I am a Smoker

rajdwip

Hello, friends,

How are you? I am a chain smoker who really wants to give up it. I am always searches the places where people talk about something positive. I will also share my experiences with all of you. Thank you.

Welcome to VaporTalk! You've come to the right place. Many of us were chain smokers, or on our way to becoming chain smokers and know what you're facing. Switching over to vaping is the best decision I ever made. I tried everything else out there, and always had epic fails. The harder I tried to quit, the more anxiety I would feel, and the more I would smoke. A totally viscous cycle.

During my first week of vaping, I discovered that I actually preferred vaping... the smell, the flavor, the vapor... everything positive was doubled. For me, there were the dreaded 5 that I had a hard time giving up, but when I was ready, I challenged those and those too went away. Tell us a little more about your habits, likes and dislikes. Menthol? Camels? Work at home? Work breaks only?

Oh, and btw, I smoked for over 45 years and was almost up to 3 packs a day when I started vaping. (Camel filters and Marlboro reds).

What helped me?

eGo type of battery. Today the eGo Twist or the Vision Spinner are even better.

Cartridge and Boge Carto's. Today, the Viva Nova v2 and the Kanger ProTank are even better.

There are others too, of course, but these are the ones I'm most familiar with. Come on in, pull up a chair, grab a cookie, and get ready for the info that will change you into an ex-smoker once and for all. Welcome.

Hello, friends,

How are you? I am a chain smoker who really wants to give up it. I am always searches the places where people talk about something positive. I will also share my experiences with all of you. Thank you.

first step is to slowly transition to vaporizing. Things will begin to change after that.

• 4 weeks later...

Loved my cigarettes! Started vaping about 6 days ago and haven't looked back. Was a 20 year veteran now I have an Ego-C kit and a Vivi Nova tank. All for cheaper than a carton of cigs. Good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

My husband smoked 2 packs a day for 35 yrs....picked up an Ecig and never touched another analog again! I smoked a pack a day for 30 yrs and it took me a little longer! He smoked menthol ciggies, so picking a juice was easy for him but I could not find a flavor that I liked enough to throw my analogs away, FINALLY I found a few I liked then a few more I LOVED! Mixing some fruit flavors with a tad of menthol works great! Unlike my husband, I couldn't put the analogs down for good, but figured a pack a month is way better than a pack a day! Even if you can't completely put them down, using the ecigs as an alternative (like I did for a long time) you might find that when given the choice of an analog or taking a vape, you might start choosing the vape more times than not. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I can smell my perfume and that my hair smells like my shampoo!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

you sound like youll fit in here just fine!

Im an ex chain smoker too! I did love my smoking -I dont think it was the cigarettes as it was the "smoking" them .I used to go outside at work and hot box one down and then run back inside spraying my self with body spray lol I actually thought that killed the smell

omg there isnt enough sweet pea body spray this side of the mississippi river to cover that up to a non-smoker ! I didnt know any better .I smoked for years . Now I know . my husband is still a smoker .I cant even ride in his car with out odor ban spray .

I am soo glad I know what I smelled like -you will be too!

AND BONUS everything you vape not only tastes good but smells really good too .Everyone always comes to see what im eating in the kitchen because they think ive made some yummy treat and it is just me sitting at the table surfing the net and vaping lol !

I am no longer selt conscious about stinking or anxious about riding in a car with my mom the non smoker because I will be trapped and and at her mercy -and btw she has no mercy for a smoker she used to break my cigarettes if I left them anywhere outside of my purse .

I am always excited to see another person quit smoking !!! welcome to the forum! any thing you need to know just ask everyone is genuinely interested in seeing you succeed :flower: !

I've only been vaping for about six weeks, but I love it. I tested myself on a real cig once, and I couldnt handle it. Which amazed me since I was up to a pack a day. I can't tell people enough how impressed I am with it and I will never go back. Plus, the people on VT are amazing. Welcome and congrats.

I smoked 1.5 to 2 packs a day for over 27 years, and this was my first attempt to quit. I didnt expect it to work, and now I would never trade my vape gear for a lifetime free supply of analogs. I actually prefer it, not just a substitute that "will do". Like I said before, even if the medical community came out and stated that smoking analogs or vaping had identical health risks, I would continue to vape over smoking.

I got 40 years with cigars, ciggs, and pipes. You could just make a pile of tobaco and light it and I would come running. Now I havent touched one in 50 or 60 days. Every time I want one I use my ecig. I get the nicotine I need and the vapor plumes and feel better.

The mistake I made when starting is to get too small a battery to start. Something that looked like a cigarette. I almost burned them out toking like a dragon to get the nic. Now I use bigger batteries and am going to 18mg juice and am feeling lots better.

and I do not use tobac! :) In fact if I smell it somewhere it stinks to me! You might want juice to start that is like tobac, I didnt. I was mostly cigars and pipes and it aint easy to match those scents.

