What to expect when I change PG/VG ration

Good morning my fellow vapors. I am getting a list ready for my first sample pack I have ever ordered because I have found 3 or 4 juices I like very much but they are getting boring so I want to try buying 15 or more 10ml samples from VapeDudes or any other companies suggested. I also want to make another change. I have always ordered 70pg and 30vg because everything I read said the pg is for flavor and vg is for more vapor. Well, I am good in the flavor area so I want to increase the vapor so I am considering going to 50/50 ratio which is VapeDudes standard. So, I know what reading tells me but I wanted to ask you all what change will I get in my juice going from 70pg/30vg to 50pg/50vg? I'm not making the order until Friday so along with this info if you have any good recommendations on some good juices I should try, even juice from another company would be appreciated. I here you all talk about dragons tears or dragons blood but the names give me no clue as to what they taste like. I would really like to try medics juices too so if he has some good ones please let me know. Just remember I have moved away from the tobacco flavors and moved more over to fruit, desert or candy flavors. Thanks for your advice in advance.

I normally vape a 50/50 ratio, this tends to decrease throat hit, gives a smoother vape and more vapor than the 70 PG/30 VG. That ratio is a bit too harsh for me. If you put the request for 60 PG/40 VG or any other variation not readily available, Vapedudes will comply. It may take a slightly longer time to process because that's not their normal ratio. I've done this in the past and they're great about working with you on it. :)

Dragon's Tear is from EC Blends, a company I order from regularly and love. This juice is a creamy strawberry flavor with a hint of dragon fruit (it's like a more subtle kiwi flavor). The good thing about EC Blends is that you can get 5 ml bottles of juice to try at $2.99 a bottle. At this price it's easy to go nuts and try all kinds of different flavors without having to spend a lot of money. Just a note: if you try any of the Dragon series of juices, they have to steep a minimum of two weeks or more to get the full flavor to come out. The longer it steeps the more creamy it gets. EC Blends says that Dragons Blood may have a peppery taste if it's not steeped long enough. I never got that but your mileage may vary.

Of Medic's juices, he lets you customize any way you want it. Just tell him what ratio and nic content you want. So far my favorites are his green apple, raspberry poundcake, and the caramel vanilla -- all at 50/50 12 mg nic. The caramel vanilla might need to steep a little while longer and I added a drop of two of extra sweetener as I prefer my juices a bit sweeter but it's really good! I need to go over and do a review on his juices that I just got. Just haven't done it yet.

If you're going with a higher VG content you might want to let them steep a little while. I've noticed that this helps to bring out the flavor better and to mute the VG taste, which I'm not fond of. These days I'm thinking of going with a 60 PG/40 VG to get away from that, though. Of course all of this is subjective as we all taste juices differently. Play around with the ratios and find out what works best for you. Happy vaping! :)

What Tam said. :)

I tried a juice the other day that was actually really good until the second draw. Coughing and gasping for air ensued. Looked down and realized the battery was turned up to 4.8! It had turned that subtle hint of menthol in the mix to be a throat killer. A little water, turning the battery down and it was really good again. It was a 50/50 mix.

I normally vape a 50/50 ratio, this tends to decrease throat hit, gives a smoother vape and more vapor than the 70 PG/30 VG. That ratio is a bit too harsh for me. If you put the request for 60 PG/40 VG or any other variation not readily available, Vapedudes will comply. It may take a slightly longer time to process because that's not their normal ratio. I've done this in the past and they're great about working with you on it. :)

Dragon's Tear is from EC Blends, a company I order from regularly and love. This juice is a creamy strawberry flavor with a hint of dragon fruit (it's like a more subtle kiwi flavor). The good thing about EC Blends is that you can get 5 ml bottles of juice to try at $2.99 a bottle. At this price it's easy to go nuts and try all kinds of different flavors without having to spend a lot of money. Just a note: if you try any of the Dragon series of juices, they have to steep a minimum of two weeks or more to get the full flavor to come out. The longer it steeps the more creamy it gets. EC Blends says that Dragons Blood may have a peppery taste if it's not steeped long enough. I never got that but your mileage may vary.

Of Medic's juices, he lets you customize any way you want it. Just tell him what ratio and nic content you want. So far my favorites are his green apple, raspberry poundcake, and the caramel vanilla -- all at 50/50 12 mg nic. The caramel vanilla might need to steep a little while longer and I added a drop of two of extra sweetener as I prefer my juices a bit sweeter but it's really good! I need to go over and do a review on his juices that I just got. Just haven't done it yet.

