What is the difference in the Vision Spinner and the eGo Twist.

What is the difference in the Vision Spinner and the eGo Twist. I could not find the Spinner in a battery over 90mAh and I am going to need at least a 1100mAh because I was a very heavy smoker. If I am wrong about this please let me know.

http://www.gotvapes.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&x=0&y=0&keyword=spinner&dfrom=mm%2Fdd%2Fyyyy&dto=mm%2Fdd%2Fyyyy

Scroll down and you'll find 1300 mAh Vision Spinners. There are other places where you can find these for a dollar or two less but I get mine from GotVapes. The more mAh, the longer the charge lasts.

The only real difference I've found between Twists and Spinners is that I can see what voltage I'm at with the Spinners much easier than the Twist. With the Twist, because the numbers are etched into the metal, I have to hold the battery "just so" under a bright light so I can see the numbers. With the Spinner, it's right there and very easy to read -- unless you get the chrome one. That's been a bit harder for me to see. :)

Thanks Tam. I should have waited but I went ahead and ordered the eGo Twist yesterday because I did not see the ones at the bottom. But I can get the spinner next time. How long do these batteries last before you have to buy another one? It sounds like you have eye sight like me so I will be having difficulty seeing the numbers but at least I got the black one. Do you really have to adjust it that much. It seems to me that I will probably want it on full blast all the time because I was such a heavy smoker and it seems to be taking alot to keep my craving down. If you don't mind me asking, why do you adjust yours and when? Is there a reason for doing so? Thanks for all of your help.

If you were a heavy smoker I would have at least 3 or 4 batteries at all times. I have an Ego case that always has 2 Ego T 1000mah and a 1300mah Vision Spinner with 5 full CE4s in it. If one dies it goes straight on the charger as I use another one. I keep a charger at work and a couple at home. So far these are giving me about 24 hours between charges and I vape a LOT. This is the minimum setup I would start with. I am probably going to add a couple more Spinners in a month or so once.

Sweet-Vapes.com has the 1300mah Spinner at $24.95 which is super affordable, but the eGoT 1000mah starter kit at VapeDudes is a great deal as well. Those batteries are 3.7v and last me about 24 hours between charges.

Just because you were a "heavy smoker" doesn't mean you need to get the biggest, baddest thing out there (equipment-wise), and dial it up to 11 all the time in order to be able to get the nicotine fix to stay away from analogs. The craving you're getting could be helped along in part by a psychological addiction to cigarettes as well. That said, you don't have to go all or nothing, either. You can smoke a few while you taper down.

Just curious, because you say you were a heavy smoker numerous times... how much were you smoking? When I think of a heavy smoker I'm thinking about 3 - 4 packs of Marlboro Reds a day. :)

Anyway, all my Spinners are working well for me. I don't think I'll need to replace them anytime soon unless I break them physically somehow. My eGo 650s (not variable voltage), are still going strong and I bought the first one May 10th of last year.

If you go "full blast all the time" you're going to be spending a lot of money on replacing blown coils. It's like adding too much air into a balloon. Some of them will take more air than others before they go pop. When your coil goes "pop" you'll need to replace it. The balloon would be the coil in the clearomizer and the air would be the voltage.

Each flavor and delivery device (atomizer, clearomizer, cartomizer, tank, etc. as well as what ohms they're at), will have a different setting. Only you will know what tastes best at what voltage so it's a trial and error thing. Start at the lowest setting and vape, turn it up a little at a time until you get a burning taste and then back it off a bit. My fruit flavors seem to taste best at a lower voltage. The coffee and bakery flavors seem to like a higher voltage. Your mileage may vary and probably will. With my 2.0 ohm atomizers and the EC Blends' Feels Like a Nut juice, I like it right at 4.0 volts. My cranberry or blueberry juices prefer around 3.7 volts.

As for keeping the cravings down, that's all juice related not so much your equipment although that can have something to do with it if you're using inferior quality stuff. I'd go with 24 mg of nic (that's close to the full flavor cigs), a higher PG for more throat hit. Maybe 60 PG/40 VG or even 70 PG/30 VG? The reason why I suggest those percentages is because the less VG = less vapor and I think you'll be happier with some vapor to help make you miss smoking less.

I really appreciate reading answers/suggestions from you Tam. Reading thru this forum and checking out all the different threads, your replies are very helpful to me! I smoked about a pack or a little more of analogs a day. I couldn't smoke at work so most of my smoking was ALMOST chain smoking after I got home..lol. I started vaping this past Monday so this is my 6th day. The first day or so I smoked about 5 analogs a day.....the next few days I smoked 3. Today, I have smoked 1! And I lit that one 3 different times. I have been trying to keep myself from referring to them as "real" cigarettes and just refer to them as "tobacco" cigarettes. That has helped my frame of mind. I also keep expecting them to taste nasty. So far, they haven't tasted nasty but they seem to keep getting lighter and lighter???? Anyway, I wish you luck on kicking the analogs for good and like Tam has said, it helps if you don't just tell yourself that this is it...no more analogs only vaping. And thanks to you Tam for your thoughtful answers and suggestions :)

I really appreciate reading answers/suggestions from you Tam. Reading thru this forum and checking out all the different threads, your replies are very helpful to me! I smoked about a pack or a little more of analogs a day. I couldn't smoke at work so most of my smoking was ALMOST chain smoking after I got home..lol. I started vaping this past Monday so this is my 6th day. The first day or so I smoked about 5 analogs a day.....the next few days I smoked 3. Today, I have smoked 1! And I lit that one 3 different times. I have been trying to keep myself from referring to them as "real" cigarettes and just refer to them as "tobacco" cigarettes. That has helped my frame of mind. I also keep expecting them to taste nasty. So far, they haven't tasted nasty but they seem to keep getting lighter and lighter???? Anyway, I wish you luck on kicking the analogs for good and like Tam has said, it helps if you don't just tell yourself that this is it...no more analogs only vaping. And thanks to you Tam for your thoughtful answers and suggestions :)

Go you, Gracie! You're getting there at your own pace. That's what counts. :animier: And thanks for the kind words. The people here have been very patient and helpful to me so it makes me happy when I can do the same for someone else. We all had to start somewhere. :)

Whenever I tried to kick the habit in the past, just thinking, "I can't have any more cigarettes" would kick start the anxious feelings and make me want them more. With vaping I'm taking a different approach. "I'm not having any right now but I can if I really want one." That's working much better. Two or three times since May 15th of last year I've lit one up out of curiosity. After a couple of drags I'd put it out and go shower and brush my teeth to get the taste out of my mouth and the smell off my body. That would calm the little monster inside that wouldn't shut up about having just one more cigarette. Now, I'm working hard to not become one of the "ex-smokers" I hated running into while I was hooked. :D

Edited by Tameiki