Best Ry4?

Earlier today, my buddy brought me some of his RY4 to try out. ZOMFG, I am in vape heaven!!! My only complaint is that this one (made by Wicked Vapors, I believe) has a slight cough-syrup taste. Since I am planning on ordering some more juice this coming week (and being completely new to the wide world of Vaping), I was wondering which company makes the most quintessential version of this delectable vape-nectar. Let the great eJuice debate begin!!!

I have tried a lot of different versions of RY4, which was originally made by Dekang, and in my opinion, Dekang's RY4 is still the best (of what I've tried). According to old-school RY4 vapers, the recipe has changed since the original product was introduced, but it remains a very popular juice nonetheless. I get mine from here when they have it in stock...it's an 80PG/20VG blend.

If you want a comprehensive list of what's out there (with ratings), try this link, this link, or this link (from another forum). Oddly missing from the "Really Big RY4 Roundup" list is Dekang's RY4. :question:

Edited by Rixter

A little light reading for a Sunday afternoon....thanks, Rixter!!! :lol: The big list did, however, mention Dekang....in a mythical sense, referring to their 2009 formula. Don't know why their current formula failed to make the report card, though.

I tried the Dekang Gold Ry4 last year and it was great. I only tried it once before that and had a bad experience with it so I can't compare old recipe to new. If you never tried it or had a bad one than try the DG it's what turned my around on it. :-)

So, on popular advice, I ordered some Dekang RY4, and received it this afternoon. Honestly, it was pretty horrible. I am still trying to wash the taste out of my mouth!!! Smelled like cheap whiskey, and tasted worse. Fortunately, it didn't cost me much, so I'm not too put out by not liking it. Think I'll take MSE's suggestion, and try TVR's RY4.

So, on popular advice, I ordered some Dekang RY4, and received it this afternoon. Honestly, it was pretty horrible. I am still trying to wash the taste out of my mouth!!! Smelled like cheap whiskey, and tasted worse. Fortunately, it didn't cost me much, so I'm not too put out by not liking it. Think I'll take MSE's suggestion, and try TVR's RY4.

What's wrong with the smell (and taste) of cheap whiskey? :question:

Seriously, though, I vape Dekang RY4 regularly, and I taste tobacco, caramel, and vanilla, like a sweet-ish vanilla pipe blend.

Since ditching analogs, I have a pretty discerning palate, and I can usually tell (with one pull) which of my juices is in any unmarked carto. Dekang juices, unlike most other brands I've tried, is consistent in taste from order to order, which is one of the main reasons I continue buying it...no suprises.

As they say, though, "taste is subjective"...Brussels sprouts. :no

PS - I know my recommendations may not carry much weight with you now, but IKV RY4 Gold PG is one that a vaping buddy of mine really likes, but I liked it, too, sooooo...

From their website:

RY4G-2.jpg?1340149397

"IKV authentic RY4 E-liquid

Smokey, nutty, and caramelly tobacco fine tuned for perfection with a constant clean burn guaranteed with a 80/20 PG/VG ratio

This e-liquid has been a year in the making of recreating the legendary lost flavor of the Real RY4.

Try the e-liquid that had have gotten thousands off of smoking, what has been a cornerstone in the vaping world.

Many stores across the world tried to duplicate the flavor by using series upon series of concoctions. If you are reading this listing, this means you probably have been chasing the old reminiscent of the lost flavor. Look no further and pick up the flavor one last time and you will be amazed. With steeping comes Greatness. When this liquid is stored in a dark, cool area, the color will start to darken creating a beautiful blast of flavor."

Edited by Rixter

I so agree, Dekang is king of the RY4. Especially the one that Jantyworld carried.

From another forum:

"According to information unearthed here on this thread (about eight months or so back) from reliable inside sources, the original RY4 is indeed still made and sold. That was (and is) Janty Elixir RY4.

