I need help with drip tip setup

I am a n00b and don't know anything about them. I have a few ego batteries right now along with several T2's and a Pro Tank. I have been try a lot of new juices til I find a few all day juices and I am tired of having to clean out tanks or use new ones just to try them. I have tried some juices and noticed that I need to steep them so it sucks.

Can you use multiple juices in these or am I misunderstanding the concept of drip tip setups?

Can someone help me out with a few links on what to get?

Thanks

if your'e looking to test new juices you need an atomizer.

i would suggest going here:

http://www.empiremods.com/Default.asp

pick up a low resistance 510 atomizer, a 510 drip tip, and maybe an ego drip shield. then you just add a few drops on to your atomizer, insert drip tip. and enjoy the flavor that only dripping can provide.

Totally agree with Blucavvy. You need to direct drip if you want to change flavors on the fly. I will add that the first time you use the atty you'll want to put in 4 - 6 drops of juice to prime the coil and/or bridge, then, you can go with a drop or two at a time. I let mine sit for a minute before vaping the first time. YMMV. I'd also keep like flavors per atomizer. All my fruit flavors are used in one, bakery flavors in another. Every time you change flavors the old one will linger for a few hits (or longer) so you'll get a blend of old and new juice for awhile. Not good if your flavors aren't compatible.

Keith at Empire Mods is great to deal with and he has so many different styles and types of drip tips. :)

I've dripped on my DSE901, but the concept is virtually identical for an eGo style battery. My plan is to go with the following for my drip setup with my eGo kits.

I'll get a 510 atomizer...

http://www.aquavaporcig.com/Replacement-Atomizers-for-eGo-510_p_128.html

I'll get a drip tip...(this one is my personal fav, but there are many others)

http://www.aquavaporcig.com/Cowboy-Skull-Drip-Tip_p_554.html

And I might get the eGo cone, just because I like completion...

http://www.aquavaporcig.com/Replacement-Atomizer-Cones-for-eGo_p_160.html

Drip in a couple of drops and enjoy!

Ok, so I put the atomizer on my battery. Add the tip. The cone is just cosmetic I assume. Do you drip drops into the opening of the tip? or does the atomizer have an opening or bowl like area to catch the drips?

A "cone" is simply a cosmetic piece to add to eGo's to not show the outside threads of an ego when your'e attaching a standard 510 delivery system.

A drip shield actually encases the atomizer and prevents leaking, when you drip with an atomizer they tend to lose juice through the air holes on the side if overfilled. Cone-cosmetic, drip shield-practical. In fact with a drip shield you can add more than 3 or 4 drops since after about that much that's when they tend to leak. It makes it so you don't have to add drops every 3 or 4 hits.

A wide opening drip tip is designed so that you don't have to remove anything to drip in to the atomizer. You just drip your juice right through the hole of the drip tip. Personally i never liked the idea and always removed the drip tip and dripped juice directly in to the atomizer, but that's simply because i'm anal lol

and a word of caution.... watch which drip shield you get! they make them for specific thread type and battery style. like for example my eVic has a raised 510 thread with a recessed eGo thread type. they actually make a shield so i dont have to buy any adapters or anything like that. if you hunt enough you can find them. i bought mine from empiremods.com.

If you're going to direct drip you really do need a drip shield, not a cone. The cone is made to make things look pretty - it doesn't have the ventilation you need to get a really good draw. I used one and after awhile I noticed that the extra juice would leak through the threads of the cone. You don't get that with a drip shield. The cone can also produce a really tight draw and more heat because it's not meant to do anything - not so with the drip shield. :)

Keith, owner of Empire Mods, gives excellent customer service and even better quality product. I love that place. :)

well i bought a shield an a rebuildable dripping atty. so i should in theory have a great set up on its way! :)

i want that empire pv too... too bad they are hard as hell to get ahold of. :(

Edited by IMEDICx90

Look up my post/review of Empire Mods and you'll get a taste of what kind of customer service he gives. If you ordered it from Keith, you're sure to get a really great set up. If you don't, he'll make it right. :)