Vaping in airports

This is quite the topic. While some airports do not have rules against it, like Denver international, which I am currently at with a delayed flight. I find myself in the smokers lounge (I am not a confrontational person so I avoid it at all costs). It is a bit of an inconvenience and the smell is terrible. But I am trying to look at it positively as a test of my strength in not being tempted and I must say I am not in the least bit temped thanks to the smell :). I hope that at some point it will be more widely accepted and we can vape wherever we please. I will explain more on my youtube channel later on this week.

The last time I was in DIA and went into the smokers' lounge I couldn't get the smell of smoke off myself and could smell it strongly -- even though I was still a smoker at the time. As a vaper I just went into the restroom then into a stall. Blowing out vapor toward the wall and waving it away was much better than the other option. Hope your flight isn't delayed too long. :)

If it were me I would just ask security if I could Vape and show him/her if he/she didn't already know what it was. If they said sure that is not a problem, I would vape away. I even vape in the theater and have yet to have anyone question it. I don't take deep hits and blow out huge clouds mine you just small puffs. Small puffs dissipate really quick where a large inhale exhale can draw a lot of attention.

If it were me I would just ask security if I could Vape and show him/her if he/she didn't already know what it was. If they said sure that is not a problem, I would vape away. I even vape in the theater and have yet to have anyone question it. I don't take deep hits and blow out huge clouds mine you just small puffs. Small puffs dissipate really quick where a large inhale exhale can draw a lot of attention.

DIA only allows vaping in their smoking lounge, they won't let you in the main areas. :(

Some places, it's best not to ask - like chain sit down restaurants. Just do it, and if they mention it, explain that it's a vaporizer, not a cigarette, it just makes you feel like you are smoking. Otherwise they will feel the need (if you ask with the phrase e-cigarette) to say they haven't yet received a policy from corporate - and they'll never receive a policy from corporate unless a customer specifically contacts corporate to inquire, and generally the answer - for chain restaurants - would be no, because it would make other patrons think you were smoking (kind of like the New York City ban, right?). I've just done it, kept my pulls small and therefore smaller vapor exhalations. Oh yeah, and stealthing in the bathrooms, where I can take a bigger hit if I'm alone.

The last time I was in the DIA smoking lounge, I was still smoking. I had a blast hanging out there! I was going on a very long international haul and had tons of time to kill before my flight left. Had a couple beers, chatted with a guy about his Whippet dogs and a WWII veteran. Not sure I could handle the stink anymore though.

I haven't tried vaping in restaurants, but have in a few bars. They are good with it mostly. I was one of those smokers that could go 8-10 hours without a cigarette and still do with vaping. But if it went longer than that, I started to become a bit twitchy.

And anything weird that happens at DIA, just blame the blue demon horse. That thing creeps me out.

Edited by BirdDog

I Vape every where I go, have yet to have an issue. A few people look at me funny but no one has ever said anything. I won't argue with a store owner or manager if they ask me not to. If it is a customer then I would explain what it is and if they still have an issue I would polity ask them to talk to the manager. If they ask me to stop, I will.

• 5 weeks later...

I Vape every where I go, have yet to have an issue. A few people look at me funny but no one has ever said anything. I won't argue with a store owner or manager if they ask me not to. If it is a customer then I would explain what it is and if they still have an issue I would polity ask them to talk to the manager. If they ask me to stop, I will.

I wont stop, I'll just politely take my business elsewhere. Hasn't come up though.