Eliquid/Batteris on airplanes?

I know you can't vape on a plane. However for those who have traveled recently how about e liquid and batteries? I know the rule about the certain amount of liquid allowed on a plane in a zip lock bag. Can you have the e liqud in your purse in the ziplock bag and present to the TSA agent? I don't plan on checking baggage but doing carry on bag only. Can I have my batteries, clearomizer etc...on my person, in my purse?

I know you can't vape on a plane. However for those who have traveled recently how about e liquid and batteries? I know the rule about the certain amount of liquid allowed on a plane in a zip lock bag. Can you have the e liqud in your purse in the ziplock bag and present to the TSA agent? I don't plan on checking baggage but doing carry on bag only. Can I have my batteries, clearomizer etc...on my person, in my purse?

My daughter traveled to Europe earlier this year with only a carry on...and had no problems with the batteries or juice (she had the required amount in zip lock baggies just like any other liquids). I assume that if you check the luggage you shouldn't have any problems either. It is ALWAYS best to call your airline and ask specifically ....Happy Travels!!

Can't vape on a plane? Why not? I take some 100% pg in 24mg nic unflavored and go to the bathroom. Almost no vapor at all and no smell. I have vaped now dozens of times on airplanes at this point. As long as you are under the maximum size for liquids and it fits in the zip loc you are good. Security is used to e-cigs now as far as carrying them on the plane you just have to stealth vape.

Being able to vape in airports and airplanes was one of my motivations to try vaping in the first place.

well remember it's illegal to vape on an airplane in the united states. The TSA has banned vaping on a plane. do it at your own risk.

As far as going through security i never had problems in Houston, Dallas, Denver, Minn/St Paul, Dickinson ND. and i always vaped in the airport i just didn't vape HUGE clouds that would alarm somebody.

Illegal to vape on a plane, but it can be done without being caught.

As for all your gear, they don't care. Be sure your liquids are in a ziplock.

Empty your clearo's before you board though. They will leak. I wrap mine in a paper towel Ina ziplock.

Yeah. I dont think this is true yet. Please provide a link.

The last I read the DOT was letting each airline set it's own policy. I know it has been banned on some foreign air carriers but I haven't seen this hapoen here yet. I could be wrong and it is likely coming

I stand corrected on the TSA e cigg policy.

However here is a cool little video about how e ciggs can set off smoke detectors ><

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um0hyMF59uk

They used a photo detector and not an ion. So it depends on which you are around. I know on the offshore rigs i have been on they instruct you to keep your bathroom door closed while showering because the vapor from the shower will set off the smoke detectors.

I've vaped on a plane before, both in the restroom as well as in my seat. I sat next to the window, it was a late night flight so it was dark. I took a draw and blew it out into the inside sleeve of my jacket I had on. No problems. Vaping in the restroom, all I had to do was to blow the vapor down.

The liquids must be put into ONE ziplock baggie with the rest of your liquids and be presented to the TSA as carry on. They will not allow a separate baggie. Before my last trip I contacted TSA and asked specifically what I should do with my e-cig and supplies and that was what I was told. :)

I stand corrected on the TSA e cigg policy.

However here is a cool little video about how e ciggs can set off smoke detectors ><

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um0hyMF59uk

They used a photo detector and not an ion. So it depends on which you are around. I know on the offshore rigs i have been on they instruct you to keep your bathroom door closed while showering because the vapor from the shower will set off the smoke detectors.

I was wondering about that. I also heard that airlines will upgrade their detectors but you know how long that will take.

Only two months ago i had my ego zipper pack with 4 loaded clearos and 2 10ml bottles of juice in my backpack. I went through TSA no questions asked at SFO, Atlanta, Detroit, Piitsburgh, and Akron. I vaped openly but off to myself in the terminals and stealthily in my seat (80/20) on all my flights. Nobody said a word. Got a couple double takes is about it.

One good thing even with questionable press is people know what it is...most anyway it seems

Im sure this will change though. I dont think you'll be able to stealth vape. They'll make the fines/penalties too heavy

I travel internationally about every 2 months. I have never been stopped or questioned in any airport within the US or abroad. I normally carry up to 5 spare batteries as well as up to 500 + ml of juice in my carry on.

I travel internationally about every 2 months. I have never been stopped or questioned in any airport within the US or abroad. I normally carry up to 5 spare batteries as well as up to 500 + ml of juice in my carry on.

Okay, now I'm really curious. How do you fit 500+ ml of juice into those quart sized ziplock baggies? I can barely fit travel sized shampoo, conditioner, a couple bottles of 10 ml juices and a few other necessities into those things. :D

I always put non nic liquids into my checked baggage. That way my baggy only had nic liquids in it. I would put my batteries in my top zipper of my backpack that holds all my electronics. I only took my laptop and kindle out for inspection. I always left all my batteries, phones, other misc electronics in the bag. I have had my bag searched a few times but it was no big deal once they saw what it all was.

