OK PLEASE HELP!

so my dads vape pen is in today and he coughs so vicious off it. i use a 20pg 80vg blend and the throat hit is too strong for him. I feel for me its perfect. How can i help him. DO total vg blend or a vg/water im so lost and he is so excited about it.and im excited because he wont be smoking cigs and maybe i can keep him on this beautiful world of ours longer. so yea im lost plus being a newbie doesnt help either, thats why im reaching out to you. and if your curious, no his pen isnt dry hitting, no burnt tastes, nothing on the juice or pen. yes his is a new one and hasnt broken in the tank but mine is and i let him try mine and same old story so yea any help guys.

I have an idea.

Make sure he takes smaller hits.

Then make sure he does less nicotine.

And make sure he has a quality ejuice with lower nicotine and he takes smaller hits til he gets used to it.

When I first started, I was advised for at least the first week, don't do lung hits. Mouth hits only. The lungs need time to cough crap up, plus water vapor particles are larger than smoke particles, so it takes time for the body to adjust. A body has plenty of mucous membranes in the mouth and nose to absorb the nicotine.

As far as nic level, you base that off what strength your dad smoked and how MUCH he smoked a day. A pack a day of full flavored, he'll need 18 mg.

As an aside, with that much VG, how's the flavor that he's getting?

The only other thing I can think of on the cough is maybe with that much VG, it's so thick, maybe he's havingg to draw harder maybe? Why

well they juices i let him try are mbv and i use a high vg because i like the clouds plus the higher pg gives me to much of a throat kick. btw when you say mouth hit is that push the button dont inhale until you take the tip from your mouth? thanks guys great advice imma be using. yea i was a pack a day thats why mine are 18 going to be moving down in the future hopefully. but he was to so.

well they juices i let him try are mbv and i use a high vg because i like the clouds plus the higher pg gives me to much of a throat kick. btw when you say mouth hit is that push the button dont inhale until you take the tip from your mouth? thanks guys great advice imma be using. yea i was a pack a  day thats why mine are 18 going to be moving down in the future hopefully. but he was to so.

I beleave spydre was saying not to inhail for the 1st week(mouth hit)..

I beleave spydre was saying not to inhail for the 1st week(mouth hit)..

Not sure about this. I have started literally over a dozen people that are now Vaping exclusively and every one of them wanted to suck on the thing like one would a joint (sorry mods, had to use the reference) as opposed to an analog. Once they started taking proper draws the coughing and such subsided.

Take a slow steady draw into your mouth, inhale it then quickly exhale it. I have yet to know anyone that had a problem when doing it this way. Just draw on it the same as you did an analog and you should be fine. Yes there are some withdrawal symptoms from all the lethal chemicals that arent nicotine and you may have some heartburn issues if you do not properly hydrate.

What I was told was ONLY inhale into your mouth the first week - especially if you already have a smoker's cough going. Simply because, like I said, water vapor particles are bigger than smoke particles, the lungs won't adjust to it overnight, and secondly, the first week, you tend to start coughing up crap.

What I was told was ONLY inhale into your mouth the first week - especially if you already have a smoker's cough going. Simply because, like I said, water vapor particles are bigger than smoke particles, the lungs won't adjust to it overnight, and secondly, the first week, you tend to start coughing up crap.

As in don't pull it into your lungs after words? I've never heard of anyone recommending this or doing it.

Not the only place I've found/heard the advice, but didn't feel like looking them up. One place was ECF - which reiterated the size differences between the particles.

Im not questioning you or them really, I am only saying I have never seen that posted by anyone else here and haven't personally known anyone that takes "mouth hits" without inhaling. My wife takes a draw, inhales, takes another, inhales, takes another and inhales....holds it as long as she can and then exhales. I haven't gotten her to understand there is no advantage to doing it that way, but its her way so I leave her alone about it lol. Everyone has their own thing or way to do it, and there is no right or wrong imo. I just personally vaped the same way I smokes. Take a draw into my mouth, inhale, exhale......simple. This is also what I have told everyone I have converted and no one has had problems as long as they do not suck on it like a straw.

Not the only place I've found/heard the advice, but didn't feel like looking them up. One place was ECF - which reiterated the size differences between the particles.

Oh yeah. Like someone on ECF measured the particulates of vapor and smoke. Give me a break and don't regurgitate useless tips that you see on ECF here on this forum.