Coils

tea2085

When in the heck do you change them? I have an Aspire tank and love how it gurgles even for a second after I take my hit- but a read a thread from a woman who c/o the gurgling. I'm new to vaping and have yet to be clear on when to put in a new coil. Paul

Dont confuse "gurgling" , the sounds liquid makes when it gets in to the air path (bad thing) with the "sizzle" or "pop" of the juice vaporizing off the hot coil. (Very cool) :)

Two very different things

As for when to change coils.... usually when you get a burnt type flavor that doesnt go away or you get leaking or excessive gurgling or flavor just goes away or the coil shorts and wont fire anymore

Edited by Bebop12

Gurgling is normally from liquid in the center tube.

Change the coil when vapour diminshes and you start to get burnt tastes and dry hits.

Easy to change, unscrew the base and just twist out the coil, put a new one in, put the base back on and go

I agree, when the vapor quality and quantity diminishes it's time for a new one They do get condensation in the airway and you can blow them out into a paper towel or napkin. You also need to watch out for condensation in the connector on the battery as it will decrease vapor output.

The connector is at the top of the battery where you "connect" the battery to your Aspire. It looks a little like a cup with threads either on the inside, outside or both. Liquid can accumulate inside of that so you need to dab it out with some tissue, paper towel or Q-tip periodically. That will get the gurgle out as well as keeping your battery connection clean. Be careful not to push too hard when doing this so you don't push the center connection pin down. :)

I agree, when the vapor quality and quantity diminishes it's time for a new one They do get condensation in the airway and you can blow them out into a paper towel or napkin. You also need to watch out for condensation in the connector on the battery as it will decrease vapor output.

I am getting excessive amounts with some of my favorite juices, I just figured it out. I thought it was all leak thru but on a brand new coil that is very unlikely, correct? How can I reduce this condensation? Sometimes I have to point my EVOD up to the sky to get a decent hit? Would a different Ohm coil help, using 2.5 now?

FWIW on the vivi style Aspire the 'throat' where your drip tip goes is rather deep. If you choose to use other drip tips try to use one that extends further into the cap. The shorter ones leave a gap where condensation tends to accumulate

This an example of a longer one.

801DelrinDripTip__73835.1293689221.1280.

Here are some shorter ones, quite common with cheaper China mades.

DripTips_2.jpg

I have an Aspire tank and love it. The coils seem to last longer than all my coils for my evod or protanks. I usually have to change protank coils once a week. Been vaping the Aspire and it's still going strong.

Don't change it until you get a burnt taste or it's not firing right. Good luck.

Hey, guys, if I could. For those of you that have experience with the Aspire, how it performs, how it compares to other tanks, there's another thread going here: and I would like your feedback on the Aspire.

What is the procedure for dry burning a coil, can it extend the life of one?

Attached the coil to the battery. Hit button. No liquid involved. Short bursts recommended. Usually done to burn off residual liquid or water.

Will it extend the life? Not really. You could also burn or break the coil while doing this.

What is the procedure for dry burning a coil, can it extend the life of one?

I did a dry burn with my aspire coil. It really didn't help. I just threw it in the trash and put a new coil in. I found that these coils work better if you let them suck up the juice for 5 to 10 minutes before taking a hit.

Youtube the dry burn for some good visuals. You can definitely extend the life of a coil. 2 biggest errors i made in dry burning is too much voltage for too long causing coil failure or not doing the pulse burn enough times to make it effective. The wick must be dry! When the coil glows red evenly and it is no longer producing any vapor and the wick turns white you are good to go. You can only do it a couple times because the wick does deteriorate and eventually loses its ability to wick well.

Hope that helps

I see so many complaints about Kanger coils and descriptions of "tasting burned". It seems like it is 1.8 ohm coils and makes me wonder if it is folks using variable voltage / wattage batteries and hitting them with too much amperage? The low resistance heats up so quickly if the wick is not saturated really well or the button held too long the 'juice' is gone in no time - or so it would seem.

Admittedly I am only a two month vaper - and using the Kanger T3S, ProTank2 and Mini Protank2. The ProTanks are 'juice gobblers" and I have never had a dry hit which is fine by me. Great flavor and the vapor is good as well. The T3S - not as much of a "juice gobbler" on thicker juices as the Protanks - but it does really well with thinner juices and I have never had a dry issue with them either. Seepage is about equal and I have never pulled a "flavor wick" as suggested in some of the YouTube videos.

I am either very lucky OR I don't know what a "dry burn taste: really tastes like. Perhaps so! Now watch. My next draw will be nasty and I'll be back crying.

Dave

Edited by Arterial Puncture