I have a workable solution and I like it! My wife even allows it in the house now!

Add to that I can breath better now. I have respiratory issues so breathing better is huge. I dont smell like an ashtray either.

Chicks dig the ecig and ask me all the time about it. Even my dog cpl Daisey W. likes it!

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying it. You can always go back to tobac if you want. I'm thinking you wont want to.

I got 40 years with cigars, ciggs, and pipes. You could just make a pile of tobaco and light it and I would come running. Now I havent touched one in 50 or 60 days. Every time I want one I use my ecig. I get the nicotine I need and the vapor plumes and feel better.

The mistake I made when starting is to get too small a battery to start. Something that looked like a cigarette. I almost burned them out toking like a dragon to get the nic. Now I use bigger batteries and am going to 18mg juice and am feeling lots better.

and I do not use tobac! :) In fact if I smell it somewhere it stinks to me! You might want juice to start that is like tobac, I didnt. I was mostly cigars and pipes and it aint easy to match those scents.

I have a workable solution and I like it! My wife even allows it in the house now!

Add to that I can breath better now. I have respiratory issues so breathing better is huge. I dont smell like an ashtray either.

Chicks dig the ecig and ask me all the time about it. Even my dog cpl Daisey W. likes it!

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying it. You can always go back to tobac if you want. I'm thinking you wont want to.

well said sheep :)

I tried it all the worst was Chantax, I can't do the patch because I have epilepsy. I went to the local shop and started small. Then I went with go vista. Their plan worked for me. I would smoke 2 analogs in the am with coffee. 8 weeks ago I put them away and have been vaping ever since. But I have learned a lot on this forum. There are people way smarter then me here but I just put in my 2 cents. My wife smokes a half pack of analogs a day and I swore I would never become one of them who criticizes smokers. I was one for 20 plus years. I do agree with alpha324 once you find the right equipment and flavor you won't need the cigs anymore. Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of knowledge in here. Good people who will set you in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

To the OP, welcome, and it's great you are looking for information. But just to start off with, I would stay away from the cigarette lookalikes. I've heard they are harder to get a throat hit out of, and plus, they can get more expensive than the other equipment with the amount of juice you go through, and how much is charged per cartridge and such. The disposables are the worst - advertised to be about a pack's worth, but when you vape it, I've heard they last no more than 2 hours on the battery life, which, considering how many hours in a day, can get just as expensive or more expensive than smoking - which is why I stayed away from e-cigarettes until I found out about the other equipment (I'm currently using the basic eGo starter package, but with different tanks to hold the juice than what came with the kit, but I have other equipment coming in.

I tried it all the worst was Chantax, I can't do the patch because I have epilepsy. I went to the local shop and started small. Then I went with go vista. Their plan worked for me. I would smoke 2 analogs in the am with coffee. 8 weeks ago I put them away and have been vaping ever since. But I have learned a lot on this forum. There are people way smarter then me here but I just put in my 2 cents. My wife smokes a half pack of analogs a day and I swore I would never become one of them who criticizes smokers. I was one for 20 plus years. I do agree with alpha324 once you find the right equipment and flavor you won't need the cigs anymore. Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of knowledge in here. Good people who will set you in the right direction.

Didn't think you could do Chantix with epilepsy, either? But no matter, I'm bipolar, and an a TON of medication for it, not to mention medication for MS and such, we well as my epilepsy medication, so it was a no no for me (I haven't had a true manic episode for about 7 years, although I would almost welcome one to get out of the depression, I'm not willing to risk it). They never told me of any problems with the patch and my epilepsy, but whenever I used it, the muscle I had it on would end up in a lot of pain and spasms by the end of the day, so they figured I was allergic. Plus, after two days, I figured out that even the highest dose patch wasn't as much as I was getting smoking 2 packs a day, so I would supplement with the occasional cigarette, even if I let half of it burn out. Any time I tried to quit analogs before this, I never lasted more than 2 days without going back to analogs at least a few a day. And my anxiety is much worse now, before I put down the analogs, then it was last time I tried, when I lasted somewhere between 5 - 12 hours.

It was like that for me for about a week but my wife took about 3 months to realize she prefers vaping to smoking. Stick with it so worth it!

B, I realized within a week as well - we were still smoking the rest of our analogs to finish them off (at most, what would have been a 3 day supply lasted us about a week or 10 days, can't remember the exact day we picked this stuff up, and I don't feel like looking up our account history, lol. By the end of the week, while I was smoking an analog, I would still take an occasional vape because of the flavor, and the analogs tasted bleh. I still did have those two slip ups, but one I pretty much planned on, and the other, well, you know.

But except for 5 on 2 days, I've been analog free since 7/27. There have been times when I've missed it, especially that first week, or occasionally now and then (like when I have my occasional can't settle of a flavor times), but for the most part, I haven't looked back.