Aspire nautilus

So I got this tank in the mail a few days ago and I hate to say it but I'm disappointed. I have read so many great things about it that I feel like I must have either gotten a bad coil or its me.

I gotta suck on this tank like a vacuum to keep the wick wet enough to produce nice vapor without giving me a dry hit. The small hole is IMO too small to Vape on but I use it to prime the wick by sucking hard on that hole and then switching to one of the larger ones to Vape on.

I found if I drip a few drops of juice down the chimney it Vapes awesome, nice clouds, I don't have to suck like a fiend and I have a much more pleasant experience.

I wrote to Aspire to see what they think. Maybe the holes in my coil assembly are too small or something. Maybe quality control is dropping as they are trying to keep up with production. Maybe its me.

Thoughts?

So I got this tank in the mail a few days ago and I hate to say it but I'm disappointed. I have read so many great things about it that I feel like I must have either gotten a bad coil or its me.

I gotta suck on this tank like a vacuum to keep the wick wet enough to produce nice vapor without giving me a dry hit. The small hole is IMO too small to Vape on but I use it to prime the wick by sucking hard on that hole and then switching to one of the larger ones to Vape on.

I found if I drip a few drops of juice down the chimney it Vapes awesome, nice clouds, I don't have to suck like a fiend and I have a much more pleasant experience.

I wrote to Aspire to see what they think. Maybe the holes in my coil assembly are too small or something. Maybe quality control is dropping as they are trying to keep up with production. Maybe its me.

Thoughts?

It could be the coil. Have you tried a different one yet?

It could be the coil. Have you tried a different one yet?

I did but no luck.

I am having some luck with the tank loosened up. Ive been tightening the glass down till it stops. Not torquing it but snugging it down. I tried loosening it up 2 turnes and I got some bubbles float up and much better function. Still doesn't seem right though.

I've been using mine since they came out. I bought some replacement coils and every one of them seemed to work ok but not as good as factory ones it came with. After a few days of use it started to gurgle and leak out of air hole. Still trying to figure out the build on these. Did one but it stunk.

Try a different mod, my Vamo hates 1 certain PT base I own out of 3. It's draw is way too tight no matter how much I can't see any differences in it and used every trick to modify it to correct it. Btw it works perfect on my other mods.

Anybody having any flooding gurgle issues? I'm hearing about em...mine maybe just barely, kinda draws like a dripping 357...

yes, open your air holes to a larger setting and it goes away. It usually happens when the tank is filled to its max (5 ml). I fill mine to about 4 ml and dont have the issues.

I would get one but the cost of the coils are IMO are too expensive. I would like to get my hands on a few of the coils and see if they can be rebuilt though. If I know I can rebuild the attys I probably would pick one up.

I would get one but the cost of the coils are IMO are too expensive. I would like to get my hands on a few of the coils and see if they can be rebuilt though. If I know I can rebuild the attys I probably would pick one up.

They can be rebuilt. Fairly easy from what I see. Most videos I've seen use a single coil around 1.5 to 1.8 ohm. They use cotton for wicking material. Unlike in a rda they make the cotton very tight in the coil.

I tried to do it once. Got everything set up and I just didn't like the taste of it with cotton. I've just bought replacement coils. You are right very expensive. Over 3$ per

Vamo V5. Been playing with wattages and voltages. It seems to be improving a little bit but I have to keep messing with the tightness of the tanks lower seal.

If I use it on my Kamry, I have to crank the VV to 5.0 to get decent flavor and cloud out of it...it even is easier to draw upon when its hotter...for me at least.

I do not have that issue on my VTR running @ 8w.

If I use it on my Kamry, I have to crank the VV to 5.0 to get decent flavor and cloud out of it...it even is easier to draw upon when its hotter...for me at least.

I do not have that issue on my VTR running @ 8w.

Well I switched to some thinner liquid and its working better. I was using bobas bounty (100%vg) I switched to some 80/20 , put in a new coil and it seems to working now but it really should be able to handle whatever I throw at it, especially with all the positive reviews it gets. Maybe the hype set me up for disappointment.

When it works its Very good.

They can be rebuilt. Fairly easy from what I see. Most videos I've seen use a single coil around 1.5 to 1.8 ohm. They use cotton for wicking material. Unlike in a rda they make the cotton very tight in the coil.

I tried to do it once. Got everything set up and I just didn't like the taste of it with cotton. I've just bought replacement coils. You are right very expensive. Over 3$ per

Thank for the info Rob I'll look into this :)

I'll throw my oldies your way Comp... And agreed happy when it's spot on, but finding just keeping it filled more than 2 mil and turning it up when it floods takes care of most of its shortcomings. And we're getting 4.99 per in the shop...I'm sticking with Kanger and aero replacements for now..

I just saw the shot outs for me on Page 2 LOL sorry guys next time throw a PM my way :) I've been really busy and a PM will grab my attention. I quite often leave VT open in the back ground so it may seem as if I'm online but may be away from the computer.

Thanks for the extras Troy they will come in handy. I will be sending you some of the rebuilds for testing. :)