Military Veterans Vapers

I was gonna be a " Life-er " but they closed out my MOS for promo and re-up two days before I was to sign my re-up papers. I was in the Boost program and was supposed to be re-uped so I could go to Warrant Officer school then OCS. I CLEPed the first 2 years of gen knowledge courses and focused on my engineering bachelors deg. While doing it, I double majored in Psych. 2 degrees in 3 years all paid for by the DoD and the Taxpayers. I give my thanks to the private citizen taxbase! Lol

Because, for all that work, I still only drive a truck.

USMC 1986-1990 MOS: 0351 (dragongunner). Served 1 1/2 years in Subic Bay Philippines (barracks duty-best time of my life), 1 Mediterranean deployment with 2nd Battalion 8th Marines and got out prior to the Gulf War (Cpl).

Note: Great idea for a new post

Edited by dragongunner

ARMY 1998 - Present

MOS: 19D & 79S

19D (1998 - 2008)

79S (2008 - Present)

Are you going back to Cav? Or will you stay 79s?

In the Corps, the position of Career Planner was what we used to call a "B" billet. Recruiting Duty and Drill Instructor was "A" billet. An NCO had to serve in either "A" or "B" billet to advance to Staff NCO.

Not sure what you mean. I was only there for 36 hrs. Got hooked up with a couple VERY nice ladies though. We were supposed to be there for a 4 week stint, but they retasked our float to UNITAS. We booked it to South Americs to assist with DEA and the FAST Marines with drug interdiction.

I got dressed down pretty good for kicking a

boot-a*s lietenant and his grunts off my live fire demo range at CAX in 29 Palms, CA. It wasn't why I did it, but how. I was range-O and they were about to advance forward of our line. Problem was, we had over 120 lbs of BOOM fixin to happen. So, when at first he didn't listen, I grabbed him by his LBV and threw him over my shoulder and brought him to my Comm-O to get on the horn with TOC and see if they could explain to him that a Bangalore Torpedo enima was very going to be quite painful and costly. My Battalion CO thought it was the funniest thing he ever heard, but he still had to make an example out of me to keep up appearances and such.

When I was a lance coolie on a med cruise we all had to perform certain functions while afloat. One of mine was working up in the officers quarters....sweeping/waxing the floors as well taking out the trash from their rooms in the mornings.

Well one morning a Naval equivalent to a Marine Major (sorry forget what it is) was sitting in his room while I went about getting his trash. As I was leaving he said "Hey you! I want you to make my bed!" I was a bit intimidated but replied that we are not responsible for making officers beds. He replied "You see these on my collar...pointing to his rank, and you see yours....pointed to mine, I order you to make my bed. I again said that it was not my responsibility and he went on to really get nasty with me. I turned around and left not really knowing what to do, but just seeing my battalion commander earlier in his room I mustered enough courage and went to his quarters and knocked on his door with an irate naval officer hot on my heels. I was told to enter and introduced myself and promptly apologized for bothering him immediately informed him what had just happened and that the officer standing behind me was the one who ordered me to make his bed.

My battalion commander turned 10 shades of red and purple, thanked me, told me to step aside and went ape **** on this navy officer with me right there. Man oh man I was crapping my pants but was never so proud to be a Marine. I mean he really laid it on for about 3 minutes about how unsat this guy was and that no US Marines NEVER will make anyone's bed other than their own. After the episode was over my battalion commander again thanked me and said if this guy tries to retaliate in any way to me or the other Marines working with me to feel welcome to come to him again.

Edited by dragongunner

Salute to you all. I was at USAF Academy for 2 years ('92-'94) until my lower left leg helicoptered while training. Received a medical discharge after it was fixed and the damn thing still aches. Tried getting back in a couple years after, filled out paperwork and took PT and passed, but when medical history came up, was denied.