Kanger Mt3

Got my MT3s today and tried the red one on my twist at 4.0 volts (no clue about watts, however). It works better than the T3s. My T3s are the ones with the black letters and two holes. They seem to pop and crackle when I take a hit. The MT3 doesn't, it's very smooth and is working well with no leaking so far. :)

Dunno wut's wrong with mine, when i first filled i let it sit for 3 or 4 minutes, then started vaping it on my vamo at 6 watts. Got next to no VTF so i cranked it up to 7 watts and thats where i get horrible scratchy hits. I've since cranked it down to 5.5-6 watts which takes away the scratchy hits but gives me no TH or flavor.

If you're using these, and feel like they're performing well, could you post what watts you're using it at, or the voltage and ohms of your setup?

If you could also include the flavor and PG/VG ratio of the juice i'd appreciate it. I'm using a 75/25 so i wouldn't think the juice is the problem but hey, ya never know.

Its a 2.5 ohm atty at 4 volts. so whatever that works out to. Ill have to try it out on my Vamo tomorrow.

V² / R = P and V / R = I, so 6.4 watts and 1.6 amps. :thumbup:

As a side note, I recently started using CE2 "wicking" tank cartos in favor of traditional poly-filled tank cartos due to occasional leaking (poor QC). I immediately noticed that my CE2s, set at 5.5 watts, performed exactly like my poly-filled tank cartos did at 8 watts...any higher and the CE2s started tasting like burning paper. My CE2s also require about a tank-full of e-liquid to break in properly.

Edited by Rixter

If you're using these, and feel like they're performing well, could you post what watts you're using it at, or the voltage and ohms of your setup?

If you could also include the flavor and PG/VG ratio of the juice i'd appreciate it. I'm using a 75/25 so i wouldn't think the juice is the problem but hey, ya never know.

Used the MT3 at 2.4 ohms Vision Spinner 1300 at 4.0 volts with VTR Lemon Meringue 50/50 blend.

I've also tried the MT3 on the eGo C Twist 1000 (or is it the 1100? I can never remember but it's the looooooooooooooooooooong one :D) started at 3.7 volts and went up to 4.3 but 4.0 seems to be the sweet spot for the EC Blends' Dragon's Tear 70 PG/30 VG.

I think what I have is the T2. I have several of them and a bunch of replacement coils, 1.8 and 2.2 ohms. I keep my VV's at a low voltage and vary it to suit my wants at any time. They work great and I have no complaints at all. I also have the mini Vivi Nova and that works great also but the T2 is the easiest to fill and easiest to change coils with no mess.

I've purchased a dozen or more of the Kanger T3 and MT3. I have yet to have one fail, have dry hits or leaking. I gave them as Christmas presents last month to my vaping friends and to some new vapers who decided to "switch" to vaping as a new year resolution. For a beginner, these are much easier than dealing with cartos and tanks, changing coils are easy and the blue and red colors matched very closely to my ego twists. I wish these had been around 18 months ago, when I first started vaping and was searching high and low for the ego mega cartos (which didn't last very long before clogging up, and which ran about $4-5 at the time!)

I tend to vape 3ml or so each day, and I have 2 of these to match my twists...they don't seem to be the juice hogs that some if the other carto/clearos I've used...and they don't tend to caramelize the juice like my old ViVis did. It took about 5 1/2 weeks of constant vaping my favorite juice in the MT3 before I needed to replace the coil assembly, but mostly because I ran the twist too hot,and scorched the coil assembly..I think it would have lasted a lot longer if I had been more aware of my voltage setting.

For those of you T3 users experiencing dry hits, try this advice from Steve K from his "Kanger T3 Bottom Coil eGo Clearomizer Review" :

Kanger-t3-tldr.jpg

"I found in pretty short order, the T3 would give dry hits if I didn’t wait a sufficient amount of time for the coil to re-wick. This was frustrating as I tend to prefer to vape several times in a row.

Fortunately, it turns out there’s a pretty simple modification that can be made to the gaskets to improve liquid absorption and eliminate much of the dry hits. I can’t take credit for this one, a hat tip goes to the good folks over on Reddit.

Unscrew the bottom cap. Remove the gasket that sits on the top of the atomizer, flip the gasket over so the flat side is covering the wicks and replace the gasket. Apparently the gasket in the stock configuration compresses the wicks when the two parts are screwed together. Flipping the gasket keeps it from moving down over the wicks and does not appear to cause additional leaking problems.

Once the hack was in place, I found the T3 much more tolerant to chain vaping. Occasionally, I had to slow down and wait for a few bubbles to appear from the atomizer area. However, those moments were fairly few and far between. Vapor production was already very good, so I can’t really tell if there were any improvements there. I also ran into no additional flooding or gurgling problems in this configuration."

I hope this helps. :yes

Edited by Rixter

Well, that's good to know. Thanks for posting that Rixter!! Just picked up a MT3 from DiscountVapers, and will most definitely employ this hack once I get it. Hopefully, the "Kangergate" issue will work itself out before I have to pick up some replacement heads.

• 1 month later...

I received two of the mt3 clearos a few days ago and so far I am not impressed. I filled one and vaped a full tank on one to break it in, refilled and now it just constantly gurgles. Always getting juice in my mouth and its not very pleasant. Really want these to work well but just not having any luck. These are my first experience with a bc clearo as I have been using the vision v2 clearos since beginning vaping 1 month ago. I really like them. Does anyone out there have any advice on maybe something I am doing wrong? All my juice is 50/50 on a vv ego 650.

• 1 month later...

Just got a Kanger T3 and a few replacement heads. When it works it's great. Love the look on my eGo twist (tanks always look weird and like its going to snap off), easy draw and lots of vapor. A bit of the plastic-y taste others have mentioned but went away quickly. When it's bad it's really bad. Leaking, gurgling, hard to draw through, just unusable. There seems to be a really small window of usability in variation between the replaceable heads. Inside that window, its one of the best vaping experiences I've had, get a bad coil head or anything though and its just a nightmare. There are a lot of YouTube videos and the like about rebuilding or fixing them if you want to go that route, or spend a couple bucks and just throw a new head on there. Seem to be hearing some talk that letting the tank get to less than 1/3 full can lead to some of the issues too... do the MT3's have any of these problems that y'all have seen?

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines