Which part gets replaced?

So, my tank ran empty, and I decided to fully disassemble it to get an idea of how to replace parts.
The part with the coil and wicks unscrews as one piece. Does that come further apart, or is that the piece that gets replaced when it starts tasting like burn dog? (The V2 I used before tasted like burnt dog when it was time to toss the cart, I assume this one would too. No dogs were harmed in the usage of this metaphor)

The rubber part that covers the coils comes off as well, but it doesn't look like there is a way to get it any further apart.

I also learned that "empty" really means "You're not going to get anymore vape out of it, but there is plenty left to make an enormous f-ing mess all over your desk, hands, vape case, and clothes. Ahh newbiehood

Edited by HelloMiakoda

Yes, the coil and wicks come off as one piece and are replaced as one piece. Just make sure you get the identical replacement.

They come in a small variety of resistances. I would go with anything in the 1.8 ohm - 2.2 ohm. Expect to pay roughly a buck and a half for them. You can take them off, clean them by rinsing them thoroughly and letting them dry and this might prolong their life a little.

The IClears 16s are replaceable but not really "rebuildable." Hellomiakoda, What brand is it? I have one that looks just like yours (CE4) but there is no way of taking it apart without breaking it. Can you post a pic of yours taken apart? :) After taking a closer look it looks like yours has a cartage in it... unlike mine or the Iclear 16

Edited by Compenstine

The IClears 16s are replaceable but not really "rebuildable." Hellomiakoda, What brand is it? I have one that looks just like yours (CE4) but there is no way of taking it apart without breaking it. Can you post a pic of yours taken apart? :) After taking a closer look it looks like yours has a cartage in it... unlike mine or the Iclear 16

Yeah. I'll let one run empty and pop it apart for you. Patience though, I don't go through a whole one in a day.

I also may have my terminology wrong. You can take it completely apart, take out the wicks and the atomizer, and each piece was available at the shop where I bought the PV.

I also have one that I paid too much for that does not come apart at all, other than the tip to put e-goo in it. I was impatient, wanted another clearomizer for chocolate, ended up having to wait for the chocolate goo anyway.