College Football Fans?

That was a close one Brian :)

I will take close, with all we have been through as Vols fans. First Kiffin, then the Dooley years (worst coach in SEC history, and this is not a casual observation I am very close with the coaching staff and people in the AD). Now we have a real coach that knows how to win. Look out SEC, these next few years will put everything back the way it should be.

First win over a ranked team since 2009

First win over a top 15 team since 2007

Its a HUGE step in the right direction now that we have the right guy at the helm!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For me personally, any bowl season that both Alabama and Ohio State get owned is a great bowl season! My Vols will get there next year and the next, look out.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when Auburn beat 'Bama. I have a soft spot for them because I was a high school marching band mom before my son graduated, and one of the saxaphone players from the "100" got a full academic ride to 'Bama and is in the Million Dollar Band (so his mom regularly posts videos of their shows, that's one proud momma!). Naturally, in addition to getting Facebook updates on the Million Dollar Band, we get regular updates on how the football team is actually doing, Momma is following the football team and has all the Alabama swag all over her cubicle at work, from pics I've seen!

• 6 months later...

About time to revive this thread! I was able to catch the last hour or so of our first Fall Practice last night and it is amazing the transformation the team is making. Tennessee is not a "contender" by any means, too young, but we will surprise some folks. QB play in the first practice (granted not in pads) was light years ahead of this time last year. This time last year we had 0 players that could squat 600lbs and this year we have 9. Derek Dooley did a number on our beloved program but it is about to turn around not that the right guy is at the helm. The hunger, attitudes, fitness levels, and understanding of the play schemes in the Jones-Bajakian Offense are where they need to be. Could get interesting....

I am gonna say 7-5 regular season (winning one of Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina) and a bowl, next year and the year after will be our years to make a run at the SEC and return to what Tennessee football is supposed to be!

GO VOLS!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...