HH.357 - First Impression

Rixter

My HH.357 2Ω Long Barrel Hybrid 510 Atomizer from Avid Vaper just arrived in today's mail. This is one that I've been anxiously awaiting because...well, because it's an HH.357 drip atty! I've been wanting to try one for over a year now...I just didn't want to spend over $25 (shipped) on a single atomizer, but after seeing that they weren't just a flash in the pan (here today, gone tomorrow) I decided that now was the time, so I bought one.

10on247.jpg

I followed the instructions Avid Vaper provided on their product page to the tee, and I can tell you that this is the best performing atomizer I've ever tried. I've used quite a few different atties since I started vaping, but the taste of my juice is definitely better by far in this one than in any of the others. The taste and vapor production at 8 watts is on par with a well set up RBA. Now I see what all the hype was about.

I've heard that these last a really long time, too...I'm hoping for at least six months with proper care. My last atty, an Empire Mods 1.5Ω Premium Bridge Free LR901, lasted about 7½ months, and cost $7.49 + shipping. It was a great performer, too...just not as good as the HH.357. The taste is pretty incredible.

I still love my RBAs, but they have to be set up properly to really shine. If money's not a concern and you want the best vape you can get right out of the package, the HH.357 is what you want.

Edited by Rixter

good review. i've always wanted to try one but like you said not really sure i want to go dropping $25 on a single atty. and at this point, dripping is almost a thing of the past for me, i'm just really wanting convenience these days and ce-whatever's just really fit the bill for me.

good review. i've always wanted to try one but like you said not really sure i want to go dropping $25 on a single atty. and at this point, dripping is almost a thing of the past for me, i'm just really wanting convenience these days and ce-whatever's just really fit the bill for me.

Hey, I've become a die hard RBA nut lately (got four of 'em) because the performance is so great, but the flavor of my juices in this atty is absolutely awesome! I'm using a drip shield with it and loading 10 or so drops at a time so it keeps fogging for quite some time.

I though I was done with dripping, too...guess not, eh? :no

Day 2:

The RBAs are starting to get jealous now. :mad:

I really want my RBAs to be better than this simple drip atty (I've got so much time and money invested in them), but the HH.357 is just such a flavor beast! I keep jumping back and forth between it and the RBAs trying to convince myself that it's all in my head. I even started vaping my "meh" juices in it, and guess what? They're not so "meh" in the HH.357. In fact, all of my juices' flavor seems to have doubled in this thing, and it produces these thick clouds of vapor that just blow me away every time I use it!

Amazing!

what tip are you using? and if you dont mind me asking... know any sites with lots of drip tips?

and im glad to see im not the only one who has thought that the simply dripping atty's are better then my RDA.

I'm actually using the drip tip that came with my Vision ViVi Nova. It has the largest flue of any tip I have, so juice goes right through without hanging up.

gallery_15088_188_82254.jpg

HH.357 with a ViVi Nova drip tip and eGo drip shield on a Sigelei Zmax

Great review Rixter!!!

I caved in last year and bought one.

Still haven't braved using it, for fear I'll break it lol. I wanted to wait until I had a backup for it in case I couldn't live without it like the others who try it.

I wish we could send them in for free and have them rebuilt lol.

If the Zombies ever take over, you're all set with your RBA's and know how to use them. Try SS Cable wick yet? (twist together your kanthal, like rope looks). That's the next best thing to the hh 357.

I'm with you Imedic, I don't much like the RDA's either. Silica and I just don't get along.

I caved in last year and bought one. Still haven't braved using it, for fear I'll break it lol. I wanted to wait until I had a backup for it in case I couldn't live without it like the others who try it.

Oh, no, girl!!! Drop whatever it is you're doing right now! Go get it out and fire it up right this instant! You REALLY don't know what you're missing out on! :no

I've never used Efest batteries myself, but I'm sure they'll do fine.

I have some AW IMR 18650s (2000mAh) and 18350s (800mAh) that are really great batteries, but I recently started using Samsung ICR 18650s from FastTech because I can get them for $8.59 a pair, and they're 2600mAh.

I really don't want to order from fast tech. Idk why but I just have this feeling about it. I did order a KTS though since I saw yours and couldn't resist buying one from discount vapers. :)

I have five mods that take 18650s, and I use the Samsungs from FastTech in all of them without issue. I can tell no difference between them and the AWs...except for the vast difference in price.

Darn you, Rixter. Now you've gone and made me want one too!

And they're out of 2.0 ohm ones. *sighs*

I would've been okay with any color but they're out all the way across the board. I've fallen in love with the 2.0 ohm atties. Tried higher and lower and keep coming back to the 2.0. Guess I'll just have to wait until he restocks these. *sighs again* :(

ETA: Do these need the 510 to 510 adapter/extender? I know I have one around here somewhere...

Edited by Tameiki

Do these need the 510 to 510 adapter/extender? I know I have one around here somewhere...

I have the long barrel 510 and it's about the same length as a Boge carto, so you won't need an extension to use your eGo drip shields.

• 1 month later...

My HH.357 2Ω Long Barrel Hybrid 510 Atomizer from Avid Vaper just arrived in today's mail. This is one that I've been anxiously awaiting because...well, because it's an HH.357 drip atty! I've been wanting to try one for over a year now...I just didn't want to spend over $25 (shipped) on a single atomizer, but after seeing that they weren't just a flash in the pan (here today, gone tomorrow) I decided that now was the time, so I bought one.

10on247.jpg

I followed the instructions Avid Vaper provided on their product page to the tee, and I can tell you that this is the best performing atomizer I've ever tried. I've used quite a few different atties since I started vaping, but the taste of my juice is definitely better by far in this one than in any of the others. The taste and vapor production at 8 watts is on par with a well set up RBA. Now I see what all the hype was about.

I've heard that these last a really long time, too...I'm hoping for at least six months with proper care. My last atty, an Empire Mods 1.5Ω Premium Bridge Free LR901, lasted about 7½ months, and cost $7.49 + shipping. It was a great performer, too...just not as good as the HH.357. The taste is pretty incredible.

I still love my RBAs, but they have to be set up properly to really shine. If money's not a concern and you want the best vape you can get right out of the package, the HH.357 is what you want.

Rix tell me in detail about "proper care" getting ready to try the drip....

Rix tell me in detail about "proper care" getting ready to try the drip....

This is from the Avid Vaper HH.357 Long Barrel Hybrid 510 Atomizer product page:

Please follow this user guide carefully for optimum performance.

1. Blow excess primer out only in the direction of airflow (in through battery connector terminal and out through drip tip/mouth piece end)

Do not rinse or clean out primer. It is needed for proper break in. Primer comsists of 50/50 PG/VG

2. Apply enough liquid ( about 5-7 drops) until a slight gurgle is heard when you take an unpowered draw on the atomizer, if no gurgle is heard add 1-2 more drops

3. Vape some short drags to be sure there is enough liquid and to test different draw speeds. Remember the pump works on vacuum, slow / soft drags are not going to create enough vacuum.

4. If you get a bad taste on first drag, add 1-3 drops try again.

5. A bad taste or light flavor/vaper from a drag means the atomizer is ready for 2-3 more drops, depending on liquid used. 2-3 for all VG. 3-4 for VG PG.

6. Continue to vape and top off with juice until flavor starts to intensify (you will know) atomizer will "hiss" after a drag when its ready to top off, or top off when you get poor flavor.

7. When you feel you "know" your atomizer go ahead and vape hard. Please be aware when your atomizer is running dry, Enjoy!!!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines