Carto doesnt taste burnt.. but doesnt taste right?

is it a new carto? It could have a clog from old juice. I had one like that and had to trash it. You could try letting it sit in boiling water (take off burner first LOL) Then blow it out and let it dry a bit. I tried that and then it still was bad so it went bye-bye.

Did you make sure you blew out the primer liquid? If you didn't that could be the problem. All cartos and attys come with a primer liquid to keep it from getting dried out so all you have to do is blow in the mouthpiece and hold a paper towel or Kleenex at the end of it and let it soak up the liquid your forcing back out.

Legitimate question, what would be any advantage to using a cartomizer over a clearomizer or tank? I mean I hear a lot of people using them but is it because they are better to some? Cheaper? My only experience with those were on stick batteries I have used only clearos or tanks once I got my first set of Egos until now.

I got a boge 510 carto, cheap, hugh flavor, excellent taste. It's easy to change flavors with a carto but they are temperamental. easy to flood but almost fool proof delivery device, I like the ease of testing a flavor but some linger for a good while.got to have q tips with you if you have a carto.

Back to the original post, did you use the condom method to fill it? The coil sits on the bottom near the threads and if that filler material is dry it would burn it.

Legitimate question, what would be any advantage to using a cartomizer over a clearomizer or tank? I mean I hear a lot of people using them but is it because they are better to some? Cheaper? My only experience with those were on stick batteries I have used only clearos or tanks once I got my first set of Egos until now.

Imagine your old cartridge perched atop your spinner. Pry off the little end cap. Pull out the stuffing/filler material which holds the juice. It's like a cotton blanket that is just holding all the juice in a pre filled cartridge. You yank all of that out. What you have left is a short tube at the bottom of which is a totally exposed coil in a little shallow "pan". Now take your juice say strawberry fields, and just drip 3 drops right on to the atomizer. Put a drip tip in place of the old cap. It's just press fit with a little o-ring. Fire up the battery and vape those 3 drips directly off the coil. You will get a couple/few hits of just pure direct vape then you will sense that its going dry, loss of vapor and taste. Pull the tip, drop 3 drops of spearmint now, enjoy the vape. Rinse and repeat. (Figurative)

Advantages:

1. Really good vapor production

2. Change flavor on the fly

3. Try out new flavors or mixes of your own flavors.

4. Really great flavor

5. In other configurations (other equipment) easy to rebuild coils

Disadvantages:

1. Can't do it while you're driving or anything else except maybe watching TV, lol

2. Prone to a little bit of leaking

3. Prone to flooding the coil

4. More trouble than just filling a Clearomizer and taking off

This is just a basic dripping method. There are other dripping methods even more sophisticated that I have witnessed others do that produce TONS of flavor and true clouds. They require different gear and are superior, very low resistance, dual coil, etc...

I have a tank also but I was looking at clearomizers but my friend said that the local vape shop doesnt have them in stock alot.. and I refuse to order online.

I have to ask, why would you refuse to order online? I just ask because I have never bought anything at a B&M or even been to one and am curious.

Did you make sure you blew out the primer liquid? If you didn't that could be the problem. All cartos and attys come with a primer liquid to keep it from getting dried out so all you have to do is blow in the mouthpiece and hold a paper towel or Kleenex at the end of it and let it soak up the liquid your forcing back out.

nobody told me this :(