Exploding e-cigs

I was watching YouTube videos about exploding vape batteries and I noticed that they APPEAR to all look the same, possibly the same manufacturer. Does anybody know anything about which ones seem to be going runaway (exploding)?

I'm not worried about mine, although just to be extra cautious, I did move the charger away from my pricey computer. The reason I want to know is my car is used to charge these things for people twice a year at a camping event (My car is modified and packs plenty of on board power to run or charge just about anything 12 volts or less). It'd be nice if I could spot the ones more prone to exploding and save myself a melted car.

I know an explosion is caused by a lack of a vent, regardless if the battery is an e-cig, cellphone, laptop, or other electronic thingamabob.

Is there any easy way to spot this on an vape?

Seeing as how I dont know what cheap crap people buy and ask me to charge, I think I'm going to build a metal box to put them in.

Pretty much all of the "exploding batteries" have been attributed to very cheap batteries without circuit protection, mismatched chargers/low grade chargers without protection and bad practice with batteries (user error). These videos and news stories are enemy propaganda.

Pretty much all of the "exploding batteries" have been attributed to very cheap batteries without circuit protection, mismatched chargers/low grade chargers without protection and bad practice with batteries (user error). These videos and news stories are enemy propaganda.

I figured they were propaganda. But, some did happen, and wanted to know what to look for. Some of the videos on YouTube were from vapers in thier own homes, so I know they do happen. Just like the smartphone "explosions" a while back, media turned a popped battery in to an IED.

I've had batteries pop in things (not my PV.). Both were computers, one hgih end battery and one mid grade (not mixed in the same device). The mid grade I chalked up to rodent damage, but I never figured out why the high end battery went ape ****. (It was a huge battery. Thank Goddess Julie glanced at the desk clock on the way out the door and noticed the battery error light blinking critical. It was moments from rupture and no one would have been home).

You must verify the battery has circuit protection. An internal component the prevents overload and full discharge.

There is much to be known about battery tech and baytery technology has advanced since the advent of new lithium/ion batteries. More than I can get in to now. There is much previous discussion here on it but there is also a lot of misinformation too.

Those explosions are actually pretty rare but much hyped. I would just buy from reputable dealers who sell mainstream brands. And be very wary of prices that are lower than average as that would indicate a knockoff . I have done some pretty dumb stuff with lithium ion batteries and only have managed to blow one up by removing the protective circuitry and hooking it straight to a 5 volt power supply for too long. Since it was uncontained it just popped and smelled bad. I also would make sure to use name brand chargers. As mentioned somewhere else in this thread there have been explosions in other devices with lithium ion batteries including cell phones, laptops and electric cars.