just got into the dripping world and loving it

Hey there! Another fellow OTR driver! Happened to me too this week! Lol. Gonna stick to my kpt2 tanks while driving! Kind of a let down now that I'm into dripping. Still getting decent flavor, but I think dripping is gonna be my "go to" thing when my Peterbilt isn't in motion. Lol

Which Pete you have?. I love them that's what my dad had 379 with a c15 18 append with double over drive.

That must make it difficult in states like Missouri where the speed limit gets up to 70 mph.

Yeah, i'm frequently on I-44 and as long as I stay in the right lane, its not too bad. But heaven forbid I get out in the left lane to pass an RV'er going 50! Lol Edited by Joshuab3687

That must make it difficult in states like Missouri where the speed limit gets up to 70 mph.

And Colorado where our highways can post speeds of up to 75 mph. This would explain why some semis are going so slow... :)

And Colorado where our highways can post speeds of up to 75 mph. This would explain why some semis are going so slow... :)

Yep! If you see a semi going the speed limit or faster, they're most likely an owner/operator. Most of the larger trucking companies have their trucks governed at 68mph and under for insurance and liability reasons.

Yep! If you see a semi going the speed limit or faster, they're most likely an owner/operator. Most of the larger trucking companies have their trucks governed at 68mph and under for insurance and liability reasons.

My sympathies. :)

My sympathies. :)

I thank you for that, but it's not a big deal for me. Lol! I've been with my current company for 7 years now and have have learned to deal with. Besides, I'm a "driver trainer", and have learned that when you're driving or training someone to drive a 65ft long truck and trailer weighing up to 80,000 lbs, it's best to play it safe and go slow.

Basic rule of thumb in trucking, "If they want it bad today, then they'll want it worse tomorrow"! As long as the loads get where the need to be safely, thats all I care about.

Yeah...not my choice. It's a company truck. The worst part...they're governed at 62 mph! Grrrr

I hate being governed at 62 mph. I drive in Missouri, Illinois and Iowa. Speed limit is 65 in most spots sometimes 70. People drive by and look at you like your an idiot for driving so slow.

I actually had this happen to me yesterday... Lol. The wife just looked at me like really!? So she made me open the sunroof, so I'm sure people thought my car had a chimney out the top... Lol

My wife does the same thing. Ha.

I'm just happy I don't have to hear her complain about smoke in her car or it being stinky. It smells like vanilla or strawberries now. LoL

A happy wife equals a happy life.

I hate being governed at 62 mph. I drive in Missouri, Illinois and Iowa. Speed limit is 65 in most spots sometimes 70. People drive by and look at you like your an idiot for driving so slow.

Well, to both of you, but especially Rob, I think, a lot of people on the roads remember the "heyday" of truckers running the roads, using the CBs to avoid speed traps, or warn others of cops sitting in wait for speeders.

I remember a former boss of mine, about 19 years ago now, telling me at one point in time he was a state trooper. He was doing a speed trap on the side of a highway, and convoy of trucks came by, tailed by a chase car. I can't remember how fast he said they were going (I heard this story 19 years ago, after all), but they all automatically pulled over because the "chase" car saw my boss put on his state trooper hat before he pulled out with lights and sirens, and just radio'd the whole convoy to pull their butts over.

But I certainly remember, even with my mom's lead foot, semis flying by us on our trips to Jefferson City when I was a little girl. Was wondering what was different since trucks aren't flying down the interstate anymore, and frankly, we just stay the heck away from them anyway. Too many blind spots, and we got slammed into by a semi truck several years back (on the way to a funeral, no less) because the driver evidently didn't see us, even though we were literally next to the door. But I guess car level in a semi that WOULD be a blind spot.

The majority of those guys back then owned their own trucks. Then de-regulation of the trucking industry happened. A couple years later...there were more and more transportation companies starting up and purchasing their own trucks. About 5-7 years after de-regulation, there were more company trucks hauling frieght across the country. As the years went by, some companies got huge (i.e. J B Hunt). Now, most of us are just slow moving company drivers. :-(