Ok, Need E-Liquid for Dummies, Sorry.. : ( Help.....

We are new to the E-Cig T, My husband has to quit smoking due to being diagnosed with a T illness so we saw the E-Cig T online and we purchased two at our local mall from a smoke shop. The manager sold the Marlboro 11mg liquid to my husband and he sold him the flavored 0mg e-liquid for me. I'm conflicted as I have read different information on different websites regarding the e-liquid and how to use it.

Please remember I am brand new with this. Do you use the Marlboro 11mg nicotine liquid straight out of the bottle into the vaporizer or is it supposed to be mixed with another product? He is going through alot of 30ml's of liquid and on some websites it says to not use the nicotine straight that it should be diluted.

Any help and clarification would be great. I'm not interested in being my own chemist. I just want to use the E-cig T and liquid correctly.. Thank you for your patience..

your fine just putting it right into the e-cig. :) you would need to dilute it if it was straight nicotine. However you may want to up your mg of nicotine from 11 to maybe 18 or 24mg. that would help slow down the consumption as you would get more nicotine in fewer hits. anything you buy from a vendor that is a juice you are able to put right into the e-cig. just dont but straight nicotine (you would know if you did) and you should be fine!

For those who mix their own e-liquids, they buy just the nicotine. That's what you're supposed to dilute with PG (propylene glycol), VG (vegetable glycerine), flavorings, and sweetener. If you're buying premixed juices then you can just add that to your tank and vape, the nicotine has already been diluted for you. :)

There's a lot to learn when you start vaping but you've come to the right place. The people here are friendly and don't mind questions at all.

As Medic said above, I second his recommendation to get 18 or 24 mg of nic in your juices to start. I was a pack a day Marlboro Light (12 mg nic equivalent) smoker when I started vaping. My juice was 24 mg of nic so I could break the analog (cigarette) habit. Once I got over the hard part I started going down in nic. Now, I vape mostly 12 mg but go down to 6 and sometimes 0. It won't happen overnight but it'll get there.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for all the replies. Spydre, he was diagnosed with a terminal illness (T); The juice he has been using comes from a local smoke shop. It has marlboro on it and the supplier is in hong kong. I've been trying to find an equivelant as this guy thinks it is gold. I'm blown away by all the flavors. He doesn't like flavors but I do. Wish me luck and I will be asking lots of questions. Thank you all again for giving me help.. I will have him up the amount as he was a 2 plus pack a day smoker.. And then begin the journey of backing down.

Thank you very much for all the replies. Spydre, he was diagnosed with a terminal illness (T); The juice he has been using comes from a local smoke shop. It has marlboro on it and the supplier is in hong kong. I've been trying to find an equivelant as this guy thinks it is gold. I'm blown away by all the flavors. He doesn't like flavors but I do. Wish me luck and I will be asking lots of questions. Thank you all again for giving me help.. I will have him up the amount as he was a 2 plus pack a day smoker.. And then begin the journey of backing down.

Sorry to hear about your hubby. I'm sure the stress is bad on both of you. If he was a 2 pack a day guy then as others have said he may want to bump up his NIC intake. I would ask his doctor as well if Nicotine in an E-Cig will effect his illness. If he is diabetic the Juice can affect his blood sugar as well. That I know because I'm type 2. Strait PG (propylene glycol) has less affect on me than a VG (Vegetable Glycerin) base liquid. Glycerin has more glucose than propylene glycol.

Sorry to hear about your hubby. I'm sure the stress is bad on both of you. If he was a 2 pack a day guy then as others have said he may want to bump up his NIC intake. I would ask his doctor as well if Nicotine in an E-Cig will effect his illness. If he is diabetic the Juice can affect his blood sugar as well. That I know because I'm type 2. Strait PG (propylene glycol) has less affect on me than a VG (Vegetable Glycerin) base liquid. Glycerin has more glucose than propylene glycol.

I've seen a lot of sites that say their juice won't affect blood sugar levels.

I've seen a lot of sites that say their juice won't affect blood sugar levels.

Many of the people I sold fluid to when I had my b&M store including my self know better. I'm not going press the point except my blood tester tells me otherwise. That is not to say that it will effect all diabetics the same way just depends on the severity of diabetes and the materialism of the diabetic. I control mine with diet, no meds. I have a friend that vapes and he spiked 60 points after a few moments of vaping. I personaly see only 5-10 point spike when I vape and I'm a chain vaper.

Edited by Compenstine

Many of the people I sold fluid to when I had my b&M store including my self know better. I'm not going press the point except my blood tester tells me otherwise. That is not to say that it will effect all diabetics the same way just depends on the severity of diabetes and the materialism of the diabetic. I control mine with diet, no meds. I have a friend that vapes and he spiked 60 points after a few moments of vaping. I personaly see only 5-10 point spike when I vape and I'm a chain vaper.

Sweetie, I'm not going to argue about it either. You are the diabetic one, and know what happens to your blood sugar. I guess it's from the sweetener? But if they advertise that it doesn't affect blood sugar levels, you need to contact them and let them know they are wrong. I would hate to see what happened to your friend happen to someone who didn't know to look out for it.

And congratulations on controlling your diabetes through diet alone! My dad's a diabetic. Never bothered to start trying dealing with his diet until the last couple of years (after years of kidney damage), and got pissed when my mom cooked differently to accommodate the diabetes. The only change he made was sugar free desserts and either diet soda, or like, Pepsi Max (no sugar), so he ended up on two different diabetes meds and is insulin dependent.

I wish I could edit a post any time.. LOL I said "materialism of the diabetic" in my other post not "metabolism" Spellcheck and tired eyes LOL

Sweetie, I'm not going to argue about it either. You are the diabetic one, and know what happens to your blood sugar. I guess it's from the sweetener? But if they advertise that it doesn't affect blood sugar levels, you need to contact them and let them know they are wrong. I would hate to see what happened to your friend happen to someone who didn't know to look out for it.

And congratulations on controlling your diabetes through diet alone! My dad's a diabetic. Never bothered to start trying dealing with his diet until the last couple of years (after years of kidney damage), and got pissed when my mom cooked differently to accommodate the diabetes. The only change he made was sugar free desserts and either diet soda, or like, Pepsi Max (no sugar), so he ended up on two different diabetes meds and is insulin dependent.

Can you PM me some of the links to these sites or when see one? I would love to try and inform them. Oh yes adding sweetner will affect a diabetic. My diabetic friends and I got together to work out what was spiking us. Found that VG was the worse than just strait PG.

Thanks :) My Dad was also T2 diabetic and that is what help me find out really early that I had it. I was lucky that I caught it early, it only help when I went to controling it with diet. I found through research that it was possable when diagnosed early. My Dad was a sugarholic he used his meds as an excuse to eat sugar. After about 20 years he ended up Insalin dependat too and died shortly after from pancriatic cancer.