New from Illinois, near St.L

spydre

Okay, I started vaping about 3 1/2 weeks ago. Still had analogs left, so I smoked them, but what would have lasted me 2 1/2, MAYBE 3 days, lasted me a full week (7 days). Since then, I've back slid a couple of times - once when I initially ran out of the the analogs, it had been maybe six hours, and the panic attack :crybaby: was so bad I made hubby drive me to get some since I can't drive. Then last week, during a period high stress, I gave in a bought about a day and half worth of analogs. I won't be doing that again, though, simply because while I enjoyed having the cigarette to hold in my hand, and the hand to mouth thing, both times I got analogs, since even the tobacco juices are flavored, the analogs just tasted "meh", or even "blah". And really, I don't think I can go back to that taste. Plus, I can already smell better. With the weather being as nice as it has been, all of the windows have been open for about two weeks, I guess, and the house is nice and aired out. We have a couple blankets in the living room, throw blankets, whatever, and I was sitting with one of them supporting my arm, and I realized just how much the stench of smoke was reeking off it. So all three of them are getting washed, and we I have to febreeze the furniture that can be febreezed as well.

Currently, the equipement I have is a dual ego 900 mah starter kit (which I'm pretty sure is a knock off) with the two clears that came with it, and three Evod tanks. I'll soon be getting (hopefully) either a ProAir 2 or a Davide Gassomizer, because if I vape on one flavor all day, even with the Evod tanks, I have to refill multiple times.

The batteries last me anywhere between 18 - 22 hours, depending on how much I sleep, and how much I'm vaping. Still trying to find that one all day vape, though - which is why I have 2 clearomizers and three Evods with juice in them, lol, and I still haven't tried all the flavors I want to try before I make up my mind.

Okay, so we all go through a time for years when we know we NEED to quit smoking, but we don't want to. Or we can't. Or whatever. I come from a family of smokers. Also come from a family history of cardiovascular disease (even the one grandparent that I know quit smoking in around '56). So it's not just smoking that causes it in my family. So far, despite 20+ years of smoking (I started when I was 15 or 16, I can't remember which), I haven't had TOO many issues, although some things were starting to hit, like it seems almost constant sinus buildup lately, etc.

I guess a few years ago, maybe four, was when I knew I had to quit smoking. I have MS, and a study had just been done showing not only does smoking contribute to the START of MS, but it also can speed up the progression of MS. So finally, at the beginning of this year, I decided I was definitely going to stop some time this year. Plus, even getting "Class C" bargain basement cigarettes at a bargain basement discount shop, it's expensive. Couldn't take Chantix because I'm bipolar and I'm on three other anti-depressants anyway and have significant depression. Was thinking about the lozenges, but frankly, I was terrified to quit.

Then lo and behold, I go to my local newspaper's website one day, and there was an article on a newish (opened about a month) vape shop. Turns out it wasn't as expensive as I previously thought years ago (since I didn't ask anyone about it, or didn't look up information on things like Blue e-cigs, well, I thought it was way more expensive than even smoking the Class A cigarettes - like the Marlboro's). So I'm reading this article, and I clear it with my doc, and my MS doc who says the e-cigarettes shouldn't have the effect on my MS as regular analogs do, and I jumped in with both feet. Not a lick of research beforehand, lol. But I'm glad I got in when I did. Now I just have to figure out an all day vape, which is the whole reason to be getting a bigger tank!

Welcome !!! I am very glad you have found vaping and us. As you are discovering, vaping is far superior to smoking, most certainly less stink !

finding the right flavors is always the challenge. Then again, as far as that all day vape....I started 4 years ago and still don't have an all day vape, I do however, have 7 flavors I love and rotate through. Usually about 4 flavors at a time, I love the variety. No more going back to tasting the same thing day in and day out like is the days of smoking.