50/50 for the win!

rcoe

so I've only been vaping for 4 weeks and the only juices I've had came from two local b&ms. They both sell 70PG/30VG blends. Lifes been good....until today. I ordered some stuff from vapedudes last week that I'm anxiously awaiting, but in the mean time I stopped by a new little b&m on the way home to check them out.

Their standard blend is 50/50...hmmm. Interesting....I sampled some...not bad. "Give me a 30ml of that Hawaiian Punch at 18mg nic" I said.

Got home, thoroughly cleaned out an Evod, and filled it half way to give the new juice a try....

HOLY 50/50opolis! Smooth...no irritating burning...and VAPOR!

50% max PG for this kid in the future....this stuff is delicious...and it hasn't steeped yet.....

What a revelation!

so I've only been vaping for 4 weeks and the only juices I've had came from two local b&ms. They both sell 70PG/30VG blends. Lifes been good....until today. I ordered some stuff from vapedudes last week that I'm anxiously awaiting, but in the mean time I stopped by a new little b&m on the way home to check them out.

Their standard blend is 50/50...hmmm. Interesting....I sampled some...not bad. "Give me a 30ml of that Hawaiian Punch at 18mg nic" I said.

Got home, thoroughly cleaned out an Evod, and filled it half way to give the new juice a try....

HOLY 50/50opolis! Smooth...no irritating burning...and VAPOR!

50% max PG for this kid in the future....this stuff is delicious...and it hasn't steeped yet.....

What a revelation!

Oh ya....vapedudes isn't hear until maybe TH (IT'S ONLY GOING TO GET.....BETTER!)

Yup. Good for you. And when you're able to drop your nic levels even further you'll notice another jump in flavor

I didn't get this at first. I wanted throat hit and a good one. It was important to me. Now approaching 5 months in I am only concerned with flavor, vapor production, and getting this at the lowest nic level I can stand to use. Right now that is 16-18mg in 50-50 and even some 65vg 35pg depending on the supplier but the drop from 24mg to these levels resulted in a staggering improvement in flavor.

Edited by bcartervol98

I didn't get this at first. I wanted throat hit and a good one. It was important to me. Now approaching 5 months in I am only concerned with flavor, vapor production, and getting this at the lowest nic level I can stand to use. Right now that is 16-18mg in 50-50 and even some 65vg 35pg depending on the supplier but the drop from 24mg to these levels resulted in a staggering improvement in flavor.

Agreed. I'm enjoying flavors in 18 that I wasn't enjoying in 24. Nicotine tastes so bad. I can still taste it sometimes if I look for it.

Yeah nice jump in flavor from 24 - 18. I tried jumping down to 6 from 18 and the flavors were awesome but a couple days later I was climbing the walls, lol. Went out and got an 18 and I was like ahhhhhhhh. I now sit at 12 on everything with an emergency clearo of 18 if I need it. To me i can barely taste nic in 12 and its non existent in 6 but my tolerance for flavors has widened as I decrease the nic.

Just some advice, dont cut down nic levels too fast. It is real withdrawl symptoms,lol. You wull not be a happy camper and neither will those around you, lol

You might have been ok if you were dripping 6mg into an RDA or an RBA. Lol huge nicotine improvement there. It actually makes it more absorbable so you can get more bang for your buck. :)

Yeah, this is what happened. At the time I started dripping it was recommended that I drip no more than 6mg. So I did. I bought a bunch of 6mg juice and then just started filling tanks with it and the flavor was awesome but it was too little too fast in a tank and since I only drip at home it wasn't cutting it when out and about.

The new winning formula for me is drip 6, tank 12 with an 18 close at hand. Voila!

• 3 weeks later...

Your juice vendor should be able to tell you. It's the % VG and PG in the juice. PG carries the flavors best while providing the throat hit, while VG provides the clouds (for the most part).

The first shops that I hit in my area only carried 70PG/30VG...when I tried 50/50 it all smoothed out the vapor production was much better.

Everybody likes something alittle different, though.

Yeah. I've said before, the first shop we went to orders online from the other shop we go to - the other shop's standard is 50/50, but 3D for some reason custom orders the juice 60/40 to sell in their shop. The majority of the time, we go to the Better Vapes, so we can get the flavors 50/50, so we can get 618 with an extra flavor boost, and so I can get 16 mg nicotine. A new shop is opening up on Friday just about five minutes away from our house, so we are going to hit that, but for now, they are just selling other vendors' products - I believe they said premium juices from several vendors, but they will eventually start mixing their own - plus have a little lounge type area where you can sit an vape and watch tv. But unless they have, like a reason to hang out there, I don't know that we'll make use of that. We can vape at home, lol. But it might be nice to make more friends in the local vaping community. I'll have to see how their prices are on hardware. Better Vapes' prices on hardware are better than 3D's, they are priced at the same price as on their website, but it's still more expensive than the online vendors I've purchased from, and Better Vapes has limited hardware. I'll get like a single tank from them, when the price difference is still small enough that ordering a single tank online, the shipping on it would make it more expensive than buying locally, except for some atomizers (at 3D).

I'm hoping that this new shop will host some vape meets - there are vape meets in the area, but it's 10 miles away, and it's like 9 am on a Saturday morning....and hubby's in school all day, every day during the week, he likes to sleep in.