Guys, I'm torn.

So I see everyone is using ProTanks and many swear by them. I have a KPT 3 and IMO it's the biggest piece of **** I own. I have been able to get about 2 toots on it before it gurgles and fills my battery with juice. Clean it, rebuild, snug everything down, refill, 2 toots, gurgle. What am I doing wrong? I've even tried it with a mini protank 2 coil and eVod coils which all fit together and I have researched on the compatibility of said coils. Also have tried a variety of juices, with no luck. I really love my boge carto tanks so right now that's all I'm using and I'm using one mini protank 2. I've never had any issues with my mini or my eVod clearos. Maybe I'm just not meant for a ProTank? Maybe I should revert to a PT 2 and will have more luck as opposed to my 3? Where have I gone wrong!?

I have both the Pro3 and the Pro2 tanks I much prefer the Pro2s. You may be over filling the Pro3. Try filling it only half full It seem to solve the gurgling issues I had with it. Kinda defeats the goal of tank I know, but it seem to help. I think they need to redesign the seals on the stem of the Pro3. I have noticed they redid the coils and added the stem like the Pro2 coils have, this may help it seal better.

There is nothing wrong with just sticking with your Boge carto tank. Every body is different . I think a lot of people buy stuff just because others on the forums are raving about it and not because there was anything wrong with what they were using.

Well, you should be getting gurgling too.

You have to get that airway dry as possible before you load that tank on the battery. First, dry the battery completely. Then, blow thru the mouth piece hard a couple of times then dabbing the end of the tank with tissue . Verify it's not gurgling or repeat as necessary. Then quickly mount the tank and draw heavily while you fire it with plenty of air flow. It should star making serious vapor.

If it starts giggling again right away check your seals at the mouthpiece. Make sure the silicone gasket seals at the mouthpiece and the coil is firmly screwed in to the base.

If that doesn't take care of it, it could just be a bad coil. They do happen every now and again in which case you chuck it or rebuild it. You could try adding another flavor wick.

Hope that helps.

Wizard I did tighten the ever living **** out of it. When you say over tighten did you skip threads or..?

You could have squished the base o ring. Or, in the alternative, if you rinsed/washed the tank, you could have lost the base o ring.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, I just got the PT3 to work! I pulled the pin down and filled it up and presto it's working like new. Well better than new considering it has never worked.

I'm glad you got it working, its unfortunate that they are so finicky, but I like how they work when you get them to hook up.

I put in a 50/50 mix of vanilla coke and it's tooting away like a locomotive. Happy camper I am!

Just a thought, and I doubt it has anything to do with the newest round of gurgling (could you have gotten juice in the center tube?), but some colas can be tank crackers. Is the PT3 glass or plastic?