Kanger Protank V2

I mentioned this in another thread in General Discussion but I'll repost here as it's a new product.

http://www.sz-kanger.com/products/kanger-protank-2-clearomizer-pre-order-now-ship-in-july-25th

The new version seems to address issues some folks have had as well as added capacity. The downside, if any, is that it's physically larger. That might be an issue for some.

This will probably be my next purchase as my Mini Vivi Nova is leaking like crazy despite changing out the tube and tightening everything up as best I could. Plus, my EVOD BCC is great but doesn't fit my iTaste MVP. Looks like the ProTank will. :guitar:

Maybe the price will go down on the current model once these come out and I will stock up lol. Its the same I do with phones. I upgraded from IPhone 3 to Iphone 4 when the Iphone 5 came out haha. Getting a 5 in September when my upgrade rolls around, hoping 6 is out by then so my 5 is cheaper. I call it "frugal".

For me the price wouldn't matter if it stayed as currently advertised. You only have to replace coil assemblies provided you don't go around dropping them frequently.. If you diy coils that recurring cost becomes negligible. If $19.50 breaks you how did you ever afford cigarettes?

For me the price wouldn't matter if it stayed as currently advertised. You only have to replace coil assemblies provided you don't go around dropping them frequently.. If you diy coils that recurring cost becomes negligible. If $19.50 breaks you how did you ever afford cigarettes?

$19.50 would never break me, but when I get ~90% the production and taste out of a T2 with same cost replacement coils at 20% of the price of a KPT it is not about affording it as much as seeing the value in spending the money on it. I keep about 20 T2s in my case, Brian at Veteran Vaper can attest lol. I never get below 10-15 replacement coils. I already ordered 10 for my 1 KPT I do have. I just dont find it portable, it is extremely breakable, and while it does produce slightly more taste and vapor than the T2 I just do not find the value there for me personally. Affording it is not the issue, it is the value that I am not all the way on board with. Given the choice of 5 T2s or one KPT for me the value is not there. If they were $9.99 I would have a dozen most likely.

$19.50 would never break me, but when I get ~90% the production and taste out of a T2 with same cost replacement coils at 20% of the price of a KPT it is not about affording it as much as seeing the value in spending the money on it. I keep about 20 T2s in my case, Brian at Veteran Vaper can attest lol. I never get below 10-15 replacement coils. I already ordered 10 for my 1 KPT I do have. I just dont find it portable, it is extremely breakable, and while it does produce slightly more taste and vapor than the T2 I just do not find the value there for me personally. Affording it is not the issue, it is the value that I am not all the way on board with. Given the choice of 5 T2s or one KPT for me the value is not there. If they were $9.99 I would have a dozen most likely.

i agree completely. Im not totally against this tank... just for the price i feel it shouldnt have some of the issues i have with it. I am going to put a replacement coil in it and see if it helps but i am also going to rewick the one i already did and see what i cant do about getting one more strand through there to see if it tightens it up enough to potentially stop the flooding that irwin said could possibly be causing the problem.

Edited by IMEDICx90

If you're comfortable and satisfied with what you have there is no reason to go on. I thought I was there a couple of years ago. But the "next best thing" came along and I had to try it. And then there was another "next best thing". It was even better. I guess for me the siren song of "the next best thing" hasn't ended. :yes

Whatever the case it beats the hell out of smoking!

If you're comfortable and satisfied with what you have there is no reason to go on. I thought I was there a couple of years ago. But the "next best thing" came along and I had to try it. And then there was another "next best thing". It was even better. I guess for me the siren song of "the next best thing" hasn't ended. :yes

Whatever the case it beats the hell out of smoking!

I couldnt agree more. Between the wife and I we were spending about $550 per month on analogs. I do not have that much invested in everything I own to vape and have over 1000ml of liquids, 6 different styles of batteries each, and a couple dozen T2s and about the same in replacement coils. I could theoretically vape at the rate we do for about 8 months on what we have without buying anything else but I know that will not happen lol.

Bcarter!!! have you happened to try a T3 or MT3? i just got both of them in and they are both bottom feeders with the same airy draw as the protank.. but they are same construction as the T2. The MT3 has a protective cover over the pyrex. just thought I would mention it to you since they are only a little more then a T2.

Bcarter!!! have you happened to try a T3 or MT3? i just got both of them in and they are both bottom feeders with the same airy draw as the protank.. but they are same construction as the T2. The MT3 has a protective cover over the pyrex. just thought I would mention it to you since they are only a little more then a T2.

