Steeping advice

Ok, before I get a lot of "stock" answers, let me explain my dilema.

I'm a truck driver. I only get home on the weekends. My wife said she is NOT gonna steep them for me.

With that said, I can get different trays to stabilize my juices so they won't spill while I'm rolling down the road.

When steeping, is shaking absolutely necessary? Do they steep better in cold conditions? I generally keep the inside of my truck cool and it can get down right COLD in here overnight. Last, do I put the lids back on at night or day?

I've been vaping for about 16 weeks now and I've never had steep anything ? Maybe I should most of you guys and girls over that side of the pond seem to steep everything where as us over this side (UK) never steep anything straight out the bottle and inhale.

The flavours I've tried taste the same 2 weeks after without any steeping or shaking.

Lmao Jeff!!!

Talked to a friend of mine that tried to vape a flave straight outta the mail from ECBlends and said he had to lick the dog's *** to get the taste outta his mouth! Rotflmao! After 2 weeks of letting sit, he tried it again. Liked it so much, he order a 30ml bottle that day.

Deffinitely am gonna get some from Flatline! Have heard nothing but the best about 'em. Thanks Jeff. Still gonna have trouble on my hands though. I ordered some samples from ECBlends before my friend told me about his experience. So, from what I've heard from him and others here on VT, I'm gonna have to let my ECBlends steep. Was just wondering if anyone else who steeps could give some advise.

Depending on the flavor some EC Blends juices are great right out of the mailbox while others do need to steep awhile.

You can let it steep with the cap on or off. Or you could speed steep by putting the bottles into a ziplock baggie (this is just to keep the label from getting soggy and the writing illegible), get as much air out as possible, immerse in a bowl of hot water (not boiling) and let sit until the water cools. Repeat a couple of times shaking the bottles between water changes. This seems to steep the juices much faster.

Vape Dudes' juices have never needed steeping for me.

You can't go wrong with Medic's Flatline. He'll customize your juice six ways from Sunday and it's always good. :)

Oh lord I'm in the same likeness as vape dudes and alien visions?! Well I'm honored. :) and yes I'll customize it however you want unless it's a sampler pack then it's one ratio and nic level per pack. :)

And I ultrasonically steep my juice before I send it out to you so it should be great right outta the mail box. If it's not.... Well then I have done my job. I hate waiting for juice to "steep". If it doesn't taste good out of the package I do t even want it.

Since you are time limited, I would definitely recommend speed steeping. Yes, a lot of EC Blends flavors need to steep. And even my go to B&M, Better Vapes, has SOME ingredients that need to steep a few days or a week, but I've only found that on ONE of their juices that I get from them.

Wish I could spring for an ultrasonic steeper. That would make it easier to deal with steeping when I order this tobacco blend from EC again. Truthfully, don't know if it's going to replace my Sweet Tobacco or my Turkish Honey - depends on supplies, I guess.

But speaking of steeping, how long should you leave the cap off to let it breathe? Hubby's concerned because I still have bottles with no caps on them.

And Medic, if I were to LOOK for an ultrasonic steeper (isn't that an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner?) what would I look for - as in do a search for?

EDIT: I'm assuming something like this? http://www.amazon.com/Magnasonic-Professional-Ultrasonic-Eyeglass-Cleaning/dp/B001DKDAVW

Edited by spydre

Steeping actually has some base in logic and chemistry. The term steeping in my opinion is a little misleading, infusing would be a better description. There are some major players that would agree the flavors infuse into the liquids after sitting for a few days. There are many things that get better with a little aging. When you combine heat with vibration to stir up the molecules it does mix the flavoring into the very viscous VG and PG more evenly. This is why Ultrasonic steeping works so well and takes less time.

Steeping actually has some base in logic and chemistry. The term steeping in my opinion is a little misleading, infusing would be a better description. There are some major players that would agree the flavors infuse into the liquids after sitting for a few days. There are many things that get better with a little aging. When you combine heat with vibration to stir up the molecules it does mix the flavoring into the very viscous VG and PG more evenly. This is why Ultrasonic steeping works so well and takes less time.

Would that basically be emulsification? (yes, I remember high school science class).

No not really, emulsification has more to do with liquids that don't mix well together like Oil and Vinegar. This would be true with oil base flavors though.VG and PG are both water soluble as are most flavorings made from PG or VG with no oil.

in•fu•sion (ɪnˈfyu ʒən)

n.

1. the act or process of infusing.
2. something that is infused.
3. a liquid extract, as tea, prepared by steeping or soaking.
a. the introduction of a saline or other solution into a vein.
b. the solution used.
Infusion is the process of extracting chemical compounds or flavors from plant material in a solvent such as water, oil or alcohol, by allowing the material to remain suspended in the solvent over time (a process often called steeping). An infusion is also the name for the resultant liquid. The process of infusion is distinct from decoction, which involves boiling the plant material, or percolation, in which the water passes through the material (as in a coffeemaker).
Edited by Compenstine

Well, I got about 13 different flavors in from ECBlends. I have to hit the road this morning, heading down to Shreveport to deliver in the morning. So, they'll have to steep with the heat coming outta my defroster and get the shaking from the vibration of my Peterbilt 379. I hope by the time Christmas gets here I can have a little taste of 'em.

If not... Well, they'll steep some more. But, I will be putting in for a large order from Flatline after the new year!

Depending on the flavor some EC Blends juices are great right out of the mailbox while others do need to steep awhile.

You can let it steep with the cap on or off. Or you could speed steep by putting the bottles into a ziplock baggie (this is just to keep the label from getting soggy and the writing illegible), get as much air out as possible, immerse in a bowl of hot water (not boiling) and let sit until the water cools. Repeat a couple of times shaking the bottles between water changes. This seems to steep the juices much faster.

Vape Dudes' juices have never needed steeping for me.

You can't go wrong with Medic's Flatline. He'll customize your juice six ways from Sunday and it's always good. :)

Well, I got about 13 different flavors in from ECBlends. I have to hit the road this morning, heading down to Shreveport to deliver in the morning. So, they'll have to steep with the heat coming outta my defroster and get the shaking from the vibration of my Peterbilt 379. I hope by the time Christmas gets here I can have a little taste of 'em.

If not... Well, they'll steep some more. But, I will be putting in for a large order from Flatline after the new year!

Well, hopefully I'm not too late with this advice, and you can do it before you leave, but I would try the speed steeping method mentioned by Tam in the post I quoted above yours. Otherwise you'll be waiting quite a while, even with, I think, the heat of your truck.

So, the water needs to only be as hot as I can get out of the faucet?

That's what I've successfully used in the past. You'll want to replace the water when it gets luke warm several times shaking the bottles between refills. :)

• 2 weeks later...

You might be surprised to find what you like. There are flavors I thought I'd love but don't and others that I would've never thought of that really hit the spot. That's the beauty of the 5 ml bottles for me, it gives me a chance to step out of the comfort zone of flavors to try new things without breaking the bank for it. :)

I'l def shelve the ecblend ones for a while. I have a few more from elsewhere I can vape on for a few weeks. Btw, Zombie Blood from Goodlifevapor is awesome! Just got back from a local B&M with it. Vapes great! Bought about $120 worth of stuff. I'll post on the what i've bought thread.

Well... My steeping on the road leaves little to be desired. It could be that I completely suck at choosing my "own creation" from ecblends! Lol. Maybe next time I order, I'll leave the "creating" to the experts!

Did you create your own, or order already "created" flavors?