Question about resistance

I use an eGo-C battery and Kanger T2. I also have an eGo twist.

I know I can order replacement atomizers for the T2 in various ohms. Typically I have used 1.8 - 2ohms

Given the same voltage setting I am assuming the atomizer with a lower resistance runs "hotter" than one of higher resistance.

I'm guessing that vapor production is related to voltage across the resistance. In other words, to create the same vapor with a higher resistance I need to either boost the voltage, or, pull longer and hold the button longer.

My question is, does higher resistance increase the life of my atomizer even though I may be sending more voltage through it to get the vapor? Or another way to think of it is, if I don't change the voltage do I get a "cooler" vape and longer atomizer life?

Plus, don't I get the advantage of not frying my wicks with a cooler setting to give time for the juice to wick on to the coil? I may have to pull more or longer perhaps to achieve this.

Am I thinking correctly with this?

I want to know more about advantages/disadvantages of playing with voltage and resistance

Hotter either by lower resistance or higher voltage boils more liquid creating more vapor.Some are of the opinion hotter keeps the crud burnt off of the coil making it last longer.You pretty much have to experiment and see what worx for you.I personally like the 2.8 ohm Nova elements at 3.7 volts.

I hadn't thought of that. Lower burning temps would tend to carmelize the liquid, wouldn't it? Clogging the coil. I might try a new resistance level and play with it.

I generally use 1.8 to 2.2 at 4-4.3v depending in flavor with Vision Spinners and Kanger T2 with one hole taped over. That's my sweet spot so far. Had been using 2.2 but got new shipment of T2s with 1.8 on them and really like that resistance.

I don't find much if any difference in the life of a coil because of resistance. I usually toss out a coil after 3 weeks for a fresh one but sometimes I let them go a lot longer. The lower resistant ones can take on a burnt taste if you put too much power to it and they are never right again, so I try to avoid cranking my twist fully when I have less than a 2.2ohm on it. When I use a coil that registers 2.2 to 2.4 ohms my preference is at or just above 4v. and 4.8v doesn't seem to burn it if I was to put it up that high. Either LR or SR seem to last the same for me and I use both with my T2, I just have to remember to keep my twist a little less than half way or a little more than half way and fine adjust to what I want at any time.

Mike said:

"The lower resistant ones can take on a burnt taste if you put too much power to it and they are never right again, so I try to avoid cranking my twist fully when I have less than a 2.2ohm on it."

That's what it was. I think early on i was cranking so hard on that sucker i was burning them up prematurely. I was burning up a coil in like 5 days. Actually I was frying it and then it would never recover.

As I vape more and more I am liking a little cooler vape it seems. I realized last night that 1.8ohms at 3.5-3.8 is a great setting for fruit flavors but 2.2ohm took around 4.1-4.3v to produce the same experience and it was a lot hotter. Next time I order coils I am definitely ordering 1.8ohm instead of 2.2 especially for non tobacco or coffee flavors.

As I vape more and more I am liking a little cooler vape it seems. I realized last night that 1.8ohms at 3.5-3.8 is a great setting for fruit flavors but 2.2ohm took around 4.1-4.3v to produce the same experience and it was a lot hotter. Next time I order coils I am definitely ordering 1.8ohm instead of 2.2 especially for non tobacco or coffee flavors.

But how do you remember the resistance on so many devices? And so many tanks come with 2-3 replacement coils with different ohms??

Thats why I like my Tesla, screw on a tank, push a button and get the ohms, adjust watts and volts per Vape chart, and sit in the clouds...

But how do you remember the resistance on so many devices? And so many tanks come with 2-3 replacement coils with different ohms??

Thats why I like my Tesla, screw on a tank, push a button and get the ohms, adjust watts and volts per Vape chart, and sit in the clouds...

I only keep 2 resistance replacement coils for my T2. 1.8 and 2.2. I can take a drag off one and immediately tell you which one it is but I also color code. I have fruit flavors in clear T2s and tobacco-coffee flavors in green T2s. The Green have 2.2ohm and the clear have 1.8ohm. I also use a small fishing tackle box and have everything labeled.

Great chart. Thanks Viper Ron.

So by the chart - it looks like if you draw a diagonal line through the middle of the green area you get the best trade off, vapor production vs battery life vs coil life. And, what do you know, with my twist I start tasting "burn" on my 1.8 - 2.0 at 4.0 - 4.2v so the red zone is really the beginning of burnt flavor. the juice would be a factor too. 50/50 is "slow" to wick and I find 80/20 "fast"

Bcarter, I am finding similar things. I like sweeter/cooler and bitter/hotter