A complexing problem with my Mini Davide

Patricia

Today I cleaned out my Mini Davide out to prepare it to use as my flavor testor of my smaller bottles of juices. I put it back together and put a new coil in it. Put new juice in it and waited about an hour to soak the wicks good. It did not work. It did not even fire at all so I thought bad coil so I changed and put another new coil in it and waited. Still it did not work. I tried it on batteries that were currently working with other tanks but it did not work. I took the coil that was in it and put in in a EVOD BCC and the EVOD fired right up. What could the problem be? All batteries, coils and tanks worked except the Mini David.

Today I cleaned out my Mini Davide out to prepare it to use as my flavor testor of my smaller bottles of juices. I put it back together and put a new coil in it. Put new juice in it and waited about an hour to soak the wicks good. It did not work. It did not even fire at all so I thought bad coil so I changed and put another new coil in it and waited. Still it did not work. I tried it on batteries that were currently working with other tanks but it did not work. I took the coil that was in it and put in in a EVOD BCC and the EVOD fired right up. What could the problem be? All batteries, coils and tanks worked except the Mini David.

I have this same problem as well with my minis and it's the center post on the battery. So be easy with it.

If it's happenning with more than one battery,, it could very well be the center post on the Davide. Try gently pulling it slightly down with a pair of tweezers. I've had it happen with an evod and hubby had it happen with a carto tank.

yes, I have found the same thing with the Davide. The ego threads bottom out before battery contact on the center post. The Wizard and MrWaylon have given good advice.

Well, I was just going to use it to use as a tester for a few 5ml tester juices that had been sent to me as gifts and then clean it up and pack it away and use my KPT2s exclusively so I'm not going to go pulling up the center posts on my batteries when they are working just fine with everything else. I'm really glad now that I decided to go with the KPT 2s instead of the mini Davides. I have not had one problem with them yet. If I ever do have to pull it back out I will know what I have to do to get it working.

Yeah, it's actually much easier than it sounds. When youlook at the top of your battery it looks like a solid post going down in to the battery but its actually more like a pad or disk and its more or less suspended on a wire or maybe a spring or coil of wire. It's kinda just floating there. Just be a little gentle with it, don't be overly cautious. Doesn't take but a couple seconds with a needle or tiny screwdriver or fine tweezers...