It's also common for me to carry an extra pelican with my process meter in it and i would stuff some batteries in that too.

Okay, now I'm really curious. How do you fit 500+ ml of juice into those quart sized ziplock baggies? I can barely fit travel sized shampoo, conditioner, a couple bottles of 10 ml juices and a few other necessities into those things. :D

I never use or have used quart sized baggies. I always use gallon size bags. They dont care how big the baggie is as long as its a clear bag. At least in my experience. I would never put any of my vape supplies in my checked luggage. I consider it too valuable for that.

Interesting. And they never say anything about the bigger bag? You say you fly internationally but have you ever flown in the continental US the same way? I'm asking because I'm thinking of trying this out. :)

Nope never once has TSA said anything about my bags. I have seen other passengers with larger baggies than quart size as well. My trips come in from Baghdad/Kuwait into Dulles, Washington. From there I fly to Tampa. And the same way out from Tampa to Dulles and back to Kuwait/Baghdad again. I've never had any issues on the legs between Tampa and Dulles. I have yet to fly a different route since I've been vaping.

Good luck but if you want to test the gallon size baggie, take a few extra 5 quart size baggies just in case the TSA who check you have a problem with the gallon size. It will give you guaranteed place to still carry your liquids.

I know you can't vape on a plane. However for those who have traveled recently how about e liquid and batteries?

Here we need to clarify what you mean by batteries. Are you talking about PVs like an eGo 'battery'? The current brouhaha with the shipment of li-Ion batteries is for loose, actual batteries (18650s etc.)

The USPS had a ban on shipping Li-Ions overseas for a a while, they now allow Li-Ions to be shipped as long as they are installed in the appropriate device, ie flashlight etc.

Can't vape on a plane? Why not? I take some 100% pg in 24mg nic unflavored and go to the bathroom. Almost no vapor at all and no smell. I have vaped now dozens of times on airplanes at this point. As long as you are under the maximum size for liquids and it fits in the zip loc you are good. Security is used to e-cigs now as far as carrying them on the plane you just have to stealth vape.

Being able to vape in airports and airplanes was one of my motivations to try vaping in the first place.

Of course I plan on vaping in secret. I meant vaping legally, out in the open.

I didn't ask about sneaking and vaping. After 3 years of vaping i know how to do that and at my own risk. This forum turned into you can sneak and vape, that wasn't my question. My main concern is did you put your batteiries in your purse or carry on? Did you have to show the ziploc baggie with e liquid at the security checkpoint. Thankfully I found this link.http://www.electroniccigaretteconsumerreviews.com/tsa-guidelines-for-flying-with-e-cigarettes-e-liquid/

it answered my question. And for the person asked about you cant vape on plane where is the link

It is on tsa website

Here we need to clarify what you mean by batteries. Are you talking about PVs like an eGo 'battery'? The current brouhaha with the shipment of li-Ion batteries is for loose, actual batteries (18650s etc.)

The USPS had a ban on shipping Li-Ions overseas for a a while, they now allow Li-Ions to be shipped as long as they are installed in the appropriate device, ie flashlight etc.

yes egos

• 1 year later...

I am faced with having to travel by plane in a week. I want to pack either a Vego for amo or a VTR with extra batteries. should I check that in my baggage and only take an ego in carry on, or do you think I can take my APV's and extra 18650's onto the plane with me?

Malaysia Airlines has added to their "This is a non smoking flight" to "This is a non smoking flight, including electronic cigarettes" Sheesh! You'd think they have more to worry about what with the MH 370 search and being shot down over The Ukraine. Also, flying from Moncton New Brunswick to Connecticut through Montreal, US immigration in Montreal (that was a new one on me) questioned what is this? They were looking at at my iTaste SVO which I guess could look like a pipe bomb. I gave a quick puff to show the agent. He allowed me to keep it but gave me a what at the time seemed quite long lecture on how he'd quit smoking cold turkey and how all it took was willpower and he can't understand people who have such little willpower.

It's interesting to hear that there may be more sophisticated smoke detectors in future, As I write this, I planned to continue stealth vaping in the head, but am now worried. I've had no trouble with that so far. I even earlier this year, on a trip from Hartford to Cleveland, upgraded to first class and got chatting with the flight attendant as I was the only passenger she didn't have much to do. We talked about vaping, she wasn't familiar. I showed her my rig and demonstrated and she said what the hell, go ahead and puff away :)

on a trip from Hartford to Cleveland, upgraded to first class and got chatting with the flight attendant as I was the only passenger she didn't have much to do. We talked about vaping, she wasn't familiar.

You were alone in first class? I have a short leg on my flight (salt lake to santa barbara) and so far I am the only one booked, but I figured they would bump some people to first class if it was empty