Is the HH 357 good in 2014

BigDan

So I am new to Vaping but I am learning quickly. I will be getting an SVD with an RDA in a few weeks and building my collection from there. I've been looking at reviews on the HH357 and everyone says they are amazing, but these reviews are all from 2 years ago.

So my real question is, with all the options in 2014 is the HH357 worth buying or is it obsolete. Price isn't an option so I'm not looking for a more economic choice, more just seeing if it's fallen behind all the clearomizers, RDAs etc.

It's still the cats pajamas, several folks in the forum use them. I'm not sure I recommend you start with them right off without having been a dripper already, but I wouldn't blame you if you did it anyway. Make sure you watch as much how to videos on them as you can so you don't burn up a $25 atty.

That's only one thread on the HH357 that we have here on VT. If you scroll to the top of this page and click on the little magnifying glass next to "Our Store", put in HH357 and several threads will come up.

Like Wizard said above, if you're not already a dripper I wouldn't recommend you start with these. Even for experienced drippers there's still a pretty good learning curve. If you're not familiar, you won't know how to troubleshoot if/when you run into hiccups. $21 - $25 (depending on whether you get the regular or custom built ones), that's pretty expensive to start learning on. I'd suggest getting a regular bridged or bridgeless 510 atty to start. If you decide you like to direct drip, then go for the HH357. I drip exclusively on the custom at 2.0 ohms when I'm not driving. :)

Like Tam said - learning to drip is a learning curve all it's own, and then I believe the .357 custom is a whole other animal, not to mention RDAs as well (from what I understand, the .357 is not user rebuildable). The Boge 510 atomizer (which is essentially disposable - you can't change the coil on it, so you use it until the coil goes bad, however, you CAN clean it), is a good place to start, and what I'm currently using.

I got a HH .357 short barrel about 6 weeks ago. LOVE IT!! I had been using KPT2's (rotating 4 of them). Once I got used to using the .357 I have not touched a Protank. I ended up ordering 2 more HH.357 long barrel's. I got all my vaping friends hooked as well...Avidvapers owes me a referral fee. LOL.

Tam is right, friends don't let friends drip and drive. Red lights are cool though, right? bawhahaha

I got a HH .357 short barrel about 6 weeks ago.  LOVE IT!!  I had been using KPT2's (rotating 4 of them).  Once I got used to using the .357 I have not touched a Protank.  I ended up ordering 2 more HH.357 long barrel's.  I got all my vaping friends hooked as well...Avidvapers owes me a referral fee.  LOL. 

Tam is right, friends don't let friends drip and drive.  Red lights are cool though, right?  bawhahaha

I am preferring the long barrel, the shorts were giving me a bit of fluid in the mouth once in awhile.

I got real used to the short and have been favoring that even though I have both. Lol. It is a warmer vape. I do get some spitting too in the short. Who knows what I'll end up liking best?? I'll i know is the HH.357 is no joke.

I bought a bunch of new vaping gear. Mod, KFL clone and like 4 other RBA's & RDA's. Bunch of wire and cotton to build. It all just sits and I go nuts on the .357's

Go figure.

I got a HH .357 short barrel about 6 weeks ago. LOVE IT!! I had been using KPT2's (rotating 4 of them). Once I got used to using the .357 I have not touched a Protank. I ended up ordering 2 more HH.357 long barrel's. I got all my vaping friends hooked as well...Avidvapers owes me a referral fee. LOL.

Tam is right, friends don't let friends drip and drive. Red lights are cool though, right? bawhahaha

Avid Vaper owes Rixter a referral fee. He's the one who got me hooked on these, and then I got others hooked and... :)

Now, let me get you hooked on something else, it's the Aurora tank. It's perfect for the 357 so you can "drip and drive" without having to drip per se. You just screw it on your battery, screw the 357 on that. When your atomizer needs more juice, you turn it upside down, give the bottle a little squeeze and you're good to vape while driving. :D

I got real used to the short and have been favoring that even though I have both. Lol. It is a warmer vape. I do get some spitting too in the short. Who knows what I'll end up liking best?? I'll i know is the HH.357 is no joke.

I bought a bunch of new vaping gear. Mod, KFL clone and like 4 other RBA's & RDA's. Bunch of wire and cotton to build. It all just sits and I go nuts on the .357's

Go figure.

I, too, prefer the short barrel, but don't like juice spitting into my mouth. That's why I get the extra long drip tips. They work great and no juice comes up. :D

I, too, prefer the short barrel, but don't like juice spitting into my mouth. That's why I get the extra long drip tips. They work great and no juice comes up.  :D

I think I'm a heavier than average hitter. Even with the longer drip tips on the short barrel I still get a drip of liquid in the mouth occasionally.

Avid Vaper owes Rixter a referral fee. He's the one who got me hooked on these, and then I got others hooked and... :) Now, let me get you hooked on something else, it's the Aurora tank. It's perfect for the 357 so you can "drip and drive" without having to drip per se. You just screw it on your battery, screw the 357 on that. When your atomizer needs more juice, you turn it upside down, give the bottle a little squeeze and you're good to vape while driving. :D
I'll look it up for sure. I really don't mind it for the commute (45-60 minute, each way) but it's a metro area so plenty of red lights, and now having 3 x .357's and plenty of mods helps. I love them in my MVP 2, I use the beauty ring as a shield and a protank drip tip. I dig the slim profile. Although the long barrel on my K100 with that drip tip and shield looks pretty BA too. Edited by Sweatervest13

I'll look it up for sure. I really don't mind it for the commute (45-60 minute, each way) but it's a metro area so plenty of red lights, and now having 3 x .357's and plenty of mods helps. I love them in my MVP 2, I use the beauty ring as a shield and a protank drip tip. I dig the slim profile. Although the long barrel on my K100 with that drip tip and shield looks pretty BA too.

When I absolutely must drip and drive I've found myself getting disappointed when I hit the lights green, lol. :D

Okay, so they are, slightly longer, the long barrels?

I noticed on the custom, you can customize for type of juice - VG/PG, VG only, or PG only. So what happens when you normally do a mix, but you end up getting one that's all one or the other due to vendor specs, like Boba's, do you have to get another atty, or can you get by with what you have?

Okay, so they are, slightly longer, the long barrels?

I noticed on the custom, you can customize for type of juice - VG/PG, VG only, or PG only. So what happens when you normally do a mix, but you end up getting one that's all one or the other due to vendor specs, like Boba's, do you have to get another atty, or can you get by with what you have?

No, what they're talking about is what kind of primer do you want them to use in your 357? Have you noticed the primer that comes in your Boge? On those you don't get a choice, on the 357 you do. They can prime the wick and coil with all PG, all VG, or a mixture of both. It has nothing to do with what blend of PG/VG you use in your juice. I prefer to have them use all PG because it's easier to get out than either of the other choices. :)