I may try it. The thing is I really like the bottom feeder aspect of the KPT and once I go through the rest of my T2 coils and accessories I may try something different. The MT3 is pyrex also? I was not aware of that. I am no expert, not quite 90 days into my vaping experience, but have found what I like. I was all crazy over my Vision Spinners and still like them for the rare occasion I vape a tobacco flavor, but since my preferred voltage for everything else is around 3.5-3.7 I use my stock Ego batteries a lot more than the spinners. They stay at home now and are no longer in my case for "on the go" vaping. I use them with my KPT because they balance the weight best too. It is an evolution, but I am not buying anything else "new" for a while especially until I see what the regulations do when released in October. There is not a brick and mortar store with any decent stuff within 100 miles of me that I am aware of, and if I cannot readily order the flavors I like online I will probably just give up vaping and cold turkey off the nicotine all together. At this point I have no doubt I can do it, I just don't want to lol.

fair enough. they came free with my itaste for the holiday sale but i just figured i would tell you since you are in the same boat as me with the price difference on the KPT minus the issues i have had. lol and maybe its just user error. we will see in about 40 minutes when i finish putting it back together.

I'm going to hold off on the V2 for awhile as I have no issue with V1's I already have. Increased capacity would be nice but not at the of expense increased size, at least not for me. I just hope they continue to offer the V1's for curmudgeons like me.

Edited by irwink

I like the looks of these KPTv2's. I'll pick some up in July and give em a try.

The MT3s are pyrex? I didn't realize that. Guess I should pay better attention lol. (one is sitting on my purple twist.. OH hey! But I did notice that the purple matches perfectly, even the same skin textures. I got my priorites right, I'd say).

post-1865-0-29553300-1373681671_thumb.jp

I like the looks of these KPTv2's. I'll pick some up in July and give em a try.

The MT3s are pyrex? I didn't realize that. Guess I should pay better attention lol. (one is sitting on my purple twist.. OH hey! But I did notice that the purple matches perfectly, even the same skin textures. I got my priorites right, I'd say).

attachicon.gifpurpleMT3onPurpleTwisorspinner.jpg

yes they are if im not mistaken. :) i could be wrong and it wouldnt be the first time. lol

yes they are if im not mistaken. :) i could be wrong and it wouldnt be the first time. lol

I know the Kanger ProTanks are glass, but for the life of me, I can't find the description for the MT3's or MT3S's.

I'll fill one with Pluid and let ya know how it goes...

Oh wait! I found a blurb about the MT3s at ECBlend.

"Kanger MT3S Clearomizer (empty) - Made from Polycarbonate plastic. (See Polycarbonate note below) Fits any eGo 510 threaded battery. Fill with your favorite ECBlend e-Liquid."

This will probably be my next purchase as my Mini Vivi Nova is leaking like crazy despite changing out the tube and tightening everything up as best I could. Plus, my EVOD BCC is great but doesn't fit my iTaste MVP. Looks like the ProTank will. :guitar:

I know this answer is off topic, but.....

I finally found the source of leaking with my vivi nova....there was a separation at the bottom of the tank. the piece that screws into the battery separated slightly from the metal section that unscrews from the tank. I just reseated it and no more leak. I find it separates when I have had it in my pocket and it gets a bit battered. Now I just check it now and again, haven't had any more trouble with leaking.

I know this answer is off topic, but.....

I finally found the source of leaking with my vivi nova....there was a separation at the bottom of the tank. the piece that screws into the battery separated slightly from the metal section that unscrews from the tank. I just reseated it and no more leak. I find it separates when I have had it in my pocket and it gets a bit battered. Now I just check it now and again, haven't had any more trouble with leaking.

Thanks, Kitsune! I'm going to try this. When you say you "reseated" it, did it involve banging it with a hammer, because that's how frustrated I am with this leaky thing! :wallbash:

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone received one of these yet? I have an odd question :D What size is the packaging that the kpt2 comes in? Trying to figure out how many will fit in small priority box.

Anyone received one of these yet? I have an odd question :D What size is the packaging that the kpt2 comes in? Trying to figure out how many will fit in small priority box.

I sell on ebay and have an account with fed ex which I get a discount for if youre going to be sending in bulk like you sound like you are , you may want to look into it . the only way priority or priority flat rate boxes save money id if your items are heavy .

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines