Blowing coils?

spydre

I wouldn't be posting on this, but this has become a trend. ONE of my KPT2s keeps blowing coils every few days. Like three to four,, max. I thought it was just a bum pack, but this is the second coil out of a brand new pack that it's done it with. Nothing stressfull that I'm putting the tank though. First pack was 2.5 ohms, this one is 2.2 ohms, on a regular eGo battery stick. It's been happening ever since the MVP issue with buring juice on anything but the base settings.

Any ideas? I'm running out of coils.

I've been using protank 1's for months and the few coils I've blown were ones that I had cleaned and reused repeatedly. In all but one case they blew during the dry burn after cleaning. It's hard to troubleshoot anything remotely. The problem could even be a bad batch of coils that are coincidentally blowing only on that 1 kpt. It is also possible that that your kpt has fallen victim to demonic possession.

I know, very difficult to diagnose remotely. These are brand new coils, two separate packs, bought at different locations, and even different resistances. Since it started after my MVP problems, I'm wondering if while we were testing it, you know, purposely seeing if this setting or that setting, or bumping it up one click from the base setting would make it taste burned, I almost wonder if we screwed something up with the tank itself, even though, for the most part, the tank is just a shell.

And used coils, I usually half expect them to fail shortly after putting them into a new tank, or after they've been used a couple times. On my evods, unless I know it's a flavor I REALLY, really like and will keep in there for a while, I generally use used coils, and on at least one of my KPT2 tanks.

Of course, you all are probably right. It's time for an exorcist (or a new tank). Hey, the last tank I thought was haunted turned out I had the o-ring in the wrong position. I know that wouldn't be causing this problem, but wouldn't it be nice if it were that easy?

Okay, now this is just pissing me off, and I will probably end up switching my RY4 out of this tank and putting......Turkish Honey in it for now. See if it's the juice that's doing it, or if it's just a haunted freaking, fraking, frelling tank. This coil's been in a day, day and a half, and it feels like it's already going out.

BTW, why do sometimes when coils go out, they get really airy until they stop firing, and sometimes when they go out, they get really tight unless you don't screw them down all the way - until they stop firing? At least, I've had both experiences, with KPT2s and with evods.

Since I'm awaiting my replacement MVP (will arrive today), I've been switching off between eGo batteries. I use both batteries every day. And this is the only tank it happens to. This isn't the first tank I've had that has appeared to be haunted. Once this coil dies completely, I'm switching tanks, just so I know it's either a "haunted tank", that needs replaced, or it's the juice - except this has happened across two bottles of juice (same flavor), and didn't start until right after I had my MVP problem, when I sent the MVP back.

The only place the juice can go is into the center via the coil or the top shaft where it screws together if it is a Davide, I think the KPT is the same design.

The only time I've lost liquid is when I first cleaned it and the top clear rubber seal fell out (what the glass sits against) and it leaked through.

Even if your coil is letting some juice out I'm sure it would gurgle enough to let you know something ain't right.

I am having the same problem. I've tried different boxes of coils, all Kanger, just different boxes. It is definitely the tanks. A few other forum members have mentioned it too. I wish I could figure out a way to fix the problem. Some start pulling so tight I just have to toss them and some just blow. Only on 2 out of the 4 I bought. : (

You can test how tight the coil is by drawing thru it before you install it.

The coil itself sits in the air path after its installed.

If the coil is fine at first but then gets tighter you probably have build up on the coil. When you clean the coil you have to force water thru it. If you wait too long between cleanings you may not be able to clean the build up without taking the coil apart.

If the coil is fine on the test but then is tight after install then something is blocking the airpath and its not the coil.

See, with one of my tanks the night before, I was installing FRESH coils. I'd blow/suck air through them, and still wasn't able to draw off of it, and that was after cleaning the tank a checking for clogs. Got a coil in it that functioned, put it up for a day, and then it was impossibly tight again the next time we tried to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

You can test how tight the coil is by drawing thru it before you install it.

The coil itself sits in the air path after its installed.

If the coil is fine at first but then gets tighter you probably have build up on the coil. When you clean the coil you have to force water thru it. If you wait too long between cleanings you may not be able to clean the build up without taking the coil apart.

If the coil is fine on the test but then is tight after install then something is blocking the airpath and its not the coil.

I'm having trouble with both of these issues!!! I have been going through burnt coil after coil with my Protank, even after just one day. Now I just changed out to a new coil and don't have an ounce of suction, it's like trying to suck up a sock. But oh, I'm lucky enough to get a mouth full of juice! Yuck!! So I changed coils, I loosened it, I tightened it, I put in another new coil, then another. I totally took the tank apart and washed all parts in warm water (which runs through everything just fine in water), I changed the settings, I changed to a new battery...nothing is working!! Please, please help! I don't want to have to smoke any cigs:-(

I'm having trouble with both of these issues!!! I have been going through burnt coil after coil with my Protank, even after just one day. Now I just changed out to a new coil and don't have an ounce of suction, it's like trying to suck up a sock. But oh, I'm lucky enough to get a mouth full of juice! Yuck!! So I changed coils, I loosened it, I tightened it, I put in another new coil, then another. I totally took the tank apart and washed all parts in warm water (which runs through everything just fine in water), I changed the settings, I changed to a new battery...nothing is working!! Please, please help! I don't want to have to smoke any cigs:-(

Do you know how to raise the center post on your battery?

Do you know how to pull the pin out ever so slightly on the bottom of the coil?

Those two things should solve the problem. It's usually caused by routinely tightening the tank down too tight.

Not always, though. Firstly, can you suck/blow through it when it's not connected to a device? Can you suck/blow through it when it's connected to a device but not firing? Try backing it off a little bit first.