HH.357...Who Here Has Used One?

Make sure to follow the directions on how to break it in properly. :)

Will do. Thanks for the advice.

My main use for this one will be for trying out new flavors. I figure dripping with an atty would be the way to go now that I'm tinkering with DIY juice. I've seen tons of good reviews for the HH.357 too, and I don't mind paying a little more for good hardware so I figured it was the way to go.

The only time I'm not dripping is when I'm driving. Sometimes I'll drip and drive -- well, I drip when I'm waiting at a red light or will even pull over to drip. Thankfully, with a drip shield I can over drip so it doesn't have to be refilled so often. The HH.357, since it has to be kept wet, is perfect for me because of this. :)

I received my HH.357 yesterday and have been using it ever since. Vapor production is outstanding, and the flavor of my eJuice really comes through much better than with my KPT2. I ordered the short barrel so the vape is really warm, which I like. This atty is thirsty! It holds 9 or 10 drops with no flooding issues to speak of. So far I really like it!

Edited by Rattlehead

Quick question(s).. Can someone please edumacate me on drip shields? I saw PBusardo talking about a drip shield and extender in his review of the HH.357.. What is the purpose of both, and exactly which one do I need? I think he mentioned empire mods.. I went there but am still unsure of which shield/extender I should buy, or if I need one at all. I did notice that since using the 357 I have some eJuice in the drip well of my Provari, and I'm assuming the shield will prevent this.. Is that its sole purpose?

Thanks!

Edited by Rattlehead

I'm not familiar with the Provari so I can't help you there. If you contact Keith at Empire Mods he's great about answering questions.

As for drip shields, they're great for keeping the liquid from getting all over everything. In any atomizer you get leakage from the vent holes at the battery connection. That's probably a good reason for you to get a sealed extender - to keep the juice from getting into your battery connection. I don't worry about it on my Vision Spinners, just use the drip shield and I'm good to go.Without the drip shields I don't think I'd still be dripping.

Others here with more experience will probably chime in before too long to give you more information. If not, start a new thread and I'm sure you'll get some hits. :)

Keith machines some of the most beautiful drip shields I've seen, and his customer service is amazing. After you vape and need more juice in your atomizer, just do a couple of quick, short draws without pushing the power button to suck some of the juice that leaked into the shield back in and you can continue vaping for a little while longer without having to add more juice. :)

• 1 month later...

So I am now a proud owner, ordered drip a drip shield from Empire on Friday, received on Monday and followed the breaking in directions from the website.. First ten puffs, not much flavor, using a light colored juice "Pineapple Express" and have my eVic with a KTP filled with the same for comparison. Next ten puffs ..meh....love the way the shield holds a lot of juice, you can hear and feel the gurgle. Couple cold pullls (no power draws) to pull the juice back from the shield into the atty.. Taste and vapor improves...5 more puffs..equal to or better than the KPT....5 more puffs and KABOOOM!!!! Holy Freaking Flavor Buds! My tounge is bouncing of the ceiling ! I am ordering a couple more of these, one for dark sweets, one for a backup..thanks to Tam, and Rixter for turning us on to a great product!!

Question, instructions state to keep wet and never let them dry out, suggestions tips tricks? Will be traveling with this unit everyday, but use it 3-5 days a week I'm guessing, so how do you store wet inbetween?

Edited by Aquatroy

Before I take off for a trip I just vape until I need more juice, add one to three drops (usually only two), and go. It doesn't need to be super wet, it just can't be bone dry.

Glad you liked it, Troy. See? This is what we've been talking about and why I can't go back to regular atomizers. They just can't compare. Now, I'm waiting to hear from Hanna about the four I sent back to him for cleaning/rebuilding. There's nothing wrong with these four except I drip dark, sweet juices that gunk up the coils faster than others. With the instructions that say no dry burning to get the gunk off I'm sending them back for repair/cleaning. For $5 - $10 for up to 5 atomizers and some shipping and handling, that's a pretty low price for the quality you get. :D

If you flood it to where it won't work well, take off the atomizer from your battery and blow the juice out from the battery connection end into a paper towel or tissue. Put it back on the battery, add just a couple of drops and vape. That should take care of it.

I got a couple of months before the coil gunked up enough that the performance dropped way off and no amount of soaking in vodka would take care of it anymore. But keep in mind that I use these almost exclusively so it gets a lot of use. The only time I use any other delivery device like my Davide mini is when I'm driving. :)

The drip shield was originally developed for the 901 atty.

02.jpg

The 901 and it's battery formed a tight seal, the 901 pulled it's air in through the side hole that you see. Unfortunately it often made for a bit of a mess when dripping. The bottom o-ring of the shield was just below that hole. It now functions as a true drip well (not just a catch cup) as the juice that accumulates can be sucked back into the atty (as long as you don't over do it).

With the 510 you need to add an adapter so that the o-ring ends up below the atty/battery junction.

drip-shield-6-510a-air.jpg

With the drip shield that's specifically made for the eGo, the O-ring sits nicely below the atty/battery connection so you don't need an adapter. :)

And covers the threads nicely. Not a drip anywhere with Empires shields, and I flooded it big time!

Also, with a sealed adapter, I've found it restricts airflow in my atomizer too much so I can't take a decent draw. The 901 and original drip shields do require an adapter but Keith, the owner of Empire Mods, fixed that nicely by making drip shields specifically for an eGo type battery. That's why, when I recommend a drip shield, I only recommend those that come from Empire Mods and have the words "eGo" in the name of the shield. The others would require an adapter while the latter do not. :)

Tam - can you put a link to this magical device?

http://www.avidvaper.com/hh-357-cisco-spec-hybrid-atomizers/

Troy, the one I gave you is a Custom HH.357 Cisco Spec hybrid at 1.5 ohms in stainless steel, short barrel. I only use the Custom ones, not the "regular". The extra couple of dollars is more than worth it. :)

Just got a message from Hanna. I'd sent off 4 of mine to be cleaned/rebuilt. Seems like two had fused wires that needed to be rebuilt and one had some kind of obstruction in the coil that was making it hotter than it should've been so that's been replaced. One other was just cleaned. For all four I was only charged the maximum of $10. Now that's great service! Can't wait to get them back. :D

• 5 weeks later...

I finally got a chance to play with my HH 357.

I have never vaped anything over 3.8 volts. I started off conservatively at 3.7 volts. Nothing to write home about...

And the fittingly, I decided to take it for a spin. 4.3 volts

HOLY ****! I have never tasted juice before. This is flat out amazing. The vapor production is outstanding and the flavor, THE FLAVOR!!!!