The story we got is that the first-ever no-kidding original RY4 was created literally as a lark during a single afternoon in a Dekang factory in China back in 2007 by two men: Ludo---one of the owners of Janty (who was visiting the factory because Dekang manufactured Janty's e-liquids)---and a flavor chemist, presumably working for Dekang.

The RY4 you're talking about---the now-mythic "lost" Dekang RY4---was one of numerous Dekang variations on the original Janty recipe. It was actually stolen in the summer of 2009 by a Dekang flavor chemist who was departing to start his own juice company. He was subsequently arrested, tried, convicted, and is serving a prison sentence in China. Meanwhile, the stolen recipe remains missing to this day.

So, you want the original? Buy some Janty Elixir RY4. You want the lost Dekang? It doesn't exist, although numerous attempts have been made to replicate it. I hadn't started vaping in 2009, so I never had any of the Dekang reformulation that some folks would apparently sell their first-born to have again, so I can't tell you how close the current Dekang formula or IKV RY4 Gold are. Ikenvape's was supposed to be a dead ringer, but many people who had the lost Dekang insist that it had no nuttiness at all, and IKV RY4 is definitely nutty, so who knows?"

Edited by Rixter

Well I'll be darned! I had no idea of the history of the missing RY4. I knew Ludo decided to change the flavor a bit, and introduced us to the new RY4... some liked it better, most of us didn't even try it lol and just bawled. We were furious! I am so going to try the new IKV RY4 Gold. It's at the top of my shopping list. Oh to find that miracle RY4 again.

Does it smell like campfire roasted marshmellows with dry hits? I even miss that!! So does my family. My family often dictates to me what I vape, lol.

Love the history, thanks for sharing!!

What's wrong with the smell (and taste) of cheap whiskey? :question:
Let's just say the days of being young and stupid left me with a big disdain for any hard liquor....especially that of the cheap kind, LOL!!! Now, if there were a liquid that tasted like some of my favorite local microbrews, you'd never get me away from my PV. :lol: Seriously Rix....Taste in anything; art, music, food, and e-Juice is highly subjective. Personally, I'll try just about anything once. Someone can make ten different recommendations in a row to me, and I'll try every one in succession until I find something I like, and not hold the person in question. Out of the three or four RY4's I've tried, the Dekang was the only one I couldn't stand. So, I have 30ml waiting for ya if you want to trade for a couple samples of different RY4.

Heathers Heavenly Vapes has Heavenly tobacco which is an RY4 and very good also. All their NETs (naturally extracted tobaccos) are really good and price is pretty darn good too.

Heather's is Top Notch, right along with Ahlusion. Can't go wrong with either one.

Believe it or not though, I haven't tried either one's RY4. I will try it now, thanks to the headsup on theirs. Isn't it funny how we get so discouraged while trying all the various stores that we eventually forget to even "try" anymore. Well, my "try" is up and running again. Can't wait til payday! Heathers, IKV, ....

Heather's is Top Notch, right along with Ahlusion. Can't go wrong with either one. Believe it or not though, I haven't tried either one's RY4. I will try it now, thanks to the headsup on theirs. Isn't it funny how we get so discouraged while trying all the various stores that we eventually forget to even "try" anymore. Well, my "try" is up and running again. Can't wait til payday! Heathers, IKV, ....
Well, let me know how those ones work out for you. As a newbie, I haven't yet had the opportunity to get too discouraged, and would like to keep it that way for some time.

Well, let me know how those ones work out for you. As a newbie, I haven't yet had the opportunity to get too discouraged, and would like to keep it that way for some time.

Oh you'll know, trust me! Knowing me, there will be a "HALLELUJAH" thread!

I'm quite proud to see Vapor Talk's Dulcis listed in the A category. Since closing the VT store earlier last year I've received literally hundreds of emails asking about it.

Just for the record the VT store is opening at the end of the month, along with it is the return of Dulcis for those interested :)