New York to raise legal age to 21

Havamal

This new law will apply to e-cig's too!

"The legal age for buying tobacco, including cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars and cigarillos will rise to 21, from 18, under a bill adopted by the City Council and which Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg has said he would sign. The new minimum age will take effect six months after signing."

I feel for those addicted to analogs that are over 18 and under 21...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/31/nyregion/new-york-approves-law-to-raise-tobacco-purchasing-age-to-21.html?_r=0

The vapers in NY city got bamboozled. Click Bang (Russ) did a segment on this last night during his pod cast. The vaping group (CASAA) that attended the initial meeting were told and reassured that e-cigarettes would not be included in this bill.

The segment, about the bill, starts about 1 hour into his podcast. He has some good recordings of the council meeting. Contains bad language, NSFW.

https://soundcloud.com/vp-live/vapers-assault-nyc

Edited by BirdDog

My thought is how online sales are going to be affected... They real can't stop an online purchase of e-cig porducts to select cities...

Sure they can. They stopped online poker in the entire country for the most part. All it takes is a couple prosecutions and the rest see the risk is < the reward for one city.

With that said I am sure anyone whether 15 or 20 will have little problem buying either analogs or e-cigs. Did we?

Sure they can. They stopped online poker in the entire country for the most part. All it takes is a couple prosecutions and the rest see the risk is < the reward for one city.

With that said I am sure anyone whether 15 or 20 will have little problem buying either analogs or e-cigs. Did we?

Good points... it just creates an underground market.

Well it is New York where the "Nanny State Mentality" is reaching a breaking point. Look at what happened when the Police Chief tried to speak at Brown University and he is only enforcing laws others made. From banning big soft drinks to smoking to unconstitutional gun control and the climate (lol) I would have to say New York would be in my "Bottom 5 list" of places to live. Of course I live in the South, and if I ever move anywhere, it will be further South. I have turned down some very lucrative job opportunities from the Northern States but I HATE cold more than I needed the extra money.