flavoring

Can someone give me some info on flavoring?

I assume flavors are marketed by suppliers like anything else. Do different manufacturers use different sources for flavors? Why are some flavors clear and others heavily colore?. Or is the color not in the flavorings? Im just looking for some basic info on juice construction

Thanks

Different juice manufactures use different sources I'd imagine. Take Virgin Vapors for example. They extract flavors themselves, others outsource. Some manufacturers add food coloring to their juices while others do not. I prefer the latter. The less ingredients in a juice that is not needed is what I prefer.

Doh! Thanks Tameiki. I just read Kitsune post on flavorings and that helped alot too. Im surprised that our juice cintains such a high percentage of flavoring. Im assuming that is still true today.

Doh! Thanks Tameiki. I just read Kitsune post on flavorings and that helped alot too. Im surprised that our juice cintains such a high percentage of flavoring. Im assuming that is still true today.

Kitsune's been doing the DIY for a long time so I would trust what she says. She really knows what she's doing! :)

I'm not at all sure about that Tam !! Mostly trial and error.

The flavorings used are really just food flavoring and are designed to be used in foods, candies, cakes etc. Most flavorings you can buy directly from the source for much cheaper....flavorwest, perfumers apprentice, Loranne and flavourart are the ones I use the most. Flavourart is in italy...shipping is hugely expensive.

I do try to avoid the darker colors (just a thing for me), don't know that they are bad....I just like to be able to see through my flavoring.

The original liquids were pretty clear...then people like me came along and wanted more flavor......

• 1 month later...

Hello clairethomas. All you gotta do is some online shopping. I've used ecigexpress, DIY flavorshack, RTS vapes, and a few more that isn't coming to me now. There a several different flavor manufactures sold by these sites and hundreds of flavors. There must be quite a few that you will find interesting! Also check in local bakery supply stores in your area for flavors. Not all flavors are suitable for vaping but most of them are; any questions, just shout out!

• 4 weeks later...

In all honesty, I got some super legit flavors from this chinese site the other day. I got watermelon flavor liquid. SO good. It tasted like a smooth wonderful puff of happiness. :D -- Victoria P. Founder of www.BostonVapors.com

Hello, although I am getting really very good products from ecigarettesworld Ireland, but I want some DIY for flavors too. How can I get more interesting flavors?

Want to plug Onestopdiyshop. http://www.onestopdiyshop.com/ I have compared prices on their TFA flavors and have found them even cheaper than the TFA website in the small sizes at least.

onestopdiyshop: 30 ml (1 ounce) = $5.44 (before discount code), TFA Website: 1 ounce = $7.00, depends on flavor though.

Anyone have a coupon code for the TFA website?

Edited by ArnieH