Innokin itaste 134 mod?

Ok, I'm new to this forum but I've learned a decent amount from reading others post. I just got an innokin itaste 134 ( beastly bulky blahblah I know ;) ) my questions are.. 1- are there any good aftermarket add ons for it to make it better etc.. 2- what is the best 510 threaded tank for it? I believe that's also called the Cartomizer/atomizer? I'm a noob yes hence the name tag!! :) any info about the itaste 134 will be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you!!

Okay, first things first.

Whatever 510 tank you were already using is fine. As you are new to vaping, I would recommend a Kanger Pro Tank 2 before heading into cartomizer territory, although some people like the Pro Tanks better than cartomizers, or DEFINITELY before heading into a rebuildable territory.

I don't know a lot about the 134 other than it's variable wattage with no voltage option on there, which is rare. But it's from a company that has a VERY good track record (I currently have an MVP and I have a VTR that's due to ship today). Just make sure you have good batteries (NEVER buy batteries off of EBay), a good charger, and you vape safely.

As you are new to vaping, I would recommend a Kanger Pro Tank 2 before heading into cartomizer territory, although some people like the Pro Tanks better than cartomizers, or DEFINITELY before heading into a rebuildable territory.

Why would you recommend a KPT2 before heading into cartomizer territory?

She probably read it on ECF :lol:

Bite me, Jeff, I haven't read ECF other than for a few things where I needed LOTS of info since I started here. Tam, it's easier to deal with, IMO. Easy to fill, etc. Some people have found, including some that work at some of the local B&M's, carto/tanks not to their liking - one punch too dry, two punches two wet, whatever. Get to know what you like first, then expand. Frankly, I would LOVE to try cartos, even though I have probably $100 invested in KPT2s right now, but my issue would be finding ones that I can fill and change out the carto part when I'm having trouble with my hands (was gonna make a thread on that this week, actually).

Bite me, Jeff, I haven't read ECF other than for a few things where I needed LOTS of info since I started here. Tam, it's easier to deal with, IMO. Easy to fill, etc. Some people have found, including some that work at some of the local B&M's, carto/tanks not to their liking - one punch too dry, two punches two wet, whatever. Get to know what you like first, then expand. Frankly, I would LOVE to try cartos, even though I have probably $100 invested in KPT2s right now, but my issue would be finding ones that I can fill and change out the carto part when I'm having trouble with my hands (was gonna make a thread on that this week, actually).

You mentioned cartomizers, not carto/tanks. You did know that you can use a cartomizer by itself without punching any holes in it? You can buy them specifically for this purpose. The ones you use in the tank are slightly different with a lip on the connection end to keep it flush to the bottom of the tank. It's used like an atomizer except it has filler inside so you can put lots of juice in to soak the filler material and vape. You don't need a tank with these but they're a pain because it's too easy to get a burnt hit due to the filler not letting the juice down to the coil fast enough if you chain vape. At least that's my experience, and I don't care for these (although many love them), I get a weird taste that I think is coming from the filler material and it's inconvenient for me.

You mentioned cartomizers, not carto/tanks. You did know that you can use a cartomizer by itself without punching any holes in it? You can buy them specifically for this purpose. The ones you use in the tank are slightly different with a lip on the connection end to keep it flush to the bottom of the tank. It's used like an atomizer except it has filler inside so you can put lots of juice in to soak the filler material and vape. You don't need a tank with these but they're a pain because it's too easy to get a burnt hit due to the filler not letting the juice down to the coil fast enough if you chain vape. At least that's my experience, and I don't care for these (although many love them), I get a weird taste that I think is coming from the filler material and it's inconvenient for me.

Okay, no I did not. The more I learn, the more I know what I did not know. No wonder the Boge cartos look like they could be used to drip. I, evidently wrongly, assumed he was using atomizer as synonymous with tank, as some do.

Okay, no I did not. The more I learn, the more I know what I did not know. No wonder the Boge cartos look like they could be used to drip. I, evidently wrongly, assumed he was using atomizer as synonymous with tank, as some do.

You can use the Boge cartomizers to direct drip but you have to take out the filler material first. Then, with the filler material out, it becomes an atomizer. I just have trouble getting the filler material out without screwing up the inside of the thing so the whole thing becomes unusable. It's just easier to buy an atomizer that's made for dripping. :)

You can use the Boge cartomizers to direct drip but you have to take out the filler material first. Then, with the filler material out, it becomes an atomizer. I just have trouble getting the filler material out without screwing up the inside of the thing so the whole thing becomes unusable. It's just easier to buy an atomizer that's made for dripping. :)

Sorry, this just hit me upon re-reading this. How do you screw up the inside of the thing when you take the filler material out?

Sorry, this just hit me upon re-reading this. How do you screw up the inside of the thing when you take the filler material out?

There's a wire that runs up through the filler material that I'm not sure how it attaches to anything. Most of the time when I pull out the filler material I wind up pulling out that wire thingy and the whole cartomizer wouldn't fire afterwards. At least that's what I remember of it, it's been too long since I've had cartomizers that I don't remember the fine details of it. :(

As I recall, the wire, instead of a coil is more like a loop that runs from the bottom of the cart to the top and then back down. The filler is wrapped around it like a cylinder . If you are not careful, when you try to pull the filler you can tear out the wire. The filler is like a pad rolled in to a tube. It has an edge, or slice that you have to line up with the wire to remove. Sorry, I'm struggling to describe it correctly, lol

As I recall, the wire, instead of a coil is more like a loop that runs from the bottom of the cart to the top and then back down. The filler is wrapped around it like a cylinder . If you are not careful, when you try to pull the filler you can tear out the wire. The filler is like a pad rolled in to a tube. It has an edge, or slice that you have to line up with the wire to remove. Sorry, I'm struggling to describe it correctly, lol

Thanks, Bebop. That's a better description than I could muster this morning. :D