If you're going with a higher VG content you might want to let them steep a little while. I've noticed that this helps to bring out the flavor better and to mute the VG taste, which I'm not fond of. These days I'm thinking of going with a 60 PG/40 VG to get away from that, though. Of course all of this is subjective as we all taste juices differently. Play around with the ratios and find out what works best for you. Happy vaping! :)

Thank you Tam for that good info. Do you plan on doing your review on Medics juices before next Friday? I don't know how I can miss it but please make sure I see it when you are done. It looks like I am going to be getting some sample packs from at least 3 different vendors this Friday. Do you know about the coupon code stevek at VapeDudes? That gets you 25% your order. I know their juice is higher then most but when I take 25% off it makes it much better. But you know when it comes to juice cost really is not that important to me. I would rather pay more for juice I love then pay little for juice I don't like.

Thank you Tam for that good info. Do you plan on doing your review on Medics juices before next Friday? I don't know how I can miss it but please make sure I see it when you are done. It looks like I am going to be getting some sample packs from at least 3 different vendors this Friday. Do you know about the coupon code stevek at VapeDudes? That gets you 25% your order. I know their juice is higher then most but when I take 25% off it makes it much better. But you know when it comes to juice cost really is not that important to me. I would rather pay more for juice I love then pay little for juice I don't like.

I really can't say when I'll get to the review, Patricia. In the past I've found that when I set a time limit for myself the universe sees fit that I miss the deadline by throwing all kinds of things onto my plate. This is why I very rarely edit unpublished manuscripts any more for my author friends. I hate to let them down by missing a deadline. :(

Tam: i was going to start a new thread where we can give reviews on Medics juices but with 2 lil ones underfoot I haven't had a chance..Sooo if you want to go ahead and start just let me know where it is and we'll start the show!! :) these juices really do deserve a place on the forum all their own. I cannot put the raspberry poundcake down! Like a baby with a pacifier over here! Lol. :)

I really can't say when I'll get to the review, Patricia. In the past I've found that when I set a time limit for myself the universe sees fit that I miss the deadline by throwing all kinds of things onto my plate. This is why I very rarely edit unpublished manuscripts any more for my author friends. I hate to let them down by missing a deadline. :(

I'm sorry Tam, no pressure. It is my responsibility to try out different companies and different juices. With buying the tiny bottles even if I get something I don't like I can't waist too much money. Which place was it you told me to get the sweetener from? I will write it down this time.

I myself love fuzion and greenman as companies for flavors companies. :)

Congrats on the web page Medic. It must be still in the preparing process because I could only get the home page. Please do let me know when it is ready for shopping.

I'm sorry Tam, no pressure. It is my responsibility to try out different companies and different juices. With buying the tiny bottles even if I get something I don't like I can't waist too much money. Which place was it you told me to get the sweetener from? I will write it down this time.

http://www.ecigexpress.com/sweetener-by-flavor-west-2228.html

That's the link to the sweetener by Flavor West that I like. ;)

Congrats on the web page Medic. It must be still in the preparing process because I could only get the home page. Please do let me know when it is ready for shopping.

It's fully functional right now. ;) not everything is listed but we will attempt to do so in a few days to a week. :)

After ordering from Fuzion, I can't see ordering from VapeDudes again. For me, it just doesn't stack up at all anymore. At the time I raved about them they were the best I had tried, but mainly because I hadn't tried Fuzion. I have 6 tanks in rotation right now and 5 are Fuzion plus one Dragon Tear.

Fusions standard ratio is 65vg 35pg and I find I like that mix a lot although the Dragon Tear is 50-50. All 18mg.

Biggest difference is a smoother vape with less throat hit, but I have found some flavors have more throat hit than others even all things equal. Some of the 65vg flavors still have a strong throat hit and some none at all. Strange but that has been my experience.

Edited by bcartervol98

After ordering from Fuzion, I can't see ordering from VapeDudes again. For me, it just doesn't stack up at all anymore. At the time I raved about them they were the best I had tried, but mainly because I hadn't tried Fuzion. I have 6 tanks in rotation right now and 5 are Fuzion plus one Dragon Tear.

Fusions standard ratio is 65vg 35pg and I find I like that mix a lot although the Dragon Tear is 50-50. All 18mg.

Biggest difference is a smoother vape with less throat hit, but I have found some flavors have more throat hit than others even all things equal. Some of the 65vg flavors still have a strong throat hit and some none at all. Strange but that has been my experience.

Do you like the Dragon blood, if you tried if? I am definitely getting Dragons tear. What juices besides unicorn blood do you suggest for my sweet tooth from fusion?

Endless Summer and Unicorn Blood are tied as my favorites, but Apple Cinnana, Gummy Blood, and Orangezilla are great too. Wasn't a fan of Rasta Blood abd WaterFelons was just ok for me.

Thanks Carter. Since Endless Summer and Unicorn Blood were your favorite I ordered a couple of small bottles to try. If you find some more good stuff let me know. Thanks.