Mech mods

spydre

What are the differences between the various mech mods, or rather clones of them. I mean, I know a lot of you have multiple kinds of mods, so are they for multiple kinds of things? Also, would kicking the mod negate those difference?

With the bonus, I have the green light to expand my collection by one, so I was thinking in two directions, either kicked mech mod, or an APV, but I'm not sure yet. I've never seen ANYTHING in descriptions that says what makes a mod different from another mod.

I think the main differences,other than appearance,are the type of activators

and the type of materials.Activators can be bottom button,mechanical side

switch etc...some are spring loaded and move independently to contact the

batt,others are magnetic with no spring and some move the batt itself into contact position.

I think the materials are chosen for 3 reasons:looks,texture and conductivity since some

things are better at letting current flow than others.

If you decide to kick a mod you are completely changing the function of it.

A kick will turn a direct current device,meaning whatever voltage the batt has is roughly

what you get to the atty,into a regulated device.Meaning you set the watts you want and

the right voltage gets delivered to the atty more or less constantly until the batt is too low to work.

Right now there are 2 types of kick that I know of.1 is the two versions from evolv vapor,

they use a ~800mhz type chip to give what feels like a direct current vape,it's very smooth at

boosting the voltage and some of us think it's the better vape.

The 2nd type from segeli and smoktech use the 33.3mhz (rattlesnake) chip and give you the same

type of vape as the Vamo,SID,Lavatube etc...they seem to work great for folks who use the CE

style tanks.

Wow,that got long winded huh?

Anyway I hope it helps a li'l bit :)

Yeah ce4 clearomizer there top coils.

And disposable. The CE4s do not have replaceable coils. You use them, and when they don't work anymore (about a couple of weeks if you're lucky), you throw them away.

And disposable. The CE4s do not have replaceable coils. You use them, and when they don't work anymore (about a couple of weeks if you're lucky), you throw them away.

Yeah that's what I first started with. At 8.50 a pop lol.

Yeah that's what I first started with. At 8.50 a pop lol.

Small world. Me too! The first ones were with the short wicks so I had to keep tipping it to wet the wicks. Then, a couple of weeks later the long wicks came out. One week after that the Kanger T2 arrived and I was so hooked. Lol. :D

My starter set came with CE4s. Two of them. And the stupid clerk, I wanted to punch him after I found out that you couldn't CHANGE the flavor on a CE4, he filled BOTH of my clearomizers up with the juice that came free with our purchase. So rather than having a tank with 618 in it, and a tank ready for the next flavor I/we bought, I had two disposable tanks with 618 in them. That's how I ended up buying my first Evod. Bought another flavor, needed another tank. Liked the look of the Evod better than the others, and they told me that the coils were replaceable. That was good enough for me, lol.

From reading your posts and you're general style of vaping, I would not steer you towards a mech mod. A lot of the buttons are finicky, hard to press on the clones. Some require modification to perform well. Yes there some that are well made and have no issues, different argument, different day. They only have a 510 connection, no ego threading. If you are planning on kicking it, you're adding another $45 to your purchase. As well as needing to purchase 18500 batteries as 18650's won't work as they are too big. I use my mech for one thing, my drippers, which are no where near a daily use device for me.

I would suggest finding another VV/VW device that fits your style. You are in no rush to get said device as you have daily driver. Take your time and watch some videos. VTR comes up frequently as a nice device, look around can get em for 90ish.

Just my thoughts from reading your posts, it all comes down to what you want!

As well as needing to purchase 18500 batteries as 18650's won't work as they are too big.

While this may be true for some or most mechs, my Kamry K100 is a telescoping mod and 18650s (3400 mAh) are the only batteries I use in it. They fit just fine. :)

Edited by Tameiki

While this may be true for some or most mechs, my Kamry K100 is a telescoping mod and 18650s (3400 mAh) are the only batteries I use in it. They fit just fine. :)

You left the kick portion out of that statement! If you can cram an 18650 and a kick into your k100 thats fabulous! :thumbup:

she has full size kpt2's so those will fit just find on a mech and i use 18650's in almost every mech i use. I would recommend if you want to get into a mech you need to get something with a magnetic switch. they are easier to press and are a smoother switch with less problems initially. almost anything by EH pro is a great mech, personally i would recommend the Nzonic clone or even a real nzonic since they can be had off of the ECF classifieds for anywhere from 100-140 shipped. thats a great price for an original. I have an origin clone on the way should be here today so ill give you a report on that one but most of my mechs are spring loaded bottom firing switches. I have only recently discovered the joys of a magnetic switch so i will most likely buy the magnets so i can replace the springs in most of my switches. :)

You left the kick portion out of that statement! If you can cram an 18650 and a kick into your k100 thats fabulous! :thumbup:

oh yeah.... i forgot about the kick.... although an Nzonic with the extension tube should fit a kick in it just fine right? i mean i have loads of room on my extension tube with an 18650.

You're right, I forgot about the kick. As well as my K100 works for me without the kick I'm not inclined to get one for it. If it ain't broke... :)

oh yeah.... i forgot about the kick.... although an Nzonic with the extension tube should fit a kick in it just fine right? i mean i have loads of room on my extension tube with an 18650.

I'll be dam, i just put my kick in my nzonic with an 18650. Didn't think it would fit in there. But is that the exception to the rule? I do not have any other mechs to test it out on.

From reading your posts and you're general style of vaping, I would not steer you towards a mech mod. A lot of the buttons are finicky, hard to press on the clones. Some require modification to perform well. Yes there some that are well made and have no issues, different argument, different day. They only have a 510 connection, no ego threading. If you are planning on kicking it, you're adding another $45 to your purchase. As well as needing to purchase 18500 batteries as 18650's won't work as they are too big. I use my mech for one thing, my drippers, which are no where near a daily use device for me.

I would suggest finding another VV/VW device that fits your style. You are in no rush to get said device as you have daily driver. Take your time and watch some videos. VTR comes up frequently as a nice device, look around can get em for 90ish.

Just my thoughts from reading your posts, it all comes down to what you want!

she has full size kpt2's so those will fit just find on a mech and i use 18650's in almost every mech i use. I would recommend if you want to get into a mech you need to get something with a magnetic switch. they are easier to press and are a smoother switch with less problems initially. almost anything by EH pro is a great mech, personally i would recommend the Nzonic clone or even a real nzonic since they can be had off of the ECF classifieds for anywhere from 100-140 shipped. thats a great price for an original. I have an origin clone on the way should be here today so ill give you a report on that one but most of my mechs are spring loaded bottom firing switches. I have only recently discovered the joys of a magnetic switch so i will most likely buy the magnets so i can replace the springs in most of my switches. :)

Remind me to respond to these two statements in the morning, but I've got a nasty headache and bed is calling my name.