how to fill cartridges

Hi! I'm assuming it's cheaper to buy the liquid than new cartridges and don't have any idea of how the process works. Please bear with me - I'm brand new at this - bought a starter kit at analog alternative, think vaping will really work for me and am excited as I've cut WAY down on the cigs. Thanks for listening,

augiemom

Big Thanks to all who responded. My kit from analog alternative came in a nice box with only "E-Cigarette" and "SGS" and some symbals. I use atomized cartridges also from the same company. I will go to Youtube and search. Thanks again, good people!

Augiemom, Before you refill those, find out how to clean them on youtube also! You would not believe how much junk is in one from even one smoke through, mine was brown as heck inside. More then likely you CAN take the tip off of them. But DO clean them there is a LOT of their old liquid in them also which WILL screw up your NEW flavor.

I just bought myself a turkey baster and plastic tube with 3/8 inch inside dia. I will use 2 pieces of tube one on each side of the cartos. AND HOT HOT water. Leave them set open end up for a complete day (2 is better) before refill. Videos on you tube also from drip fill to syringe/needle, to carto/condom fill.

I just ordered blank cartos that are made to refill also.

Edited by DavidBowser

I saw on youtube where a guy was using a baking soda and white vinegar way of cleaning them. Has anyone tried that way yet? It would seem the vinegar would clean left over taste out.

I think you're fighting an uphill battle trying to clean cartos. A pack of 5 cost around 6-7 bucks. Each one of those should last a week or two of use. I don't think you are saving anything by trying to reuse something so cheap. I may be wrong but that's how I see it. If you are unsure about a flavor I would suggest either dripping or using a small clearo that would save both time and the headache of trying to clean a cartomizer.

Yeah, mse12, I agree. I keep the guys at work who vape supplied with juice, and I give them a fresh carto with every 10 ml. bottle of juice. I tell them to toss the old carto when they've vaped the bottle up because even though a good carto will last much longer than 10 ml., there is a noticeable difference between a 10-ml.-old carto and a freshy.

BTW, I get 'em for 92¢ a piece shipped here (Boge - mix and match - any style).

Edited by Rixter

That's a great price on those cartos. I'm a relative noob, so what is the difference between the Boge XL/LR/SR and which would you suggest for an eGo battery? It's a Tornado-C that I got from mse12. Thanks again! :)

That's a great price on those cartos. I'm a relative noob, so what is the difference between the Boge XL/LR/SR and which would you suggest for an eGo battery? It's a Tornado-C that I got from mse12. Thanks again! :)

I would recommend a boge LR (2.0ohm) carto for that. They work great. With the low resistance coil in it the lower power pushed by that ego battery is plenty. I'm glad you are enjoying it. Is it working as well as your starter kit I hope?

Okay I have been using clearomizers but at $6 a pop they are getting a little pricy for me. After I clean them they just don't seem to work well or taste as good as a new one. I can use one for about 3 days before it needs cleaning.

I'm thinking about getting the cartomizers because at $23 for 5 boxes it seems like a better deal and I can switch out to a new one often.

I have an ego-t system. Which Bogo cartomizers do I need to buy? What is the difference between these four options?

LR 2.0

SR 3.0

XL LR 2.0

XL SR 3.0

I would recommend a boge LR (2.0ohm) carto for that. They work great. With the low resistance coil in it the lower power pushed by that ego battery is plenty. I'm glad you are enjoying it. Is it working as well as your starter kit I hope?

Thanks for the info. :) The eGo-C is working great and is definitely a stronger hit and longer lasting battery than my Apollo KR808D. I've been alternating between the two with different flavors and that works well too. The KR works a little better at work for a quick stealth vape or two because of less vapor.

I've bought some more juices and a couple drip tips to play with along with the rest of your goodies. This is so much more fun and satisfying than boring old analog cigarettes. :)

Do you have to punch these yourselves'? I have no idea what that even means!

Only if you get really mad at them and they don't behave... :D

And the real answer is...no. You get them, fill them with e-liquid, wait a bit and then enjoy. :)

I think you're fighting an uphill battle trying to clean cartos. A pack of 5 cost around 6-7 bucks. Each one of those should last a week or two of use. I don't think you are saving anything by trying to reuse something so cheap. I may be wrong but that's how I see it. If you are unsure about a flavor I would suggest either dripping or using a small clearo that would save both time and the headache of trying to clean a cartomizer.

LOL Yes mse12, I may be fighting an uphill battle. But I have more time on my hands then you can imagine. Plus it is the fun of experimenting that you do. LOL

I use a bigger Clearomizer then anything else. I am looking for a good Atomizer to play with when I start DIY e-juicing, but finding a atomizer for the 808 threading or the EGO threads is hard to do. I know I can get an adapter to go to the 510s but not at the second.

Filling cartridge will never be a piece of cake at once, it takes many attempts to do it the right way. Be patient and careful, become skilled through youtube videos, read tutorials and learn from other’s mistakes. Make sure you do not overlook precautionary steps, to avoid wastage of liquids. Goodluck , Have a happy vaping!

I normally vape a butter rum of 70PG 30VG. It is a bit thick but it is the smoothest thing I found that feels like real smoking.

What happens is the wicks get crusted with brown gunk and it makes the liquid taste funny after awhile then when I clean them it seems the atomizer loses a lot of kick.

I normally vape a butter rum of 70PG 30VG. It is a bit thick but it is the smoothest thing I found that feels like real smoking.

What happens is the wicks get crusted with brown gunk and it makes the liquid taste funny after awhile then when I clean them it seems the atomizer loses a lot of kick.

Hmmmm. Sounds like you might be ready to try direct dripping. :D