Direct dripping cartos vs RDA

Grant951

I'm not sure what the proper name for the cartos are. Anyways, why do people use these? You can get the same experience from an RDA and then rebuild it when it's all gunked up or tweak it to your liking. Not trying to sound mean or anything, I just don't see the point? Please enlighten me.

Everyone has their own thing. I find both too time consuming personally. I tried dripping, just cannot see it being "for me". I find filling KPT 2s to be more high maintenance than I would like lol. Not lazy, just have to schedule time to take a bathroom break in my hectic schedule both at work and away.

They're called atomizers. The cartomizers have the filler material inside.

So far, for me, I haven't had the time to get into rebuilding coils even though I now have everything I need to get started and do so safely. I'm extremely happy with my HH.357s, they're exceptional performers without the fuss of having to rebuild a coil. When it gets gunked up I clean it, try again. If it's still not performing up to par I ship it back to the builder and Hanna checks it out for me. For a nominal fee he'll either clean it, rebuild it, or throw it away as not fixable. Convenience is the name of the game here.

With most atomizers you use them, when they cease to function right, you throw them away and get a nice, fresh, new one. No fuss, no spending lots of time with it.

There's also the form factor for me. The rebuildables that I've been looking at are the size around like the Pro Tanks. Those do not fit my Vision Spinner batteries without looking ridiculous. There are the smaller ones, I know, but somehow I doubt my fingers would like dealing with something that small. I really do like my drip shields that I use with my atomizers, too.

There are lots of pros to be said for both, it's just what each person prefers -- much like everything else in vaping. :D

I drip only occasionally. Usually, when I've gotten a sample that I know I may have to steep long term, I'll drip it at first to check it out, and then do a little bit of dripping weekly to check on the progress. My main juice intake isn't ever going to be in dripping.

As far as not doing RDAs, I'm not mechanically inclined. We'll just leave it at that.

I think at some point i'm bound to try an rba, to rebuild a protank coil also. My doubts about my success are about my eyesight, I wear bifocals and still have a hard time seeing small print or objects, I use the camera on my phone just to be able to see what ohms is stamped on the protank coils.

A simple way to drip is to take a standard cartomizer (with the exception of Boge, which had a vertical coil). Remove the cap, carefully remove the cotton wadding, and center tube by gently pulling on it, and you now have a nice drip atty. Typically takes about 6 or 7 drops which gives around 20 puffs. Too much liquid and it will leak from the bottom. Most of the cartomizers have a covering that is easily removed revealing a nice stainless steel tube. Remove the covering, and glue (hassle) and put on a drip tip or the one that came with the cartomizer and you have a nice atty for dripping.

If I accidently burn the cartomizer by running it dry, I do this and convert it for dripping, giving me a double use.