*Share Your Coil Builds*

3Rutez

84ce70ea-054a-4032-9885-f6bb46de3e82.jpg

Another parallel coil. This time 5 wraps (10 total) at .43 ohms +-.01. I tried out the dragon style wicking. I have fallen in love with the parallel coils. They are my favorite so far.

So your cotton goes through the coil and around

Around instead of through. That is my understanding of the dragon coil. I haven't watched the coil builds through all the way, so it might have to go into the coil. I am not completely sure. It was my first shot at dragon style wicking.

774d9741-9de2-476a-896c-1857da3f8857.jpg

This was my first shot at the "wickless coil" that Proetus shared with us. After watching the video I became more than curious to see how it would work when I tried it for myself. As with all my builds, this is all 28g kanthal. This thing was a P.I.T.A. to build. It's not all even, there are some loose wraps in the kanthal around the outside, but it vapes pretty good. Like the guy who filmed the video tells us, it's not an all day coil. But the flavor out of this thing is absolutely amazing. I am shocked. It changes the taste of my juices completely. I will NOT be giving this one another try because of how difficult it was to put together, but I am pleased with the results.

Did a dual coil with a single strand of wire. I forgot what its called, looks just like a normal dual coil, but its one continuous strand of kanthal. Was a P.I.T.A to wrap the second coil while on the deck of the RDA. Used 28g with 7/8 wraps and it came to 0.8ohms.

That would be a "center post" build. Although RiP Trippers named it the "Sleeper" coil for some strange reason. Lol

You build the first off of the deck, then insert and tighten down the posts. The other coil is built on the deck. It's tricky, but with practice it becomes easier.

I still find that a pain. Do you build both coils on the deck?

Well... I used to wrap one off the deck then insert and wrap the other on the deck. Been experimenting with parallels lately and with those I build both on the deck. It's still a PITA, but I get better conformity if I'm trying to get them centered.

The only advantages a center post build gives you is being able to utilize a thicker wire without having to drill out the posts, and it also helps to keep both coils glowing evenly.

Yes I know. As I said in the GPlat thread, this was for experiment purposes only, and I do not recommend going this low for safety reasons.

Yes I know. As I said in the GPlat thread, this was for experiment purposes only, and I do not recommend going this low for safety reasons.

I'm sure you know the risks involved, as well as the capabilities of your batts and device.... But to post a pic of the build and ohm it's rated for without the context of your other gplat post is a lil misleading for anyone not following what you're doing. Might want to try and edit the pic post with some warning/details about what you're intentions are for future members viewing this. IMO

I'm sorry. I was only sharing a coil build. I will edit the post though, as I understand exactly what you mean.

Personally, I think this entire "Cloud Chasing" subforum should be for the advanced builders, and we should have a pinned post with warnings and battery specs to let vapers know of the risks involved with chasing clouds.

*** Edit *** Unfortunately I am too late to edit the post. My apologies. ....

Edited by 3Rutez