For those with an airy draw on the eGo

Well I made an important discovery tonight by accident. I know this probably belongs on a technical thread but there has been so much discussion of it I thought I'd mention it here. I tried a search because I'm sure this has come up before but I couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

Short story- my wife has been having a little more difficulty getting complete satisfaction from vaping. She hasn't smoked but she just hasn't been totally satisfied. She complained of having an airy draw. I'd hear her vaping and it just sounded like she was getting too much air. I tried to teach her to pull more slowly but she just didn't like that it wasn't natural.

We have the same set up - eGo battery and Kanger T2. I converted her to the T2 and she loves it except its airy draw. Finally I decided to solve it.

Long story, short- I have Joyetech ego batteries and she has the "cute" knock-offs. After trouble shooting the T2s because I thought it was a Clearomizer problem I finally discovered that the Joyetech batteries have a significantly longer thread. Originally I thought their only function was to hold the battery and Clearomizer together. But now I see the threads play an important part in airflow.

The air holes in the side of the T2 match up well to my threads on the Joyetech restricting the airflow nicely. I never have had a problem with airy pulls. I get a nice soundless tight pull and awesome vapor production very similar to a real cig. When I finally compared her threads with mine, I would say she has little more than half the amount of threads on all her batteries versus mine. What a simple thing. I never thought to swap out the batteries with her. She was amazed at the difference in the pull and not just that, but she was getting richer vapor and better flavor. She's a happy camper now. Of course, now I have to buy some new batteries,lol

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Goes to show you how compatibility with parts is not always ideal and if your not satisfied with your rig well maybe something can be done about it.

I tried the tape over the hole trick and it works pretty well. Not perfect but much better. I still don't think I'm getting my battery back,lol

I think Tam might be right. I have 2 of those "pretty" knock off eGo batteries that I noticed did not pull as well as my Twister so today I ordered an Ego Tank Adapter from Sweet Vapes for $2.95. It also adds bling to the unit. So, if it works, more efficient and pretty. I'll let yall know how it works when I get it.