why not disassemble it just to see if I cant find what went wrong.

After tediously removing the 8 thin stainless steel rods from the top half of the 134 I was able to access the firing button and its circuit board. Then, below that, there were 3 5mm nuts holding a retention plate for the Variable Wattage ring... Got those off and I noticed something peculiar when I got a view at under the wattage ring.

There are 5 very small ball bearings that the Variable Wattage ring sits on and one of the bearings had been somehow thrown out of its well, I suspected this could possibly have been the reason I was feeling an extremely hot sensation on the VW ring since this misplaced ball bearing was grounding out the battery and causing the wacky light show.

Got all the ball bearings back into place (took like 4 tries) tightened everything back down and

BAM!

This sucker is firing like Rambo again!!! EVERY TIME!

I got my babyback, babyback, babyback!!! So happy!!!!

Thanks for all the helpful input but sometimes I guess you gotta just get your hands dirty if you want to get something done!!!

Wow! no one is going to believe this...

So I decided screw it! At worse its a loss so why not disassemble it......

Thanks for all the helpful input but sometimes I guess you gotta just get your hands dirty if you want to get something done!!!

You're a rock star! Awesome you figured it out. Bravo!

Just an update... The 134 is still hitting like a champ.

I can officially call it fixed.

Wonder if anyone else has ever had this issue before.