e cig and headaches?

detoxinmomma

hi everyone.ive been a smoker for 15 yrs.i switched to an e cig 1 week ago.havent touched a cigarrette since!!! however,ive had a headache almost daily since.does anyone know if its from the e cig?coild it be from detoxin all the other additives in the cigs??could i be getting more nicotine than im used to and thats causing them?....i smoked menthol lights,almost pack a day..am i just adjusting to the e cig?..i dont feel im overduing the e cig either..any input would be great!thank you :flower:

More than likely it's due to getting off all the chemicals and carcinogens from the cigarettes. You don't mention how many mg of nicotine your juice is, though. If you're getting too much nic, that could also give you a headache. Vaping also tends to dehydrate you, which is another thing that could give you headaches if you haven't increased your water intake. More soda, juices, adult beverages, tea or coffee don't count. You need to drink more water, it also helps to flush out all the toxins in your body. :)

A very loose comparison would be:

24 mg nic = full flavored like Marlboro Reds

12 mg nic = lights

6 mg nic = ultra lights

Now, keep in mind that these are guesstimates and not exact. I used to smoke Marlboro Lights but started with 24 mg juice to get me off the analogs. After a few weeks I went down to 12 mostly. If you're chain vaping you'll want less nic so you don't over do it. :)

Three bottles of water? How many oz. per bottle? If it's those 8 - 10 oz. ones, it's not enough.

Generally headaches are caused from too high of a nicotine strength. I would suggest stepping it down a level and that should resolve those nasty headaches.

As for the detox usually you'll notice quite an improvement in just a few weeks. With that said however it takes 5-7 years for your body to fully recover. :)

hello everyone,just wanna update on my headache situation....theyre gone!!!! the whole detoxin from all the other junk in cigarettes had to be right on..lasted about a week.some were so bad i had no choice but to lay down and close my eyes!!! its been 16 days since i switched to an e cig.i tryed to smoke a cig on day 2 just cuz i had them,and they tasted like absolute dirt! yuck never goin back!!! :animier:

Edited by detoxinmomma